NHL 12

Mr. X

Just got the game. Team EWB will be better now.

EDIT: Lukas Krajicek is the best player in my intial hut pack.

EDIT 2: Opened my tournament champ pack and got Patrick Roy. I'll sell him to you Dragsy. shifty.gif

Edited by CM X

Step 1: Throw bodycheck on goalie, which should be a penalty.

yoLSo.jpg

Step 2: Throw bodycheck on player without puck, knocking him over boards, which should be a penalty.

wsfoy.jpg

Step 3: Glare at referee when you see him considering which penalties to give you.

7Zauw.jpg

Step 4: Go on with game because referee is afraid to penalize you.

• Like 6

So. Reached the end of the 2011/2012 season with the Maple Leafs, as is tradition when I buy a hockey game. Some interesting activities, particularly in the trade market. One annoying note - apparently, having two 'Great' relationships and two 'Good' don't count for the 'have four good relationships' task. Which is bullshit. Anyway.

1) Jonathan Bernier came through waivers. Luckily, this was early in the season, when we were 29th or so, so I went 'i'm having that' and snatched him up. Lost Gustavsson when he went on waivers, but Bernier for Gustavsson is a pretty nice deal.

2) Both Phaneuf and Liles were moved and both went for multi-pick packages. Liles for Winnipeg's 1st in 2011 and 2012 - they finished 11th this year, but for a player who cost a second, that's not half bad - and Phaneuf I think for the same thing, but from Los Angeles.

3) Picked up Karl Alzner through RFA to try to replace one of them. Cost me a second round pick, I'll have that.

4) I couldn't keep Nikolai Kulemin around. Tendered him a qualifying offer, but he wouldn't agree to anything, so I decided fuck it, and sent him with Winnipeg's 1st in 2012 to San Jose...for JOE FUCKING THORNTON. The Sharks were naturally cash-strapped and we had salary to burn, but fuck me that's a wonderful deal.

5) Drafted Martin Frk as our first pick, I think ninth overall, and because he dropped like a stone, grabbed Nail Yakupov at #39. I'll take that.

The lines as they stand look like this:

MacArthur - Thornton - Kessel

Connolly - Grabovski - Cal Clutterbuck

Kadri - Lombardi - Armstrong

Mueller - Marcus Johansson - Mike Brown

Alzner - Schenn

Franson - Aulie

Gunnarsson - Komisarek

Bernier - Reimer

Internets been cut for a few days or I'd probably have been posting sooner :shifty:

Finished my season with the Windsor Spitfires, and after our great start to the season (10+ game win streak), we managed to finish the season with a mediocre 37-25-6 record. That was good enough for a 2nd seed in the playoffs though. At the end of the season, I had 62 goals and 105 assists for 167 points, I was +46 and had 406 PIMS (I tend to fight :shifty:)

Into the playoffs we went. Defeated the Saginaw Spirit in the 1st round 4-1, the Owen Sound Attack in the 2nd round 4-1, and the Kitchener Rangers in the semifinals 4-1. Ended up in the finals with the Oshawa Generals and won the series 4-2 to win the OHL Championship. After 21 playoff games, I had 34 goals and 40 assists for 74 points, I was +29 and had 111 PIMS (still liked to fight :shifty:)

Memorial Cup time. In the round robin, I played the Drummondville Voltigeurs (3-0 shutout win), Shawinigan Cataractes (7-1 win), and the Swift Current Broncos (2-1 overtime win) before ending up with the Shawinigan Cataractes in the finals, who we went on to beat 5-2 to win the Memorial Cup.

After the great end to the season with the Spitfires, it was on to the draft. Surprise, I ended up going 1st pick in the 1st round. I was hoping my prayers would be answered and that I wouldn`t be drafted to Edmonton, and sure enough they were. Off to the Tampa Bay Lightning I go. Before the pre-season started, I was assured my spot on the team was secure, and I`m now playing 3rd line C between Joensuu and Downie. Competing with Stamkos should be interesting, haven`t played with Tampa in my previous BAPs so it should be pretty fun to see if I can earn 1st line C.

EDIT: After the first 7 games of the season, I've been moved up to the second line and I'm now playing between Ritola and Purcell. Tempted to bump my difficulty up to Superstar now, as in the first 7 games I've amounted 13pts (6g,7a).

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

I am weeping openly that I never had the chance to share your valuable time in this game. My life won't ever feel complete after the events of this day, and this hallow and empty feeling will remain with me until I die. Will that it be soon.

Question - were I to attempt a Be A Pro diary about a European, drafted highly in the Import Draft, who turns out to be an utter douchebag of infinite proportions to damn near everybody, is it plausible for him to be anything other than a sniper? Playmaker makes little sense because...he's a douchebag, and a selfish douchebag, and I could go power forward or two-way forward but I like the idea of him being shorter than Nathan Gerbe. I ask because, frankly, sod being a sniper, it's hard bloody work.