Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Weird thing happened in my game yesterday. Got a highlight where Ashley Cole took a throw-in and lobbed it harmlessly towards the opposition goalkeeper in a typical "have the ball back" kind of way. Ben Foster strolls over to pick it up just on the edge of his area (next to the byline)...and then seems to stumble forwards across the line as he collects it. The referee immediately awards a freekick for handball outside of the box and shows Foster a straight red!

Madness.

Interestingly enough my computer runs FM2011 which has the same video card requirement, which You Can Play This fails me on my video card. So it will probably run anyway.

I never use 3D. Well, I lie. I tried it out once or twice and it worked okay, just took some time to load. The game runs fine with the classic match engine, I assume FM2012 will work fine too.

Anyone know what the lowest ranking league is in the demo?

Dull as it may be, the Scottish Third Division.

The lowest 'top division' of the nations available is, also unsurprisingly, the Hyundai A-League in Australia.

However, if you just want something obscure, one of the many Norwegian Second Division or Swedish Second Division groups has to be good for a laugh. :shifty:

("Screw the Second Division WG! Second Division NS all the way!" etc.)

I've decided that when the game comes out, I want to try something new. I'm going to create an entirely empty team, replace the lowest English team that plays regular football, and just play as them for as long as time will allow. EWB, I leave this up to you - how much money would be acceptable to begin with in order to create a team, but not make a first year promotion basically guaranteed?

If you're going to be in the Conference North or South, then it's pretty easy to build yourself a good team just with free transfers. What'll restrict you most is the wage budget, so I'd look at the teams around you and judge how high you want it to be. If you're using the editor you can set the size of your stadium and that's what'll really affect your dynasty most in the long term.

When I've done a similar thing in old versions I've given myself a tiny stadium and small wage budget to start with (as in - smallest 2/3 in the division) but with a massive potential for improvement. I don't mind the restrictions meaning I spend a few years wallowing, that's sometimes the fun part. I also want to be able to eventually get to the Premiership and not be stuck in a 7k stadium with no room for improvement and a board that refuse to build a new one for some reason.