The X Factor 2011

Lineker

I didn't personally think Misha was brilliant, but that's because I don't like randomly inserting raps in to the middle of songs. But she's definitely got a niche and considering she was trending on Twitter for most of last night, over the rest of the acts, bodes well for her in the rest of the contest. Plus, she did absolutely nail the opening to Rolling in the Deep.

Yeah, Frankie being in the bottom two is a huge shock because it sort of proves that the teeny girls aren't going out and voting for him as everyone seemed to assume they would. He'll probably be gone in the next couple of weeks. He managed to murder The Scientist one way or another last night <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone still watching? I caught up tonight and, to be honest, I might be done for the series. They've had to really ramp up tension between the judges because the contestants are so homogenous this year. As it stands none of them could sell the benefits of not committing suicide, never mind a million records.

And not to mention Kelly is probably not coming back from the States, and probably gets replaced by Cheryl Cole or Nicole Scherzinger, this show really is a mess, but I'm loving it.

And not to mention Kelly is probably not coming back from the States, and probably gets replaced by Cheryl Cole or Nicole Scherzinger, this show really is a mess, but I'm loving it.

As always, everything with the judges is just a storyline, which is what they resort to when the contestants aren't that good.

I wonder how many people rejected them before finally calling Alexander Burke.

At the moment she is like a really low rent Kelly Rowland. I dont believe that Kelly would be allowed to head back to LA on monday night and then she becomes so ill she cannot return to the UK.

Shows been Poor so far apart from Marcus and Sophie and even they seemed ok.

I thought Alex was actually really good last night. Certainly able to give them good advice from the former winner perspective, more so than Cheryl Cole harping on about it. I was surprised they didn't get Scherzinger in though, she's already a judge in the US so it makes sense to keep it all close and in the family etc.

Little Mix were absolutely awesome last night. I HATE the name change, but they've already started calling their fans "Little Mixers" which they couldn't do with the old name, I guess. Thought Janet's performance was the best she's done so far on the live shows, very haunting and epic. Marcus was damn good, as were Kitty and Johnny, but that's standard fare now.

Risk were awful and Frankie just needs to go. If they're not the bottom two then there's an issue. I can imagine Sophie might be in trouble too though, although she seems to have quite a good bit of support behind her. Frankie vs. Kitty would surely go to deadlock though if they're the bottom two again.

Yeah, they really were. They've grown on me so much really, I wasn't a big fan of Super Bass in the first week but since then they've not had a bad performance. Last night just had really good vocals, a bit of a different twist on the song itself and then the staging of it was great and they pulled it off so well.