2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

Anyway he won't be released today because my buddy who works security at Ravens stadium and the Super Bowl is the security guy assigned to the free stadium tours beng given by Peyton Manning. Also, I think the media storm over this will make Irsay and Manning sit down and decide what they mutually want to do. I wouldn't be surprised if he renegotiates the roster bonus and trains Andrew Luck for one or two seasons, as interesting as most of these destnations sound he has had three neck surgeries and one big hit will set him back to square one. This is at least something he and Irsay will discuss.

And the weakness in Minnesota is at QB, their line and WR/TE look a lot worse by comparison. There's a lot of statistical evidence to show this.

it's completely illogical money wise though to keep Luck/Manning for a few seasons. Luck is getting #1 pick money, and paying 2 QBs a buncha money when the rest of the team needs a lot of work makes no sense. either Manning stays and they try to compete now or Manning and most of the veterans go and it's a complete rebuild, which could be likely with their shuffling of the coaching staff.

I could even see teams like KC or maybe Oakland contemplating Manning.

oh and Minnesota has a terrible receiver corps. Harvin isn't bad but he's constantly hurt. besides that they have .... Michael Jenkins who's never been anything.

Gronkowski was seen at practice with no more walking boot and he wasn't limping at all either. Cannot believe he's totally healed from a high ankle sprain that quickly. The guy must be superhuman. Ah well. Coughlin is smart enough to know to gameplan for a 100% Gronkowski anyway.

Nerves already building for the game. Wish it was Sunday.

I know I'm late, but I'm a Giants fan and I'm so excited to see them in the Super Bowl. It feels great that people are starting to recognize Eli is actually a great quarterback. I always felt like he didn't get the credit he deserved when he won the Super Bowl in 2007.

That script is so bland looking.

And there have been calls (not from me) for the Ravens to switch to all-black as well. Doubt it will happen, and I'm not a big fan of single-colored jerseys. Loved the old Jaguars jerseys though, before they changed the ones with the silly piping. They were some of the best in the league.

They should all get in over the next few years but WRs are sorely underrepresented in the Hall. This recent passing explosion has only hurt their legacies but it's the Andre Dawson debate only in football. Do you compare them to stars a generation later who are putting up numbers that make his look paltry by comparison or do you remember how feared/revered they were in their prime? At one point in each of their careers they were a clear number 2 behind Rice.

But in the end Reed/Carter should go in next year followed by Brown the following year or two.

Patriots release WR Tiquan Underwood and sign DE Alex Silvestro off of their practice squad.

He was likely to be inactive for the game anyway, but I hope he can be signed to the practice squad before tomorrow. Otherwise, I'm not sure if he'd be allowed to stand on the sidelines.

One Rutgers guy for another.

I guess this means Ochocinco is active. Anyone else thinks he makes a really big play tomorrow?