2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

I've always found the insertion of $ or £ signs into players' names quite funny. The level of bitterness it displays is astonishing.

As an Arsenal supporter, I'm not so much bitter as I am just annoyed at the whole situation. To go to City and have them double what we offered and say it's not about money is just silly. It's okay to say you want to win and you want to get paid.

I've always found the insertion of $ or £ signs into players' names quite funny. The level of bitterness it displays is astonishing.

As an Arsenal supporter, I'm not so much bitter as I am just annoyed at the whole situation. To go to City and have them double what we offered and say it's not about money is just silly. It's okay to say you want to win and you want to get paid.

Even if that were the case, I'm not sure how he's obligated to tell you.

• Like 1

Even if that were the case, I'm not sure how he's obligated to tell you.

It's like the LeBron thing. Nobody cares you went to Miami ... people care that you were a cunt about it. If you truly wanted to go to another club for a chance to win trophies then A - you probably should have gone to United, B - Don't act like the doubling of your wages didn't have anything to do with it.

Great signing for Brighton and a really surprising one at that as well, I remember years ago when he was tipped to be one of the next big things but injuries scuppered him abit, hopefully he does well at Brighton.

In other news I wonder who's gonna sign that cunt Diouf <_<

I highly doubt Fabregas was only on £60,000 a week. I reckon he was in the £95,000-£100,0000 range.

Not that it means anything but FM has RVP on £80,000 and Cesc at £110,000.

I think Cesc was definitely around the £90,000 range, as what was proposed to Nasri was supposed to match or be close to matching Cesc's.

Just working through the players who could go into Tottenham's 25 man squad for the Premier League this season what with all the moaning about players leaving and few coming in. Personally I think it was a great window for Spurs although I'd have liked to see a player like Cahill in. Anyway...

GOALIES: 3

Friedel, Gomes, Cudicini

DEFENDERS: 8

Bale, Kaboul, Gallas, Bassong, Dawson, Corluka, King, Assou-Ekotto

MIDFIELDERS: 10

Parker, Huddlestone, Lennon, Van der Vaart, Modric, Kranjcar, Sandro, Livermore (turns 22 in November), Sandro, Pienaar

FORWARDS: 3

Pavlyuchenko, Adebayor, Defoe

All players I didn't mention are 21 or under.

We're definitely short on striking options but Harry seems to play a five man midfield most of the time unless we're chasing the game so I don't think it's TERRIBLE as Van der Vaart is almost classed as a forward player anyway.

That's 24 players so maybe Dos Santos will get a spot if he stops going to so many nightclubs.

So not bad at all.

Many teams going to struggle to get down to 25?

Just working through the players who could go into Tottenham's 25 man squad for the Premier League this season what with all the moaning about players leaving and few coming in. Personally I think it was a great window for Spurs although I'd have liked to see a player like Cahill in. Anyway...

GOALIES: 3

Friedel, Gomes, Cudicini

DEFENDERS: 8

Bale, Kaboul, Gallas, Bassong, Dawson, Corluka, King, Assou-Ekotto

MIDFIELDERS: 10

Parker, Huddlestone, Lennon, Van der Vaart, Modric, Kranjcar, Sandro, Livermore (turns 22 in November), Sandro, Pienaar

FORWARDS: 3

Pavlyuchenko, Adebayor, Defoe

All players I didn't mention are 21 or under.

We're definitely short on striking options but Harry seems to play a five man midfield most of the time unless we're chasing the game so I don't think it's TERRIBLE as Van der Vaart is almost classed as a forward player anyway.

That's 24 players so maybe Dos Santos will get a spot if he stops going to so many nightclubs.

So not bad at all.

Many teams going to struggle to get down to 25?

If Livermore only turns 22 in November then I think he still qualifies as 21 or under for the season.