The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

So glad that Mcdermott has stayed. Makes sense, new owners, a club and squad with bags of potential, he's been with the club in some capacity for over 10 years, and we're on a roll and could realistically be playing prem football next season, whereas he can go to Wolves and potentially go down and tarnish his rising reputation.

Edited by Matticus

"There will be one share per supporter. There will be no large shareholders within our plan."

I guess that's one way to find out how many supporters Blackburn has ~_~

When the majority of workers within the town are on hourly wages and not salary... Probably not many. It's a nice idea, but a non starter imo. I just can't see people shelling out a grand just to buy one share in rovers, especially when it is being done by this protest group that has turned a lot of fans against them, fans who where with them at the start, like myself.

I've applied for the England manager's job.

I know I won't get it, but it keeps the dole people off my back for another couple of weeks.

My mate made the mistake of applying for the Wolves job.

He's got to go for an interview on Monday.

Edited by The General
  • Like 6

Shot themselves in a foot a bit there Wolves.

Never know though it has worked in the past before like for example Ricky Sbragia for Sunderland when they survived on the last day of the season. I mean most of the likely candidates have either gone somewhere else (Neil Warnock) or just can't agree with the board over certain issues (Curbishley) or have signed contract extensions (McDermott) He'll know the squad and has been there for a bit so makes sense somewhat as a bit of a short term measure. If he keeps Wolves up then he may get the job after this season or it'll allow Wolves to search longer for a new manager. (That and it means I don't have to see Steve Bruce anytime soon)

Still annoyed though that Mick got sacked :angry: He best be doing pundit work or commentary again, found him funny when he was on during the World Cup.