FIFA 12

Cymbols

The big question is, will Andy Gray be on the game? :shifty:

Nope.

FIFA 12 will have two commentary teams: one comprising Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend, the other Alan Smith and Martin Tyler.

But there's no Andy Gray, the long-time voice of FIFA, who was dumped by Sky Sports after making derogatory comments about women.

Smith and Tyler form the first FIFA 12 commentary team and voice the bulk of the game. Townsend and Tyldesley call the shots during tournament matches.

But either set can be picked for any match by delving into the FIFA 12 options.

EA promises more than 10,000 lines of "fresh commentary".

Smith and Tyler are familiar with each other from the TV football coverage. Alan Smith, a former striker for Arsenal, used to be my favourite player. Why I remember that 22nd-minute goal in the UEFA Cup Winner's Cup final against Parma like it were yesterday.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-30-fifa-12-has-4-commentators-but-no-gray

As if the official pricing would matter. Day one will see it for 25-30 everywere.... i´ll keep an eye out, with the smal advertised changes they might actualy have put a lot of work in the real problems. I still wish thy would bring a propper tutorial mode like PES.

I'm really glad they chose Alan Smith, he's one of the few bearable commentators Sky have left.

I'm OK with no tutorial mode anyway, FIFA 09 was the first FIFA game I bought in 5 years and I just got better by playing, it's not that complicated.

Edited by The Cool One

I'm really glad they chose Alan Smith, he's one of the few bearable commentators Sky have left.

I'm OK with no tutorial mode anyway, FIFA 09 was the first FIFA game I bought in 5 years and I just got better by playing, it's not that complicated.

You still would have gotten better faster if there was a propper mode to have you train freekicks, dribbling and all the different crosses and shots. Most of whats possible in the game issent even in the manual...

Wich sucks.

How could possibly expect practice mode to be any more indepth? It lets you practice almost everything possible in the game with as much or as little AI opposition as possible.

At some point you're just whinging for the sake of it.

Think it said in the interview that they are gonna announce more stuff about the online game modes at Gamescon I think.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, somehow, this game is costing me £2 with Shopto.net.

My account "balance" is £37.85, and the game is £39.85. I just got this message upon pre-ordering;

Charged To ShopTo.Net Account:£37.85

Charged To Card:£2.00

Total Payment:£39.85

Now, I know I got refunded £28 a few months back for the non-arrival of a game, but that was sent directly back to my card. How the near £38 is on the Shopto account, I have no fucking idea. Still, result! w00t.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

We’ve done a lot of work to change things up and improve the overall experience, and we’re pretty excited about what you’ll make of it. However, we’re also keenly aware that the experience you had with FIFA 11 wasn’t the best in a few areas.

So we thought it would be a good idea to post here and give you a deeper view on the issues we’ve looked to address and the things we’re doing to try to make FIFA 12 online the best experience possible. Needless to say a lot of what we’ve been focussing our attention on for FIFA 12 is based on the continuous flow of feedback from our fans. And for that, thank you. Keep it coming!

Servers

Probably the most common comment we receive concerns servers. Whenever any kind of connection issue occurs, for anyone, the natural response is to point at the ‘servers’ and ask for them to be ‘fixed’. Of course, it’s never quite as simple as that and there are a number of causes for connection problems. Sometimes that’s to do with our own servers, sometimes it’s down to external factors we can’t control.

If you’re playing online head-to-head matches, they are peer to peer. That means we determine your location and match you up with another user based on a variety of factors. Once connected everything is direct between both players. If disconnections occur during a head-to-head game, this is probably due to a connection problem for one of the two players outside of our control, or because one of the players has disconnected or interrupted their connection deliberately.

However, Online Team Play (OTP) and Clubs are a different story. It’s fair to say we didn’t have the best year in terms of stability for OTP and Clubs and we’ve worked hard on making that better for FIFA 12.

For this type of gameplay, in order to keep you and everyone synced up and connected, everyone connects to a central server – just like in 1st person shooters. As you play, you send information up and down from the server. What makes this system great is the slowest person doesn’t add lag for everyone else, as it would in peer-to-peer games. However, on the flip side, if your connection can’t ‘keep up’ with everyone else, there is a threshold where you may be disconnected. This may be due to your ISP, router, or connection, but in many cases it can also be due to someone simply being further away from the server than everyone else. For example, if I have British mates and join their club, our game will likely connect to a European server. In this case, all of my actions need to travel from Vancouver to Europe and back throughout the game. You’ll have better Pro Clubs experiences by joining clubs in your relative regions.

That’s one side of it. The other side is on us. For FIFA 12 we have spent a lot of time looking at our code for OTP and Clubs in order to improve the reliability of your connections to the game. We decided that was probably more important to you than anything else we could do.

So here’s a few bullet points to explain what we’ve been working on:

• Testing, testing, and more testing. We’ve done much more testing in other regions of the world, using differing connection strengths. In particular, we’ve had groups continuously working on that in Argentina, the UK, and obviously here in Vancouver. We’ve also done a lot more wireless specific testing, brought in better load testing for our servers and kicked off early pre-launch testing on our final, live servers.
  • Better tools: We’ve now got much better tools to help us debug issues in both gameplay and online code. One problem that can occur with gameplay (rather than online code) is the dreaded desync. This is where a very specific event in an online match somehow becomes interpreted differently by different people’s local games. When this happens, a disconnection will occur. It’s a complicated thing and affects any game with online modes, but when it happens in Clubs we know it can be very frustrating. We’ve spent a lot of time using our new, improved tools to unearth these gremlins and sort as many of them out as we possibly can for FIFA 12.
  • Better matchmaking: A lot of the problems people have experienced with FIFA 11 comes down to people being inappropriately matched for games. FIFA 12 will include improved matchmaking to prevent less than ideal matchups. Additionally, we have moved authentication and matchmaking servers (what we call ‘central’ servers) to Europe now, which will mean logging in and navigating online screens should be much snappier for most people.

Cheating and Glitchers

FIFA 11 was also a bad year for people finding loopholes, exploiting them, and causing problems for others. They included:

• People using the ‘Flag Glitch’ to cheat their way up leaderboards.
    • Using ‘super teams’ in ranked play.
    • Working around base console security to access and change their Virtual Pro data.
    • Intentionally causing disconnects in Clubs with the ‘Trigger Glich’.
    • The good news is we have put in place fixes for all these issues for FIFA 12.

The caveat, of course, is that whenever millions of people compete at something like FIFA, there will always be those people out there who think it’s worthwhile trying to cheat. They’ll work hard to figure out what exploits may exist, and doing so spoil the experience for everyone else. It’s the nature of the beast, every modern game has to deal with the same thing, and deal with it we will.

We will be closely monitoring the community once FIFA 12 launches and throughout its lifetime, but more than that – we have also built better tools for reviewing and punishing known cheaters.

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/933577.page

Only thing I care about, if this is true, I'll be so fucking happy, all I want is a bug free, glitch free clubs.