NHL 12

Mr. X

• 2 months later...

So, I was gonna update all the rosters with all of the moves from after the season and the draft, but I found out that this year's draft class is locked. You cannot make Yakupov an Oilers prospect. Killed my desire to keep with that, so I just used the latest roster update and will be doing a fantasy draft Be a GM.

Pretty stupid though, of them to lock the prospects. Or maybe smart, because now I'm more looking forward to NHL 13.

So....you can't make Yakupov an Oiler? What the hell? How does the game stop that?

And I am getting excited for 13...new skating system! I put $20 down...I can't wait to rebuild my HUT deck, and play as a power forward in BAP.

I was actually thinking about trying to get back into some games with AD und Dragsy, but my work schedule can be a pain in the ass so it may be a bit harder than it was in previous years.

Does anyone have some tips for me, I am trying to play Be a Pro but I am failing pretty miserably right now.

First I tried to play at Pro difficulty, I played a exhibition and ended up winning 12-1 with the Caps against the Hurricanes.

So I decided to start back up a BAP game and I decided to be a right handed Left Wing Sniper, because quite honestly... Who doesn't love to score goals?

And I decided to be an 18 year old player for the London Knights in the WHL, I like to play in the CHL first to get that true rookie to legend feeling.

Of course because Pro was too easy I decided to put the difficulty one notch higher (All-star?) because I dont want to end up beating the shit out of my opponents.

I am playing with auto aiming for shooting because I don't have the quickness and general Ice Hockey knowledge to plink it into the right spot everytime. But I can't score if my life depended on it, I can get some second hand assists here and there but scoring is nigh impossible for me.

I think I am getting into the right spots in front of the goal and trying to stretch the play out by staying wide and then cut inside for the pass but the goalie always manage to stop me. I can't park in front of the net either because then I will either get bullied away again or the defender lifts my stick causing the puck to get away from me.

I don't want to be deadly on Pro, but I atleast want to be capable of getting 1st line Sniper points on the current difficulty.

Anyone got some tips for me?

I think I had to mess about a fair bit with the sliders to get BAP to be any fun to play, check out the Operation Sports forums, there's some good stuff there.

As for EASHL, we've kind of cooled off a bit in recent months, I guess partly due to Ad's FIFA addiction. I'm definitely up for getting some more games in though if we can all get on at the same time.

I think that when we do get on EASHL, I should switch to LD since I am a right hander. Unless you are a right hander as well, then that point is fucking stupid unless I decide to just make my guy a lefty.

I think I had to mess about a fair bit with the sliders to get BAP to be any fun to play, check out the Operation Sports forums, there's some good stuff there.

As for EASHL, we've kind of cooled off a bit in recent months, I guess partly due to Ad's FIFA addiction. I'm definitely up for getting some more games in though if we can all get on at the same time.

Gonna check out Opsports for sure...

Also wondering, Seeing the average season is like 70 or so games. How do all of you play your BAP seasons? I recon that you guys don't play all 70 odd games right and sim a bunch of games too?

It takes me 30+ minutes to finish a single game on authentic, and to play a full season would simply take ages.

Any sim strategies seeing that if you sim too long that you get demoted? Like how many games can I sim before I need to play a game to reset the coach?