2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

Is Fraizer Campbell due back from injury anytime soon, he seems to be a forgotten man at Sunderland.

No. Out for pretty much the whole season again.

Also I don't know what the disperaging remarks about Ji Dong-Won are from really. Considering he's seen in South Korea as their best prospect and they seem to like him more than Ji-Sung Park, Park for Arsenal, or Young for Bolton. They absolutely rave about him in South Korea and everything he's done so far at Sunderland shows that he's adapting well and doesn't look intimidated by the Premier League.

Edited by IAceI

Is Fraizer Campbell due back from injury anytime soon, he seems to be a forgotten man at Sunderland.

Also I don't know what the disperaging remarks about Ji Dong-Won are from really. Considering he's seen in South Korea as their best prospect and they seem to like him more than Ji-Sung Park, Park for Arsenal, or Young for Bolton. They absolutely rave about him in South Korea and everything he's done so far at Sunderland shows that he's adapting well and doesn't look intimidated by the Premier League.

It's probably because "lol, asian players". Perhaps the majority of the fans in this country are still scarred by the less-than-brilliant performances of Jun-ichi Inamoto, or Lei Weifeng. He's got off to a stellar start this Ji, scored yesterday so hopefully he can keep that going. Personally I love Ji-Sung Park and Chung-Yong Lee, both terrific players on their day.

This whole Gyan situation has been very unsavoury, and I'm glad Steve Bruce was up front and frank about it last night in his post-match interview. Gyan has shown his true colours this week certainly.

Asamoah Gyan could yet have a future at Sunderland after agreeing to pay a chunk of his £200k-a-week wages while on loan at United Arab Emirates club Al-Ain to the Black Cats' charity foundation.

There is no way that can be true (the 200k bit) I could understand if it was 200k of the currency of the UAE but if it's truely £200k then I can see why he'd suddenly want to move to Al-Ain.

Of course it's true, why else would he have moved there? How else could a club that is a nothing club attract a player like him from the league he was in. It's a terrible move by him though and I expect it's ended his career.

The rumours about the Sunderland board considering Bruce's position is ridiculous. The board are just as much to blame for sanctioning some of the worst pre-season transfers in PL history. They obviously backed him in the Summer so it would be absolutely ludicrous if they sacked him based on his, and their own, misjudgement.

It's probably because "lol, asian players". Perhaps the majority of the fans in this country are still scarred by the less-than-brilliant performances of Jun-ichi Inamoto, or Lei Weifeng. He's got off to a stellar start this Ji, scored yesterday so hopefully he can keep that going. Personally I love Ji-Sung Park and Chung-Yong Lee, both terrific players on their day.

This whole Gyan situation has been very unsavoury, and I'm glad Steve Bruce was up front and frank about it last night in his post-match interview. Gyan has shown his true colours this week certainly.

There was nothing that wrong with Inamoto. He started off one season with us brilliantly, broke his leg (or got some other serious injury) and never really got back to his best. I'd be inclined to blame injuries as much as anything.

• Admin
Swansea City have been denied international clearance by Fifa for transfer deadline day signings Darnel Situ and Rafik Halliche.

The Premier League side had agreed to sign Situ from Lens as well as a loan deal for Fulham's Halliche.

But they have been informed they will not be granted international clearance for either defender.

Swansea will await written confirmation before considering whether to appeal.

"Swansea City is disappointed with FIFA's decision and are currently pursuing other options to strengthen the squad," the club said in a statement.

"The club will not be making any other comment at this stage until full written clarification is received from Fifa."

The Swans agreed a four-month loan deal for Fulham centre-back Halliche, 25, and a £250,000 permanent deal for Situ, 19, from French club Lens on 31 August.

Manager Brendan Rodgers had been unable to field the duo whilst awaiting the green light from Fifa due to minor delays in processing the transfers,

Fifa's decision comes despite Swansea having the full backing of the Premier League, the Football Association of Wales, the FA, the French Football Federation and the Professional Footballers Association.

The Swans had already received clearance for their other transfer deadline day signing Fede Bessone, who returned to the club from Leeds on a free transfer.

lol, FIFA.

Marcus Hahnemann has joined Everton on a short-term contract.

I'm assuming/really really hoping this is to keep him busy/active before he heads to Seattle next year since he supposedly does want to end up there eventually. Kasey Keller's retiring, we need a new aging American goalkeeper!