Football Manager 2012

Lineker

That right there is what you call domination.

• Like 1

Restarting my Barca campaign and I rebooked the DON'S FLOUR CO. WORLD TROPHY with Arsenal this time and two scrub spanish sides. The Arsenal match will be REALLY interesting because I'm selling Keita and Abidal to them, so they could be walking into Camp Nou wearing Arsenal kits in a friendly trophy tournament.

I really wish I had the motivation to write my Barca diary idea, cause this would be a neat start-off point.

The extremely hilarious part so far, to me, is the fact I have Pinto on the transfer market for $2(after a lot of save/reloading to reduce the price in hopes of getting buyers) and no one wants him because his salary is too high. Imagine being Pinto and having that headline on the Barca papers "TWO DOLLARS IS TOO MUCH TO PAY FOR PINTO"

Edited by Whtie Dolphin

Epic. Won the quad in my first season as Chelsea and it's tempted me to stay on for a bit longer to transform the team from Lampard, Cole, Terry and Kalou into a team that can sustain this kind of success. Never had such a successful season before, Torres finished on 49 goals for the season, Cavani, Kalou, Hazard, Mata, Jelavic and Lampard all popped in about 10 each over the course of the season too. Hopefully by January, Torres will be able to clinch the Ballon d'Or and the Player of the Year award, because he's been amazing for me.

Got 80m to spend (raised about 16m from selling Meireles, Essien, Stockdale, Rasmus Elm, Van Aanholt and Milan Lakovic.) and already brought in five under 19's who are 3 1/2 to 4 star potential, just need to get Thiago Silva (or an equally awesome CB) to replace Terry and I should be good to go.

Douchebag media asked nothing but money related questions when I signed Iker Muniain. Its not like he's, yknow, a 3 1/2 star potential guy going onto the best team in the world or anything. >_>

I have a transfer budget of zero right now, yet the media keeps making up stories that I want to buy new players and asking me about my non-existent interests. And it's almost always BBC Radio 5...

I think I've mastered my obsession of not having older players. The oldest player in my squad is now 26!

I can thank Man City and Man Utd for that. When all my world class players hit 29/30 I just offer them out for stupid amounts of money and they always come in. I then replace them for half the cost and start over again. They've paid me a combined £178mil for Di Maria, Gotze, Rodriquez (Man City) M'Villa and Rafael Toloi (Man Utd) . That's a lot of money for 29 year olds.

So in my formerly-diary game I quit the England job and waited a few months for a nice Italian job to come up. The first one on offer was Lazio but since I was seeing a tonne of "Inter/Milan/Juve/Roma/etc. manager needs a win" messages every week, I figured I could hold out for a better job (with more than a measly £7.5m transfer fund). I want to notch off a few of those "win the league in X country" achievements, you see.

And so, as of December 1st 2018, I am now the Juventus boss. I replace Didier Deschamps, who had only been at the club a year himself. The club hasn't won anything of value during the entire FM11 progression besides one Italian Cup (2012) and one Italian Super Cup (2013). We are currently 12th in Serie A with 13/38 games played, and I will have £30.5 million to splash in January, should I wish to do so.

This will be the first time I've had a serious bash at managing in Italy since my CM99-00 Roma game! :w00t:

(Edit: Just discovered that I have a 32 year old Yohan Cabaye in my squad - nice.)

That moment when your cheapskate board refuses to let you pay for that overpowered prospect in monthly installments because they are penny-pinching assholes.

Funny thing was that the prospects agent was the perfect agent for what I needed: Very low agent fee and 18 patience, whcih I needed cause the board stonewalled my salary offers.

BARCA BOARD, Y U NO CARE ABOUT FUTURE TEAM SUCCESS?

Turns out £30.5 million is meaningless when no player rated more than 2.5 stars will even give your club a second look. :/

Eh. My target is Europa qualification (aka 6th, currently 5 points away), which I should be able to manage without new players provided my regen striker stops missing barn doors.

Heh, from the looks of this game I've got against Real Madrid, if I left everything up to my assistant's advice, my team of backups would have a striker, 2 attacking midfielders, 2 wingers, an advanced playmaker CM with the attack duty, and two fullbacks with the attack duty. thats 8 players attacking and 2+GK defending. With my backups. Against Real Madrid. In their stadium.

This is going to end so very, VERY badly.

And as it turns out, it didn't. Lost the first game 1-0 because my custom keeper made 5-6 stupendous stops, including a great one off a FUCKING LASER BEAM from Mesut Osil that would've been a goal in any other universe.

Spotted Real a 1-0 lead in the first 2 minutes after some truly apalling set piece defense, but then got one back in the 13th minute using a Jap sideback. It was a strange goal, becuase he was at a 25 degree angle to the net and Casillas was positioned like he was expecting a cross, but even so, he should've stopped it, but he didnt, and right then I was like "Yep, I'm winning this bitch." Messi PK, Iniesta goal, 3-1 win, 3-2 on aggregate, like a boss.

Starting the season, and got the traditional weak ECC draw. Provided I don't have to do something like play Chelsea or Juventus using my backups, I could win every conceivable cup.

World Cup 2014 is over and I managed to get Ireland to the last 16, England to the quarter finals where I lost to Netherlands, and I won it in the end with Netherlands. I retired my Irish manager 'cos I doubt I'll be able to take them any further, and stepped down from Holland with my Dutch manager, but now the World Cup winning manager can't find a job!

YES THIAGO SILVA ACQUIRED! Failed his first medical but got him now, and he's an absolutely stupendous replacement for John Terry. Starting 11 for the new season looks pretty damn awesome despite only buying one player to slot in right away, the other 5 are all under 18 and should be good for cups and friendlies.

4-2-3-1: Cech, J.Robinson, T.Silva, J.Terry(or Jagielka, havent decided yet), Maxi Pereira, Ramires, Lampard, Mata, Hazard, Cavani, Torres.

Subs: Courtois, Cole, Jagielka, Luiz, Malouda, Kalou, Jelavic.

Got two quality RB's coming through as well, so this may be Maxi's last season for us. Sold Ivanovic to Sevilla for 4.5m, so that wasn't too shabby. Last year was probably Lampards last as a starting 11 regular, got a chap called Lachaab who scored two absolutely stonking goals for me last year as a sub in the league, both vital winning goals too and he's only 15. So this season I think Hazard will take the CM role from Lampard when needed and Kalou will come on at either LAM or CAM, depending where I need Mata. I wish there was room for Kalou in my starting line up since he, almost single handedly, guided Ivory Coast to the semi-final of World Cup 2014, defeating Brazil, France (Euro 2012 winners), before succumbing to the might of Russia in the semi-finals. Lost to Germany in the third place playoffs but quite the achievement for a side lacking Drogba, Yaya Toure and losing Gervinho in the Brazil game to injury.

Can't complain though, Cavani managed to get the golden boot by equalling Messi's 6 goals and 1 assist by appearing in one less match. What a guy.