Haye vs. Klitschko

Baddar

Haye needs something drastic to win this now.

He needs a miracle punch. If he can someone do a Tiger Uppercut or a Falcon Punch he might have a chance.

Hayes has shown to be pretty terrible. Well, he is good at taking dives and fishing for cheap points though.

I wouldn't say he was taking dives, he is just throwing way too wildly, and with the reach and height advantage, any pressure from Klitschko on the head generally sees him go over. Is stupid, but I wouldn't say he is doing it willingly.

Fight over. Haye just didn't bring 'it'.

I think Haye just couldn't. All this talk from Haye had people believing Klitschko was nothing special, but the guy can move for a big man, and his jab is pretty awesome. Haye looked out of place, and just struggled with the height, reach and weight advantages that Klitschko had.

From a purely technical sense, it was a decent fight. Just shows how important a good jab is, Wladimir dictated the fight. Just interesting to see what the judges score it now.

Could have been a better fight though. Still for Haye a decision against Klitschko is a good achievement even if he didn't win considering the weight and height difference especially when fighting someone like Klitschko does make a difference unlike Valuev who really well despite being a giant is a shit boxer.

Hopefully get my UFC predictions on my accumulator right now as Klitschko was apart of that accumulator.

Edited by davidmarrio

I expected to see him swinging for his life in the last round. He didn't show the desperation. Surely he knew he had to take him down to get the W. Shame for Haye.

He would have just ended up doing what he did for most of the fight, launching punches from a couple of feet away that Wlad avoided with ease on the whole.

I wouldn't even make the argument of Haye being terrible though. Valuev won the World Title because he was big and was able to just muscle people about and stand behind his reach. Klitschko can do the same thing, but also has the ability to move and just generally do more. He isn't exciting to watch, but he is clearly hard to beat.

• Like 1

I wouldn't even make the argument of Haye being terrible though. Valuev won the World Title because he was big and was able to just muscle people about and stand behind his reach. Klitschko can do the same thing, but also has the ability to move and just generally do more. He isn't exciting to watch, but he is clearly hard to beat.

This.

With the skillset Klitchsko has it makes the physical difference more important.

Wasn't bad from Haye, just not enough in the end. The jab from Klitschko won him this fight and Haye just left it a little too late to really just go balls to the wall, because we all know he was never winning a decision here.

Nice to see the two shake hands at the end though and no hard feelings. I'm really hoping this doesn't turn out to be Hayes final fight, because love him or hate him, the guy is almost always exciting to watch.