FIFA 12

Cymbols

So after months of FIFA12 sitting atop my rental list, Lovefilm have finally sent me the game.

I'm still tinkering with the settings to get something that I like. I've been a PES boy since about 1999, so even with the alternate control set, FIFA is still taking so adjusting to. I've aleady upped the game speed as the default was deathly slow and upped the injury rate a little.

Assisted shooting/crossing/passing is dire, but manual will take a lot of learning, so I've gone for semi-assisted, which I hoped would make the game play like PES, but it doesn't.

I prefer the defending on FIFA though, I have to say. I'm still rubbish, but I can feel myself improving, and I enjoy the more tactical, thought out style.

Crossing and corners seem to be generally useless, and I've not won a free-kick in about ten matches. I also prefer the tactical depth PES offers in terms of player positioning and formation tweeks.

And thus concludes my random early impressions.