Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

TKz

• 3 weeks later...

Having bought and played both, I vastly enjoy Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer and style of play more than Battlefield 3's. Then again, to be completely fair, I think the games are so far apart in play style that a comparison of them simply isn't fair.

Or maybe I'm just saying this because I feel like the learning/skill curve on BF3 is too steep given that if I'm playing certain game modes, it consists of me walking around the map for a good 5 to 7 minutes before being capped by a high level enemy with a bunch of goodies attached to a weapon while I'm stuck with something that is comparatively shit. (AKA, I apparently suck at BF3 and feel little to no motivation to play it long enough to be able to get "better").

Also, for anyone on PSN that enjoys Kill Confirmed, I'm TwistdFate if anyone ever wants to play a few rounds.

So, when you rescue the Russian President, is everyone meant to stand around as the helicopter lands, and then proceed to stand around for ages afterwards not doing anything?

No? Okay, so my game is broken.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm a Mouse and Keyboard snob, and I'm tired of the increasingly boring gameplay of COD4 (Playing as long as I have, I've unlocked everything worth unlocking.) Is MW3 worth it on PC yet? Are the mod tools to fix issues with field of view and what not, and if not, how alive is Blackops in the PC world? I've heard a good portion of it's issues are resolved through patches and modifications via ini file changes (Note: these aren't hacks, they're fixes for field of view and other stuff related to basic PC function.)

So, I'm a Mouse and Keyboard snob, and I'm tired of the increasingly boring gameplay of COD4 (Playing as long as I have, I've unlocked everything worth unlocking.) Is MW3 worth it on PC yet? Are the mod tools to fix issues with field of view and what not, and if not, how alive is Blackops in the PC world? I've heard a good portion of it's issues are resolved through patches and modifications via ini file changes (Note: these aren't hacks, they're fixes for field of view and other stuff related to basic PC function.)

I think I remember TotalBiscuit mentioning that Field of View has been fixed in MW3 by some kind of mod. I liked it and it took about 3 months before I was tired of it, which is a lot longer than Black Ops (which I didn't like). If you've still been playing COD4, you'll probably enjoy it. It's the fun of MW2 with a few less really shitty killstreaks.

I ended up picking it up. Not particularly disappointed, but not impeccably impressed either. About what I expected. It'll be a good time eater when I can't devote much time to anything in particular, which is what I wanted.

So far I'm finding the throwing knife the most enjoyable lethal thrown. I don't know why, I guess I just find it a tad classier than grenade spam (H)