2011/2012 UEFA Champions League

Starvinho

What a weird couple of minutes, Berbatov levels the game with a header, then a De Gea kick could and probably should have resulted in Ashley Young putting Utd 2-1 ahead but the keeper makes a decent save before Benfica go up the other end and now De Gea makes a decent stop to deny Aimar.

Potential bets I was going to put on tonight but didn't:

Balotelli to score and Berbatov to score (6/1) - just happened.

Real Madrid over 3.5

Bayern over 2.5

Birmingham to win

Basel to win

EDIT: Oh yeah, some others:

Napoli/Man City x Man Utd/Benfica x Trabzonspor/Inter - both team to score

What I ended up going with?

Man Utd x Man City x Cardiff to win.

Still, long way to go. But I'd have won some of my bets already if I'd gone with some choice.

Edited by IAceI

Decent header but has done little else to be honest.

Young had a free kick, 25 yards out but very central so with a couple of short passes the ball ended up with Nani on the left, who cut inside and put in a good cross with his right foot and Berbatov drifted inbetween the centre backs to flick the ball on into the far corner of the net. Goalkeeper no chance.

The announcers here are saying Berbatov was offside, just barely. I didn't see the replay, so I can't say for sure.

EDIT: Just saw a replay, and Berbatov and another Utd. player were offside. Very, very slightly, but he was offside. It's one of those offsides that are extremely hard to see.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

Berbatov has actually been fantastic any time he's had the ball. The problem has been him not seeing enough of it, which eventually led to him dropping back a little bit to try to receive the ball more. Took his goal brilliantly and has had some awesome touches, also set up Young, who probably should of put us in the lead. Overall he's been great so far, we just need to give him the ball more.

Worrying start but we finally came back into it once we got the goal. Think Giggs and Hernandez could be seen at some point if we're not winning.

Boo. Was considering laying the bet and sticking it on Man Utd at 11/10 as Man City seem to have ballsed it up but too late now. EDIT: Maybe not then. :shifty:

Is it not Aguero time yet in Naples? Think of it. The connection to Maradona and how it would be great if he scored two goals for City and won it, especially now Cardiff are in the lead as well. No? Let Silva just keep spaffing it onto the running track then.

Edited by IAceI