Comic Book Hero: The Greatest Cape General

Herr Matzat

The description of the Cube more or less bluntly points out that they belong in the Dome, Up to the mods I guess.

I do have a query to those that have both played the demo with the crippling combat modifiers and the full game, How is the combat in the full version? Am I going to get knocked out in one blow as a level 1 taking on say Big Kev, Trademark or War Master?

Other than that I'm keen to buy this, The demo has me highly interested.

The game plays tons better with hotkeys, but i would wish that some events get a different key. For example i never noticed how and wen i lost the secret identety. It just got lost spamming space in a fight i was shurly about to loose.

You lose your secret identity if you don't protect it by using Appear As Civilian - you wouldn't lose it during a fight.

I think you should be able to form relations from fighting with another hero you meet while patroling. It´s a bit strange that i need to chase them down to get to know them... that just feels like a very unnatural flow of relationships forming.

You can form relationships with other people from patrolling and combat.

Guest mr. potato head

The description of the Cube more or less bluntly points out that they belong in the Dome, Up to the mods I guess.

I do have a query to those that have both played the demo with the crippling combat modifiers and the full game, How is the combat in the full version? Am I going to get knocked out in one blow as a level 1 taking on say Big Kev, Trademark or War Master?

Other than that I'm keen to buy this, The demo has me highly interested.

You are aware that there's a demo without the crippling combat modifiers?

• 3 months later...

It feels a bit like Wrestling Spirit. Thats not 100% accurate, but in the end it´s your guy going around beating people up (or in my case getting beaten up). The majority of the storyline (if not all) has to be made up by your imagination.

I have not seen a finished mod yet. But the Mod board over at grey dog requires a bit of time to check everythings status.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I made a zombie-themed mod, AFAIK that's the only mod that was actually "finished".

• 3 months later...

Bumping this, as I just remembered this game exists.

Is this actually any good? Is it fun to play? Am I likely to enjoy it? Are the Marvel/DC mods for it playable?

Bumping this thread again with near enough the same question >_<

Basically, there's been very little discussion either here or on GDS of this game - can I take that to mean it's not very good? It seems to have died a death. Do any of you guys still play it, and is it fun?

I've been on a comic book kick lately, and been contemplating getting it, but won't bother if it's just going to be a bit of a waste of time. I was toying with the idea of creating a League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen scenario of some description...but, yeah. How is it?

Bumping this, as I just remembered this game exists.

Is this actually any good? Is it fun to play? Am I likely to enjoy it? Are the Marvel/DC mods for it playable?

Basically, there's been very little discussion either here or on GDS of this game - can I take that to mean it's not very good? It seems to have died a death. Do any of you guys still play it, and is it fun?

I think it dies for the same reason Wrestling Spirit died (assuming that it did die because people did not pick up enough copies). It´s just tedious clicking around to build states. A principle that works well when you are managing a soccer team or a wrestling company... when you play WreSpi or Comic book hero i personaly think whats missing is the story to your character, one could say you could come up with it yourself but by the way the game works there issent much room for imagination if you ask me. It would be nice if, besides the fighting, the game would have a "chose your own adventure" like story system based on your states and relationships + an editor to alowe editing to these so there could be an ever growing database of story lines.

I´ed not buy it again. I played it way to little and compared to other Indy games that entertained me a lot more the price is high. And i don´t think the lack of license mods is the problem here. I always loved plaing the cornelvers on TEW.