NHL 12

Mr. X

My Windsor spitfires are 15-4-1, and I've been seemingly a better passer on with the difficutly at All-Star. So far in 20 games, I've got 22 goals and 38 assists for a combined 60pts, as well as being +28. Almost time to bump it up to Superstar :shifty:

What difficulty do you guys play on?

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Do any of you model your be-a-pro character on a real player at all? I made mine a two-way forward for...well, I'm not sure, then gave him Corey Perry's physical stats, but now I have no idea which direction to go with the stat boosts. Any suggestions?

I usually base my player on myself, and stats and style on how I like to play. So, when I'm a d-man, I like to knock seven shades of shit out of little wingers, so it's all agility, strength and checking, and then a fucking missile of a slapshot on the rare occasion I want to help out on offense.

When I play goalie, I put the stats into where I'm weakest. So, if I'm always getting beaten high but I can handle anything that comes in low, then glove high and stick high get some love etc.

Wooooooo. Brampton somehow makes the playoffs and we get the 67s in the first round, which is theoretically great because we've wiped the floor with them but practically rubbish because they take us out in six games. Aaron Regan, two-way forward extraordinare, goes 30-47-77 over the season (68 games), with a judicious amount of simming but a solid handful of games played myself.

I'm liking this game. And the controls are becoming less horrible.

[Also, Chicago won the Stanley Cup over the Rangers in seven and Corey Crawford won the Conn Smythe. Grabovski led the Leafs with 66 points, but Kessel was really disappointing. 25 goals, 21 assists.]

I've still got another year to go. And ridiculously, my expectations of the season (which included stuff like 66 points) is to score ten goals, have 22 assists and 33 points.

And now (again with simming, I decided halfway through the first season I did just want to get to the NHL quick) I got drafted. 4th round to Carolina. Not bad, not great. Their top line for the preseason is Tlusty (81) - Staal (91) - Skinner (86), but I nudge the line viewer the wrong way and in goal? Ben Scrivens. Starting. I'm praying that's just because it's the preseason, because otherwise...ooh shit.