NHL 12

Mr. X

I told myself last year when I traded it in that I wouldn't get it again for awhile....I lied :shifty:

I am really interested in the new sim engine that they've put in for BAGM, so hopefully that mode is a little more fun to play....also looking forward to any Ultimate Team improvements.

NHL has been the only sports game that I've bought every year, because they've been adding new features and it's incredibly fun to play online.

I hope Be a GM includes hiring coaches, as I'd like to actually feel like a GM and not just a head coach with GM powers. HUT was a fun feature in 11 and I'm interested to see what they end up tweaking in the final release.

Really looking forward to the new goalie physics. Hopefully Ellis doesn't get this game though.

Luckily for you, there will only be two people playing with you in 12 to laugh their asses off at you for scoring a comical own goal.

Excited for the new goalie stuff. Would be nice to get some more players for the EASHL team, too.Hopefully they'll put some more customisation options in. I was hoping for a new commentary team this year but that#s not happening, at the very least they need to record a fuckton more dialogue.

The new goalie stuff so far is just bumping the goalies. The new desperation stuff they've displayed is just the spread-eagles save that you can already do.

It's really not just "bumping the goalies" though. They're now live characters, just the same as any other player on the team. Meaning that the way you set up or defend is going to have an effect on the goaltenders play. Creates a completely separate level of strategy.

In theory that sounds great, but in practice the NHL games have shit collision detection between players on the same team (the Madden games have them too - magnet physics, they call them), so I expect it to have a minimal effect.

You know what would sell me a new NHL game? If I can play the season/franchise mode but pick the number of games in a season. And I know someone's going to tell me that I can do that in the current one now and I'm just an idiot who can't find it.

You know what would sell me a new NHL game? If I can play the season/franchise mode but pick the number of games in a season. And I know someone's going to tell me that I can do that in the current one now and I'm just an idiot who can't find it.

I'm not too sure you can, but I agree. Playing all 82 games takes a long time :shifty:

I'm not too sure you can, but I agree. Playing all 82 games takes a long time :shifty:

It's worse in Be a Pro mode, I love that mode to death and every year try to drag myself though a career and end up simming games so my Coach calls me lazy.

Tell me something I don't already know. <_<

I'll be picking this up on release day. The new trade logic seems like a god send, and the new physics look to be fun.

And Vamp, you are not dumb. You cannot at this time edit the amount of games in a season. I like playing full seasons, but a lot of people would like to see them add the option to play a shortened season.

It's worse in Be a Pro mode, I love that mode to death and every year try to drag myself though a career and end up simming games so my Coach calls me lazy.

While you may not be able to edit the number of games, something is gonna be better with Be-A-Pro....you can skip ahead until your next shift, so you don't have to waste time watching your teammates.

• Like 1

Will you still lead your team with 35 minutes of ice time as the 3rd line centre though? :shifty:

I stopped playing Be A Pro because it's not even the All-Star break and I lead my team with 50 points.

As a defensemen.

A third pairing defensemen.

While you may not be able to edit the number of games, something is gonna be better with Be-A-Pro....you can skip ahead until your next shift, so you don't have to waste time watching your teammates.

Nice, I don't even care that they've borrowed this feature from the Madden and NCAA Be A Pro modes. This mean's that I can play 20min periods and have accurate shift times without the game taking forever or play the period length that I always do and get through the game 4 times as fast.

Score.