FIFA 12

Cymbols

I hadn't played a football game since PES 2007, but I really liked the revamped defense controls and since I love HUT in NHL 11 I assume I'll like the FIFA version as well. Definitely interested in picking this up.

I don't have access to my PS3 right now, so could someone tell me how hard this new defence system is? I generally suck at defence anyway, so if it is going to make the game frustratingly impossible for me I may as well cancel me pre-order. Though, I did read that you can turn off some of the new defence features to make it easier, or am I making that up?

Walker;

The new defence system makes things much harder, but it's a LOT more rewarding, in my opinion. It just means that you can't hold down the press/second player press buttons to get back possession. Now, you need to time the standing tackle. It's better, because the previous system kind of made the slide tackle redundant, as staying on your feet was so effective.

That said, I haven't put more than 10 minutes into the demo. The games are far too short for my liking. I've already got it on pre-order so it isn't as if I'm testing the demo to see if I'm going to be purchasing the full game. Might actually do UT this year, too.

I've always tried to play contain and face-up the fellow with possession. It's been pretty much the one aspect I've understood that crosses over from American football defense. I just keep over-pursuing in this one. I'm sure I'll get it sometime. I'm currently addicted to the demo and I can tell I'm getting better.

It was just a bit of shock, I guess.

Well, they're over until the pressure-whores press start and revert to ''legacy'' defending, which is last years system. :shifty:

I hope online ranked match uses the tactical system by default - you would think so, considering it's such a big addition.

EASPORTSFIFA EA SPORTS FIFA @ @MrD0ne Tactical Defending will be the only option for online ranked matches.

:D

Love it, been playing the demo quite a bit and played a mate last night when he was over, he pretty much matched me on FIFA 11 but I mauled him on 12, he couldn't defend and keepted holding 'A' expecting to get the ball back instantly.

I love how you have to work to gain possesion now, previous FIFA games have been all about attack, learn how to attack and mash two buttons for defence and you'd be set, now it's oh so much better.

Got to love the amount of people that hate the new tactical defending. It'll be interesting to see how these guys cope online now that they can't put pressure on every one of your players with two of theirs for ninety minutes.

Was it the 20th someone said we could start our UT's? I might actually give the mode a whirl this year. I haven't bothered since 10.

This may've been the case in 11, but are we able to play with a friend locally online against others yet?

I like the new tactical defending system, it'll just take me a few games to get used to the buttons. I don't think the 3 minute halfs on a demo does it enough justice tbh. I prefer the fact that instead of it being ping/pong in possession just attack, they attack, you attack that you actually have to backoff and just soak up the pressure for a bit like in real life or if you can't go forward you have to pass the ball back or sidewards instead. If anything its the change in buttons that has thrown me a little bit.

I'm a fan of the new defence system. It is like what you do in the centre of the pitch is just as important as both ends now, and instead of defence being a case of putting on pressure to stop them scoring you can take pre-emptive moves to dispossess them before they even get close. It actually feels like I'm defending, not waiting for them to fuck up and miss so I can get the ball back.

Need a lot more practice though, I haven't quite got the hang of jockeying yet but I find it very useful. The standing tackle button is a God-send to, loving that inclusion.