Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Cedric Bakambu got about forty in his first season for me when I was a couple years into my Ipswich game in the Premier League on FM11. But lately, Podolski racked up 31 in 28 games in my Koln save and Olic got 27 in 23 the year after.

I'm starting to think the FA is conspiring against me in this game. Practically every time I lose by 1, either one of their boys scored after handling the ball or being offside and the refs didn't call it, or a goal on my side was disallowed by offside.

FA haven't punished me yet, because they know what they've done. <_<

Coming up to the pointiest time of the season in my quest to remain in the Champions League. Top two play CL football, and after that it is Europa League stuff. Not where I want to be.

Screenshot2012-06-30at105107PM.png

The title is still a slight possibility, but six points in seven games could be too far. Our next week is going to be a fucking balltearer.

vs. Ajax @ Amsterdam Arena

vs. Porto @ De Kuip

We've won our last five against Ajax including a 7-0 thrashing earlier in the year, but they are a far better team than that now. We managed to salvage a 1-1 draw away at Porto in the first leg of the knock out round, but it'll be very tough.

The good news is that after the Ajax match, we don't play a top six side again for the rest of the season and don't have to worry about the KNVB Beker after being shocked by De Graafschap in the fourth round.

Michael Owen is new Wigan manager! Apparently he has has a failed spell at Hull too, and got them relegated from the EPL.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is Wigan manager in my game after spending a season as youth coach alongside Steven Gerrard for Jamie Carragher's West Brom. Meanwhile Samuel Eto'o is Liverpool manager after a spell at Swansea. Thought those were brilliant

Nerve racking match against championship side QPR to get into the final of the FA Cup. Still on target for a four-trophy season although Arsenal will be my opponents in the final, but with Jelavic on form along with Cavani and Torres, should be able to claim it. Now to see if I can hold off United with 5 games to go and 5 points ahead.

This is definitely not the time I need Cech to be getting injuries!

Since then Ajax have fallen away, and PSV have won six on the trot. We drew 0-0 at Amsterdam, and have won our past five. We got past Porto 3-1 on aggregate and then were caned 1-8 by Bayern Munich.

Screenshot2012-07-01at123640PM.png

Well I feel dirty - I have to support Ajax. Comes down to the last fixture: we play 12th placed Roda JC away in a match we should win. We need PSV to either lose or draw away at Ajax, though, just days after they play Ajax at De Kuip in the KNVB Cup final. Hopefully some of our local fans can hamstring a few of their players.

If we can't win this, I might seek a job in Germany or something. If we do, I have some thinking to do.

So I had a New Year's Eve match against Stoke. James Vaughn scores right off the bat, and then literally nothing happens until the 90th minute when usually reliable Daniel Ayala puts the ball in the wrong net.

So James is all "Don't worry boss, I got this" and right before the final whistle manages to score again. :lol:

Still at 19th though, but at least we're not Wigan, who set a new record for consecutive games without a win, and on the same fixture as my win over Stoke, gave up seven goals to Arsenal (who were 17th at one point in December). Plus my free agent signing Guti (who has amazing playmaking skills) can play in league matches now.

Robbie Blake seems to have found his better form at 35 playing for Gold Coast United.

Harry Kewell was a dirty twat in the last match, how he never got sent off or even a card in that match is beyond me. Scored a good free kick and penalty passed our keeper, until Blake decided fuck it and won us the game 3-2.

So far two wins in seven games. But I have only lost one and drawn the rest, so I do not mind. We aren't expected to win the league anyway.

Eric Hassli is now eligible for Canada. Totally will be called up to face Trinidad and Tobago in August.