FIFA 12

Cymbols

seeing as they've released the first trailer, I might as well open the thread.

The new game includes-

Better defensive tactics

Better tackling system

Improved push and pull system

Blocking shots

Improved dribbling

Player impact engine... players don't just generically fall over when they are tackled

True injuries

Pretty sure that this year it's gonna take something big for me to buy FIFA again. Just frustrated with the complete lack of support after release. Like Rocksta says, button lag whilst playing online is a biggy. Game glitches/bugs/freezes which you avoid for a while and then come along after nearly every game and make you have to restart your console. Any fixes, EA? lol, no. We've got your money for this year, see you for FIFA 12!

But for anyone who does have their heart set on getting it, apparently there will be a special edition where you get 18/24 (depends where you buy it) Gold packs for Ultimate Team (3/4 per month over 6 months) which I guess is cool if you like UT. I guess that would also have UT actually come with the game this time rather than be DLC.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a323060/fifa-12-price-increases-to-gbp5499.html

Short summary of link content;

FIFA's RRP is now £54.99, but you can pre-order the "ULTIMATE~!!!" edition from GAME for £44.99, which includes Ultimate Team, a mode we got for free in 11.

Part of the reason I've bought it every year for the last 6 or 7 is because it's been available for £25-£30 on release day. Considering I haven't put that much into 11, I was considering skipping this - the price increase has put me even further in that direction.

I was checking out the announced details for FIFA and PES. Neither series has had a killer game for a few years now, but both seem to be taking steps in the right direction. Of course, we'll see how this actually turns out as to wether this is all hype or actual gameplay improvements.

Though the new price can go to hell. I'd only be interested in getting it for the £25-30 release day price like Baddar, or for a little more if I decide to get this and NOT PES at all this year.

No way am I paying £55 for it, if it was something epic like Mass Effect 3 I might consider it but a yearly game that is often full of the same bugs no thanks. I bet manager mode will still be shit too.

The announcement of 'true injuries,' is weird. Are thety actually going to go and injure the player in real life? No? Then it's not a true injury.

And the more I think about it, the more £55 seems like a complete fucking joke. Here's hoping Tesco, Sainsburys and ASDA do their usual release day price-war. Or, a large enough chunk of people fuck EA off and buy PES; though I can't see that having much of an effect, the usual crowd will buy FIFA anyway.

Ray Wilkins so whenever you go for a slide tackle or generally just going for a dribble you just hear STAY ON YOUR FEET!!!!!!!!!

That or

• Like 1