NHL 12

Mr. X

"Alright, FINALLY they've made Sidney Crosby unhittable! Fuck realistic physics, I want that fairy dancing around checks like they didn't even happen. FUCK YEAH."

The new goalie stuff so far is just bumping the goalies. The new desperation stuff they've displayed is just the spread-eagles save that you can already do.

I think I read somewhere that they're putting in more suer control over the save animations. And it's not just the spread eagle one, there's one with the stick as well.

The lunging poke check? Can already do it. What I want is MANUAL control over all desperation saves. Particularly doing the splits and flailing a glove at the puck. That one is entirely environment-based at the moment. Plus, based on stats you should be able to chain so many desperation saves together (with applicable delays for the time to physically contort your body etc)

That's what I want and the former is what I *expect* from something called "dynamic goalies" - they've just announced nothing to this nature so far.

Oh, swatting it to the corner? That needs to be manual controlled - that'd be sweet. Maybe assigning it to normal poke check when there's a loose puck in front? Like, make it semi-automatic. I've only done it once, and that's when I got caught not pressing any buttons, and the AI took over.

• 1 month later...

Would you be shocked if I said it was basically just like last years? >_<

Just finished my second game in HUT and I'm not really blown away.

Edit: Beat Saint John in a SO, beat Van 1-0, and I am now 1-0 on Boston

Edit 2: Lost to Team USA in the finals :angry:

Do we get the bonus HUT packs in the full game for winning the tournament like last year?

Do we get the bonus HUT packs in the full game for winning the tournament like last year?

Yes. And there's some subtle differences. The animations seem to have been refreshed, and it's nigh-on impossible to knock down Chara with St. Louis, there seems to be a bigger emphasis on momentum and the size of the players. I'm liking the simming to shift option in BAP, although switching to a 2d text simulation sucks you out of it a bit.

Would you be shocked if I said it was basically just like last years? pinch.gif

Yes. And there's some subtle differences. The animations seem to have been refreshed, and it's nigh-on impossible to knock down Chara with St. Louis, there seems to be a bigger emphasis on momentum and the size of the players. I'm liking the simming to shift option in BAP, although switching to a 2d text simulation sucks you out of it a bit.

Ok, cool, I went back and won the tournament this time around. My top line of Perry-Stamkos-St Louis actually didn't do that much. In my game against Boston, Horton ended up getting a hat-trick (even if two of those goals were empty netters).

Yeah, I was a little disappointed. It's a little more crisp, but overall, I feel like I'm paying for just a new roster. Seems to be a little easier to knockdown some players like the sedins, while big guys are a lot harder to move.

I'm digging a lot of the little things they've done animation wise. Things like entering the bench through the door instead of hopping over, as well as the 'confusion' at the door if the whole line tries to get off at the same time. Feels like they`ve improved the fight system a bit, and I like how they`ve added the stick sweeping when you`re back-skating down the ice. Also, seeing computers shooting and ending up in scuffles after whistles make`s things a bit more interesting.

I just hope that skaters will have memories in this (in season/BAP, ect). For one example, say if A fought B in one game, further down the line in the season when the teams play again, A & B remember their history and perhaps fight again, or try and get at each other in other ways (slashes, late hits, ect).

One more hope is that they don't use the same Stanley Cup victory as they've used in the past, what, 2-3 games? I'm begging for a change when I take that home.

EDIT: Just had an undefeated HUT team after the 7 games before you run out of contracts on enough players to screw your team. Top six forwards were

T. Hall - S. Stamkos - J. Iginla

M. Grabner - R.N. Hopkins - N. Horton

My top two and only two noteworthy D were;

S. Brookbank (D) - C. Fowler (D) (both from the Ducks, so good chemistry)

In net was C. Desjardins, who after 7 games posted a 1.62 GAA and 92.2% SV. Pretty impressive for the rookie.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

I still don't dig that when you fight, there's nobody around, nobody on the bench, nothing. Seems a bit silly to me. I think the fighting in the game sucks. I also seemed to get in a lot more fights in the demo than 2011.

I was extremely happy with the improvements last year, the and year before, so I'm not sure how much they were really going to improve again, but I'm still a little disappointed.

I'm digging a lot of the little things they've done animation wise. Things like entering the bench through the door instead of hopping over, as well as the 'confusion' at the door if the whole line tries to get off at the same time. Feels like they`ve improved the fight system a bit, and I like how they`ve added the stick sweeping when you`re back-skating down the ice. Also, seeing computers shooting and ending up in scuffles after whistles make`s things a bit more interesting.

I just hope that skaters will have memories in this (in season/BAP, ect). For one example, say if A fought B in one game, further down the line in the season when the teams play again, A & B remember their history and perhaps fight again, or try and get at each other in other ways (slashes, late hits, ect).

One more hope is that they don't use the same Stanley Cup victory as they've used in the past, what, 2-3 games? I'm begging for a change when I take that home.

Pretty sure the shitty fight engine is identical to last year.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this not already out over there? Came out on Friday for us. I'm enjoying it a lot, although our EASHL team is struggling to score consistently and we either get constantly lumped with shitty AI goalies, or there's a bunch of times who've figured out cheese goals already.

Also, Ellis is a jerk and won't get this year's.

Nope, comes out Tuesday at 12am. I probably won't get a copy until Thursday or Friday though, unless I can get some early birthday money.

Dragsy, have you tried out HUT yet? If so, anything new that has caught your eye?