WWE '12

Guest rasko

Servers have been working ok for me in the early hours till about midday (Mon-Fri) but weekends and evenings can't get on it at all. But I'm fine with it, gotall the CAW's I wanted to get last week, hope WWE '13s online area works but not going to hold my breath.

I have six CAWs and the option to upload them is grayed out... It's not let me upload them since I got the game...

In previous years, if the option to upload is grayed out, that means you have some kind of DLC on the CAW, which prohibits them from being uploaded.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a CAW uploaded, Jake Roberts! Would any of you fellow EWBers help a brother out and download it? Not gonna lie, I'm trophy hunting right now and would love to get the Platinum for WWE12. It's under ogbuddyawesome! Thanks in advance!

I'll keep an eye out. I'm only about one or two downloads from the "You Got Fans" trophy myself. Add my PSN (Shortradamous) or search by it. I'll need to double-check what other online trophies I need for this one. Just got the For Whom the Bell Tolls trophy, which is one of the more rewarding trophies that game offers.

The game reset my tag teams/stables too. I think I had a heel group consisting of Bobby Roode (my CAW that I'm using as a career), Dolph Ziggler, Brock Lesnar, Cody Rhodes and Beth Phoenix. It also reset titles too, because I had one active female championship, the Divas title, which belongs to Beth. Now the Women's Title is also active.

Also, it fucked up the Money in the Bank too. I edited in the participants so that I could try and win it with Roode. I eventually won and even got the trophy for it. Now however, there doesn't appear to be a MITB winner. Triple H won this year's Rumble and it lists him as the winner still. But there is nothing listed alongside Roode's name, or anyone others, and I seemingly can't cash it in either.

EDIT: Also, is the masked Kane DLC still free? Because going onto the WWE Shop, it says it's 59p in the list of all items, but when you R1 through filters, it's still listed in the free section along with Christian, Fox & Clay... but Kane is still listed as 59p, including when you go to download him it's still giving that fee.

The game reset my tag teams/stables too. I think I had a heel group consisting of Bobby Roode (my CAW that I'm using as a career), Dolph Ziggler, Brock Lesnar, Cody Rhodes and Beth Phoenix. It also reset titles too, because I had one active female championship, the Divas title, which belongs to Beth. Now the Women's Title is also active.

Also, it fucked up the Money in the Bank too. I edited in the participants so that I could try and win it with Roode. I eventually won and even got the trophy for it. Now however, there doesn't appear to be a MITB winner. Triple H won this year's Rumble and it lists him as the winner still. But there is nothing listed alongside Roode's name, or anyone others, and I seemingly can't cash it in either.

EDIT: Also, is the masked Kane DLC still free? Because going onto the WWE Shop, it says it's 59p in the list of all items, but when you R1 through filters, it's still listed in the free section along with Christian, Fox & Clay... but Kane is still listed as 59p, including when you go to download him it's still giving that fee.

It may not be resetting as much as it's just setting up matches for an individual title. There was a point where a worker held the WWE & World titles and would defend one instead of the other against whoever he was feuding with.

The game will list someone as a Rumble winner until the next year's Rumble.

Masked Kane DLC is no longer free. It was only for the initial two weeks or so.

Boo at Masked Kane!

How do you actually cash in the MITB? Roode is on Raw and I tried to cash it in on SD's Cena by interfering in his match, but he just ended up doing a normal interference. I think I've actually cashed it in before when Ziggler won before, I cashed it in for him and it came up with an option asking if I wanted to use the MITB. Or I'm imagining this. :/

Boo at Masked Kane!

How do you actually cash in the MITB? Roode is on Raw and I tried to cash it in on SD's Cena by interfering in his match, but he just ended up doing a normal interference. I think I've actually cashed it in before when Ziggler won before, I cashed it in for him and it came up with an option asking if I wanted to use the MITB. Or I'm imagining this. :/

An option will come up before any title match asking if you want to cash it in. Choosing to do so will simulate the match and a cutscene featuring the winner cashing in on the winner of the simulated match will play. From there, you start the match with the MitB winner & the current champion.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, Kane isn't free now? I haven't had the chance to download him yet, but I've got Fan Axxess. Bullshit. Think I'll skip WWE 13.

Correct. For two weeks after his release, he was free. Now? $1/80 MSP. Not worth it unless you're a completionist, even at a buck.

I'm definitely in the minority here - I can see why - but I enjoy WWE '12 far more than I have enjoyed previous versions. The controls reverted back to one similar to the PS1 days, which I appreciate, but they screwed the net code all to hell and back. Since I don't play online, though, I am unaffected.

Wait, Kane isn't free now? I haven't had the chance to download him yet, but I've got Fan Axxess. Bullshit. Think I'll skip WWE 13.

Correct. For two weeks after his release, he was free. Now? $1/80 MSP. Not worth it unless you're a completionist, even at a buck.

I'm definitely in the minority here - I can see why - but I enjoy WWE '12 far more than I have enjoyed previous versions. The controls reverted back to one similar to the PS1 days, which I appreciate, but they screwed the net code all to hell and back. Since I don't play online, though, I am unaffected.

Same. I've had the most fun playing this one since playing SvR2006, but I think it's even better than that.

This has become another one that I've lost all interest in after a few weeks. Went back to download Kane and Rock a couple of weeks ago but have barely played it since the day after that.

2006 is the best one I've played in the SvR era, kept going with that one for nearly a whole year which I really wish I could do now. Might give it another go and make the money spent on the downloads worth it a bit more though.

I'm so glad I skipped this game. It looks like the franchise is becoming the posterboy for modern games charging full price and raping everyone with little DLCs to get the finished product. I won't be supporting this bullshit any time soon.

The game suffers from the same problems as the last one, and that is Road to Wrestlemania isn't working as a substitute for an actual career/season/story mode like in the earlier SvR games, and Universal mode gets both repetitive and if you put all the unlockable superstars on either one of the brands then there's never enough time for certain guys and tag teams to wrestle and the game automatically disbands tag teams after x amount of time since they last wrestled. :/

I'm so glad I skipped this game. It looks like the franchise is becoming the posterboy for modern games charging full price and raping everyone with little DLCs to get the finished product. I won't be supporting this bullshit any time soon.

They don't charge full price for it though. I got it for not even 20 quid, and spent what a fiver on the downloads 'cos I couldn't be arsed to wait to unlock Goldust (for example :s). I don't think I've ever payed 40 quid for a WWE game on Xbox, and think the last time I payed 30 for a ps2 one was 07.

Every year I plan on skipping the game and say I will, but the last time I didn't actually buy the game before christmas was Shut Your Mouth.