NHL 12

Mr. X

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is that when your loading your saved files, by chance?

If so, I was having the same issue and getting irritated. It would load up to 100% then the skater in the background would stop moving, it'd never load and I'd be forced to quit the game. Finally found out that it has something to do with being connected to PSN. Once I signed out of PSN, I was able to load the save with no issues, and haven't had a single freeze since (by signing out when playing BAP).

Pretty sure it has to do with either the most recent NHL12 update or the most recent PS update, but either way, it'll probably be fixed before long.

Edited by Mountainous Cleavage

• 2 weeks later...

Started a new game as Calgary, seeing if I can keep the team competitive while trading most of the big contracts away. I can't remember exactly what my trades were, but I moved out Iggy, Tanguay, Jokinen, Stajan, Bourque, Stempniak and Bouwmeester plus my first round pick in 2012, and I added Pietrangelo, Berglund, Bobby Ryan, Jordan Staal, Bergfors, and Bryan Bickell. I think I am forgetting someone. My line up looks like...

Backlund / Staal / Ryan

Glencross / Berglund / Bergfors

Bickell / Morrison / Comeau

Ivanans / Moss / Jackman

Pietrangelo / Hannan

Butler / Giordano

Sarich / Babchuk

Kipprusoff / Karlsson

So far I am 5-1. Kipper has played out of his mind, but I've gotten good production from my top two lines. Backlund has surprised, and Pietrangelo is playing at a point per game pace. I also have a ton of cap space after the season with Hannan, Sarich, Babchuk, Morrison and more all becoming UFAs. I almost want to skip to the end of the season to see how much younger and better I can make this team.

I also peaked an interest in starting up a BAGM, albeit not taking it completely serious. Decided to go with Operation: Save Columbus (or, after now seeing what I've done, fail miserably :shifty: I was half asleep while doing all of this one night).

I put way too much thought into the rookie draft, and decided that the future of Columbus is going to be big - in size that is. My defense corps came first.

I drafted Sergej Malevich, a 6'4" 207lbs D, as well as Viktor Svedburg, who I deem to be the next Chara, coming in at a chart-rocking 6'8", 224lbs. Not quite sure yet if I'll have the two paired up, or one on each D pair. I also drafted Reto Schappi, a 6'4" 205lbs Center, and his wingmen will be Daniel Zweep (LW, 6'4" 227lbs) and Nick Czinder (RW, 6'5" 240ish lbs). Others of note that I grabbed are Benjamin Bassen (D, 6'5" 209lbs), and Jonas Gunnarson (G, 6'1", 192lbs) who I don't expect to be anything too special but his name is a Leafs players name combo, so bonus points.

I had my eye on a few guys as well that ended up getting drafted elsewhere, but I managed to swindle a trade for a few of them for either a 6th or 7th round pick or someone meaningless to me on the roster. Jonathan Lessard (LW) and Pierre-Oliver Morin (LW) came from Chicago and Nashville respectively, and they're both smaller and speedy players than the rest of the guys I drafted. Also smaller is Steve Kuhn © who came from Philly. Also got another RW, 6'6" 249lbs Ronnie McQuaid, who came from LA. Managed to get a trade for the D partner of 6'5" Bassen, and that is Brodie Melnychuk (6'4" 196lbs) who came from Calgary.

With the future looking big (:shifty:), I then turned my attention to reshaping the current team. I had the odd idea in my head before I started the game to try and set up a Grabovki/Kulemin/Zherdev line if I could swing it somehow. Well, for some reason I cannot find Zherdev in the league (at least yet), but I did manage to make a couple trades with Toronto. Traded my 2013 2nd round pick and Kristian Huselius to TOR for Mikhail Grabovski, and my 2012 & 2014 2nd round picks as well as Antoine Vermette to TOR for Nikolai Kulemin. Looking at that now, palm-face a bit, but meh, let's work with it.

Next came a deal with the Rangers. Heading out to NY City is Fedor Tyutin, and 2012 & 2013 1st round picks. Coming back to Columbus, Marian freakin' Gaborik.

Coming up next, a deal with Nashville. Weber, you say? The bastards wouldn't let him go. Next best bet, Suter is coming to Columbus. Off to Nashville is Derick Brassard, a 2013 3rd round pick (and I think 2014 as well), and someone else I can't remember. Final trade I made thus far, until I find Zherdev at least, was with Philly. LW Alexandre Giroux, a 2014 3rd round pick and a 2015 2nd round pick went to Philly for C Brayden Schenn.

My current lines are as follows, with Gaborik and Nash occasionally switching:

R.J. Umberger - J. Carter - M. Gaborik

N. Kulemin - M. Grabovski - R. Nash

M. Calvert - V. Prospal - D. Dorsett

C. Gillies - S. Pahlsson - J.Boll

R. Suter - N. Nikitin

M. Methot - J. Wisniewski

G. Clitsome - A. Johnson

(G) Tukka Rask - C. Sanford (Backup)

I've officially fucked up Columbus for the next 3/4 years or so. (Y) I look forward to seeing how my big-body rookie setup works out though.

EDIT: Just traded Steve Mason & a 1st rounder for Tukka Rask.

Thats pretty funny. With Columbus, I was unsure how to start, so I switched to Calgary. I'd probably have moved Carter, Huselius, Umberger and Wisniewski, and tried to bring in some younger defencemen like a Bogosian, E. Johnson, or Pietrangelo.

With the future looking big (:shifty:), I then turned my attention to reshaping the current team. I had the odd idea in my head before I started the game to try and set up a Grabovki/Kulemin/Zherdev line if I could swing it somehow. Well, for some reason I cannot find Zherdev in the league (at least yet)

Zherdev has been with HK Atlant in KHL so he might be in free agents or in Philly somewhere.

Whats the Trick to Trading ive tried everything but unless im on the Losing end it never works

The system is set up so that a players best attributes determine whether he's an offensive, defensive, or athletic player. This leads to guys who are both mediocre skill wise and guys who are world class all rounders being classed as athletic players, which means a team full of useless scrubs will turn down your gamebreaking power forward because it would increase their athletic surplus.

It's a dumb system and it makes it almost impossible to make trades work. Use the trade block feature and try trading on deadline or draft day, the computer is a bit less stringent then.

The trading system is pretty dumb. I traded Josh Harding and Nicolas Bergfors for Johnathon Bernier and Willie Mitchell. Computer laughed at me and I ended up winning the Cup since Mitchell helped on the blueline. Now Bernier is my starter and Harding is backing up somewhere.

Then the next season I traded Dany Heatley for Dave Bolland, Brian Bickell and a draft pick. Again computer thought they were ripping me off...I made the conference finals then won the Cup the next year.

Stupid buggers.

Edited by Clawson

My Goalie BAP is rage-inducing at times, but great fun at others. Probably something to do with playing on Superstar. :shifty:

Just finally finished my 2nd NHL season after being drafted 1st overall by Edmonton in the NHL entry draft the year before. Just a note, I hate playing for Edmonton. :shifty:

In my rookie season (2011/2012), I started in 12 games in the AHL with 5 wins, 7 losses and 1 shutout, and posted a 2.04 GAA & .897 Save %.

I was then called up to the NHL for what I was assuming was a tryout, however I ended up becoming the backup to Dubnyk and by the end of the season, I had given him a good run for his starting job.

Same rookie season (2011/2012) but in the NHL, I started in 16 games (played 20 overall) with 9 wins, 7 losses and 2 shutouts, and posted a hefty 1.98 GAA & .901 Save %

(Of Note: Dubnyk finished the season with 53GP, 26 wins, 21 losses, 2 shutouts, and had a 3.06 GAA & .895 Save %)

The 2012/2013 season (the one I just finished) came around and after the preseason games, Dubnyk and myself found ourselves in a battle for the starting goalie spot. Throughout the whole season, we continued to split the games nearly evenly, with me getting a few in a row then him getting a few. By the end of the season, it came down to Dubnyk with 41GP (36 started) and myself with 45GP (42 started), so I ended up slightly edging him for the '#1 Goalie' :shifty:.

Despite the whole team playing like utter shit infront of us for what felt like eternity, I still somehow managed to come out looking great stat-wise. Dubnyk, on the other hand, wasn't so lucky.

We (Edmonton) finished in 14th place in the West, with a record of 36-41-5 and needing a telescope to see the playoff picture. Taylor Hall led the team in goals & points with 28 & 60 respectively, Hemsky led in assists with 39, and Gagner, Eberle & Hemsky all finished with 50 points or more. Nearly everyone on the team was in the - with +/-, except for Colten Teubert who was somehow +11 through that mess of a season, playing all 82 games. Next highest + was Andrew Cogliano at +3. 2 seasons in, and the Nuge hasn't even been brought up yet.

Toronto made the playoffs though! Unfortunately, they were swiftly knocked out of the first round by Washington :( . The finals ended up to be, to my and probably everyone's surprise, Carolina vs Columbus~! And it goes to Game 7~! zOMG Carolina wins the cup~! Onto the retiring players, big names to note; Datsyuk :(, Selanne, Gonchar, Lidstrom, Timonen, Modano, J.S. Gigure.

2012/2013 season: I started in 42 games (played 45 overall) with 21 wins, 21 losses, 1 shutout, and posted an amazing 1.81 GAA & .910 Save %.

(Dubnyk had an unfortunate year, 36 games started (41 played overall) with 14 wins, 22 losses, 1 shutout and posted a mediocre 3.31 GAA & .886 Save %.)

(After the playoffs, the GM told me I was in the Top 5 Contenders for the Calder Memorial Trophy. Didn't win it though despite my efforts :crying: )

I now head into the 2013/2014 season, and my 3rd and final year on my Oilers contract. Unless things turn around drastically, I plan on moving on out of Edmonton as soon as my contracts up. Where I'm headed is beyond me, but anywheres gotta be better than here. :shifty: It seemed the Oilers had trouble signing Taylor Hall and Gilbert Brule, as it took them 2 months to negotiate a contract with both and both of them signed 1 year deals. They may be heading out next year as well. I noticed in the off-season, the Oilers signed Jason Labarbera (another G, 82OVR). Looks like I may have some competition next year in the crease.

EDIT: 2 games into the season, and we're 0-1-1. Edmonton says they're happy to sign Karri Ramo (G, 79 OVR), and says it may impact my role on the team. Looks like they're prepared for me to leave. :shifty:

• 1 month later...

Just entering my 5th season in Minnesota. Have made the conference finals all 4 years and have won the Cup twice.

Lines look like this:

James Neal-Mikko Koivu-Phil Kessel

P.M. Bouchard-Dave Bolland-Devon Setoguchi

Curtis Glencross-Mikael Granlund-Guillame Latendresse

Brett Bulmer-Zach Phillips-Greg Neismz

Paul Bissonette-Joel Fontaine

Jeff Schultz-Nick Schultz

Marco Scandella-Marc Methot

Jonas Brodin-Justin Falk

Jared Spurgeon

Johnathon Bernier

Matt Hackett

We score a lot of goals. :wub:

• 1 month later...

So I finally started my Flames franchise. Mostly played HUT until the trade deadline.

I figured I would start a rebuild of the team, seeing as we didn't make the playoffs in real life. So I put my top 3 contracts on the trading block to see what offers would come in. I didn't expect anything major, but in week 3 of the regular season, the Islanders offered me Mark Streit for Jay Bouwmeester and Raitis Ivanans. Accepted.

Streit has the same benefits of Bouwmeester, though his potential isn't as high. But he also hits and plays a gritty game, something which Jay-Bo only seems to do when it's inappropriate and costs us a penalty. I didn't have any plans to use Ivanans anyways, so I thought it was a no-brainer. So far, in 3 games with the team, Streit is fitting in perfectly on my top pairing with Mark Giordano.

These are the kinds of moves I'd like to see Jay Feaster make in the off-season. Move a high salary/high potential player who's not delivering, for a proven player with a lower salary, who's capable of providing the same, if not better, return than we got from the player we move.