Football Manager 2012

Lineker

See, I thought he had another year on his contract which would pretty much kill Portsmouth in League 1, but if his contract is expiring at the end of the season then they'll only be marginally doomed completely.

See, this is why you don't pay big money for a Jew. In any other situation you'd have been able to offload him to an Arab club for free with them matching his contract <_<

I noticed my assistant manager Jim Magilton was on a higher wage than me. So I asked the board to give me a new contract, after all, I have won them two MLS Cups, the Supporters Shield, a Canadian Championship and we're still in the CONCACAF Champions League, drawn against FC Dallas in the Quarter Finals, which will give me hope of making at least the semis.

They agreed and raised my wages from $1,200 to $10,000. :lmao:

Will he not renegotiate his contract? Managed to reduce Plymouth's wage total by a third by renegotiating contracts.

I've tried to renegotiate Ben Haim, Ashdown's and Benjani's contracts but the lowest they will go is 130 quid and I cannot afford to pay them more than 90 quid a week. Although I did renegotiate two youngsters who have been in the squad all season down to 80-90 quid a week from 400 quid a week. Basically I just need to finish as high as I can, get some money in and hopefully be able to actually maybe sign some people in or get some on loan next season because I cannot see a takeover happening anytime soon.

And my assistant is on more money then me as well as I am on 90 quid a week with Pompey, doesn't help when you get fined 100 quid by the FA meaning I'm not going to get any money for a week :(

And my assistant is on more money then me as well as I am on 90 quid a week with Pompey, doesn't help when you get fined 100 quid by the FA meaning I'm not going to get any money for a week :(

No chance of a super raise for you!

I've now signed a contract until 2017, which is three more years. I can't remember staying at a club longer than three or four seasons on FM before.

I finished 13th in the end which I am happy with considering the team started to die in the final few months, would have been in the playoffs if I didn't have 10 points took off as well.

Second season I'm not expecting to finish 13th again though, with Ben Haim, Benjani, Etuhu and Carl Walshe leaving on free transfers, my squad is looking a hell of a lot weaker especially as a few players have deteriated in terms of ability due to old age. I can't afford to bring anyone in on loan so i'm trying to get Elliot Wade, Paul Quinn and Eddie Johnson in on free transfers cause they want fuck all in terms of wages. I could sell Huseklepp and try to bring money in but he's my best player and if I sell to bring in worse players that will fill the squad then I'm definitely not going to get any higher.

I've been asked press conferences about whether Fabian Delph is looking to move away from the club WEEK after WEEK after WEEK since I took over at Aston Villa...and not once during that time has he asked to move away, or had an unhappy/concerned status, or in fact done anything to suggest that there's anything to these journalists' questions.

Why must they keep pestering me? :/

And after a few long years with no competitions, I've finally got Peru into the world cup of 2018. Honestly, the team isn't good enough to progress past the group stages (which are still to be drawn) but it's just nice to have that few years I've spent there after my stint in the Croations division pay off. Hopefully a solid enough run can land me a good job, because I'm still getting offers from League 1 teams and the odd Championship team. I'm looking to move on after the finals anyway, so hopefully something good springs up. I'm definitely looking forward to getting back to club management, but the international has been an experience. Bring on the World Cup and all that.

And after a few long years with no competitions, I've finally got Peru into the world cup of 2018. Honestly, the team isn't good enough to progress past the group stages (which are still to be drawn) but it's just nice to have that few years I've spent there after my stint in the Croations division pay off. Hopefully a solid enough run can land me a good job, because I'm still getting offers from League 1 teams and the odd Championship team. I'm looking to move on after the finals anyway, so hopefully something good springs up. I'm definitely looking forward to getting back to club management, but the international has been an experience. Bring on the World Cup and all that.

If you had King William, you'd walk it.

Gone back to my Wigan game and am now in my third season, finished 5th first season and 6th last season. I underestimated the task of bringing Wigan to the top, the gap between me and the top is so big it'll take at least 6 years or so. Oh well, challenge accepted :pervert:

I've been asked press conferences about whether Fabian Delph is looking to move away from the club WEEK after WEEK after WEEK since I took over at Aston Villa...and not once during that time has he asked to move away, or had an unhappy/concerned status, or in fact done anything to suggest that there's anything to these journalists' questions.

This is why I always let the assistant do the talking.

Started a season as Stoke City, just for the challenge. Signed Amr Zaki and Greitar Steinsson, as well as Guti on a free transfer, and sold off Kenwyne Jones, making a net profit from that. Made a steady start to the season; 4 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses leaving me in sixth. My losses came against City and Chelsea, with the latter being a 5-3 thriller in which I committed 25 fouls.

In Europa League news, I'm sitting pretty at the top of my group ahead of Celtic, Braga and Westerlo. Won at home to Westerlo, and then followed it up with a 2-0 win at Celtic Park.

Gone back to my Wigan game and am now in my third season, finished 5th first season and 6th last season. I underestimated the task of bringing Wigan to the top, the gap between me and the top is so big it'll take at least 6 years or so. Oh well, challenge accepted :pervert:

This is why I always let the assistant do the talking.

CHEAT~!

It took me an early Europa League exit and a thrashing from Ajax as ADO Den Haag to make me aware that the Eredivisie is a silly league. I went crawling back to my comfort zone in England, decided to give Blackburn a try. It has been exciting! I've so far beaten Newcastle 3-0, Bolton 3-2 having been 2-0 down with Radosav Petrovic scoring a screamer of a winner, lost 3-2 to Wigan with three goals in the opening ten minutes, and got thumped 5-2 by Sunderland (!) despite Lomano Lua Lua, who I signed on a free, scoring a cracker. There has also been a boring win over Wolves and a boring defeat to Chelsea. And a boring League Cup exit at Barnsley in which I fielded my reserves.

In other news, Lomano LuaLua is wonderful. He reacts to anything other than constant praise by going off in a sulk, but he's so great. on the pitch I rarely have to criticise him. Every match he seems to pick up the ball, barge past about seven players and then fizz off a shot or a cross that always finds the target.

Was really happy to get Peru out of the group stages in the World Cup, getting 5 points and not losing a game (including a draw against Spain). I did better than Tony Mowbray's England, who crashed out in the group stages and now find themselves 16th in the world. I got Cameroon in the first knockout stage, but went out in extra time when they scored in the 120th minute. Either way, it was seen as quite a big achievement and Peru jumped up 17 spots in the rankings.

But I always decided to resign, always wanted to go back to club managing. So I found myself getting offered the Standard job in Belgium with a healthy budget to rebuild the squad they kind of sold a bunch of. Only problem was I got the job right before the start of the season, so haven't had a huge oppertunity to bring people in. 4 points from 6 is a decent start, though. Hopefully I can be successful here and start getting offers from higher places in Europe within a few years. I'm in 2018 now - it's pretty fun.

Nothing beats "The 2"

:wub:

My Bielsa style 4231 is serving me well, though I am considering dropping the AMC to DMC to make it full on Bilbao.