2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

Foster should be number one next season, Enrique won't sign a new contract, he said he would sit down when our PL status was assured, it has been for a while and Newcastle have been unable to get him to sit down to discuss terms, so we might as well sell him while he has a year left as he will have no value to us by January.

I hope Newcastle can keep hold of Enrique. He's been far more important to our season than you'd expect a left back to be. Tiote too, obviously.

I think that we should try and keep as many players as possible, but the players I expect to leave/ wouldn't be sad to see the back of: Campbell, Guthrie, Routledge, Lovenkrands, Smith, Best, Ryan Taylor and Kuqi.

Letting any of those players leave would mean we have to bring in a replacement (with the exception of Taylor if you trust Simpson/ Perch at right back), such is the state of our squad, so Pardew needs to be wise with whatever of the Carroll money he sees. This means not blowing silly money on Charles N'Zogbia.

In terms of who to bring in, I have no idea. I expect us to go back in for N'Zogbia, but with Wigan surviving they'll be able to hold out for better money and we'd need to have all of the Carroll money and then some to be able to pay 12 million plus on one player.

We tried for Seb Larsson in January, so I think we'll try again with him too, we have a better chance because Birmingham have gone down, but I'd expect a lot of competition with him being free.

Also I've yet to find a Newcastle fan that agrees with me but I really think we should try and get a goalkeeper. The injuries have taken their toll on Harper and Krul makes me nervous constantly.

So, if we can keep hold of Enrique and Tiote I think our priority is one or two new strikers since that's the area of our first team that seriously needs addressing. After that, a goalkeeper.

The Smith to Leeds rumours have already begun, plus you can throw Woodgate and Bowyer into the mix this time as well. If Reading don't go up there'll probably be a couple who want us to try get Harte as well... fun times.

I completely forgot about Forster, but it seems to me like Harper has had a lot of injuries since he's become our No 1. Krul still seems a little awkward to me too, but I guess that will go the more games he starts. Personally I think a really good goalkeeper could improve us quite a bit, but it would be something of a luxury signing to bring one in with Forster in the mix. And yes, I still miss Given :(

We're notorious for injuries, so I think the squad size is important. Yes, we could live without Smith and Kuqi but I'd rather be safe than sorry. After Smith our cover in center mid is Dan Gosling, who hasn't been fit all season and our bench has looked terrible more times than I'm comfortable with.

Best was on that list more because I wouldn't mind if we got rid of him. He had a good spell earlier this season but he was gash in the Championship, so is it inconsistency or he's just settling in now? He's fine as a back up, though.

Leeds should re-sign Robbie Fowler aswell, you're still paying his wages from the first time around anyways... :shifty:

I think we should re-sign Seth Johnson personally, as a reminder to all the idiots that want us to go out and give ridiculous wages to average players of why it doesn't work.

"I hope people who like me and like the team, to be happy. I'm most pleased because I am goalscorer, and we are champions. Most importantly, it ended well for us, 19 titles is something phenomenal”, the Bulgarian striker of Manchester United - Dimitar Berbatov said, immediately after the end of the season in the Premiership in an interview for Nova sport television.

He answered to the criticism that the title has been achieved not enough actively: "The answer is the 19th championship title. Those who comment on it, are jealous, or are not fans. We're Champions, we play in the Champions League final, what more to want? "

"I have another year contract, I'm not going anywhere. After the 19th title, is coming the 20th title. Yes I am alive and feel well, I have an action plan," Berbatov said.

A Dimitar Berbatov interview from a Bulgarian sports channel.

Also Soccernet is reporting that Spurs have signed a player from Barcelona's academy and that Man City are on the verge of concluding a deal for Honda, the Japanese International.

Ugh I like Honda too much for him to go to Man City. They have the ability to destroy my love for any player they sign....

....and the Japanese J-Sports will just show Man City games all the time whereas now Tottenham games are shown third most after Man Utd and Arsenal.

I'd have took O'Hara at Sunderland, good left foot on him and can put in a decent cross. Could get a few goals from midfield too I'd imagine but it looks like he was settled at Wolves and making that deal permanent makes more sense. Good player, good enough for starting in the Premier League as said above.

Yeah, I like O'Hara. Between Doyle, Hunt (when fit), Fletcher and O'Hara, Wolves have some pretty tidy players and should probably concentrate on improving their defence now - sign some decent defenders and they should stay up.