NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

Ron Ron should be Gone Gone for the rest of this season, the playoffs and some of next season. That was the 2nd most cowardly move I've ever seen in the NBA. The only thing worse was Kermit Washington breaking Rudy T's face with that infamous cheap shot.

Ron Ron should be Gone Gone for the rest of this season, the playoffs and some of next season. That was the 2nd most cowardly move I've ever seen in the NBA. The only thing worse was Kermit Washington breaking Rudy T's face with that infamous cheap shot.

If I'm Stu Jackson, I have an extremely short leash with Artest. If there was ever anyone to bring the hammer down on, it's Ron Artest.

And, no, I'm not calling him by his legal name, because it's freaking stupid.

He'll probably be out for 4-10 games (last regular season game and the complete first round and part of the second should the Lakers go further) and that's it. Anything more would be reactionary to the public's outrage.

Also, gotta love the media complaining "it's a shame that this is being talked about as opposed to such a great game" while continuing to show the hit from several different angles, thus making it a bigger story than the rest of the game.

I'm a Lakers fan, and after seeing that elbow he threw and the comments he made both during the interview and on Twitter, I hope he's suspended through the playoffs and finals (if the team makes it that far) and well into next season.

Thing is, I detest Ron Artest (I'm with The Midget in thinking his legal name is stupid as hell) and just about facepalmed when the Lakers acquired him. If there's any player in the NBA I can't stand more than LaBron James, its Ron Artest, and I'm genuinely surprised its taken this long for him to do something like this.

Spurs clinch the number one seed in the West. The Jazz aren't nearly as talented as the Grizzlies were last year, and I can't see them beating the Spurs. As much as I hate to say it, I won't be surprised by a Spurs/Lakers WCF and a Heat/??? ECF with a Spurs/Heat Finals.

Nobody manages egos better than Jackson. He handled Rodman just perfectly. Artest is off the same tree.

Mike Brown's teams have quit on him in the playoffs before. Nobody has ever quit on Phil. Best coach of all time for a reason.

I love both Rodman and Ron Ron, but there really is no comparison between the two. Ron ruin odd legit crazy, Rodman was an act. Yeah, he's a strange dude, but, other than kicking a camera man, what did he really do that can compare?

Don't think the elbow was deliberate (as in, I don't think he meant to seriously injure Harden). He should be gone though the first round, that will be fine.

Ooh, and since I haven't been around in awhile, Bynum is the best center in the league. Very happy her didn't get traded for Dwight at this point, even if I was sure that would happen.

Also looking forward to Flop City getting bounced in the first round by Memphis. Tired of bandwagon Clippers fans. Where were you when Pooh Richardson was running point?

I'm looking forward to the Memphis fucking Grizzlies having a legitimate shot at making the NBA Finals.

They should get past the Clippers and Spurs which leaves only the Lakers/Thunder winner. We saw last year they should be able to beat OKC in a seven-game series and while the Lakers have Kobe and Bynum they haven't been able to get on a roll like they usually do. They're still my pick out West, but Memphis can certainly beat them.

Spurs went 4-0 over the Grizzlies this season. I don't think the Grizzlies stand a chance against the Spurs this year. They are on everyone's radar this year and won't shock anyone in the playoffs. I would love to be wrong and see them oust the Spurs again, but I don't see it happening.

The one thing the Spurs have going against them this season is their lack of defensive intensity. That used to be their staple and what won them four NBA titles. Now they score 116 points a game and rely more on depth than a prototypical 7-8 man rotation.

But who knows? The Spurs won each of their titles under the radar, and I think their experience would give them the edge against the Heat in a potential Finals matchup.

Artest gets a 7-game suspension for the elbow... Pretty close to what I thought he would get (somewhere in the 7-12 range)... Think the Lakers only have 2 games left on the schedule, so he'll be out for the majority of the first round as well...

I don't know that this really hurts the Lakers a great deal but I still don't think they'll do too well in the playoffs and wouldn't be surprised to see them ousted in the first round by the Mavs...

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that somebody named Kermit Washington actually played in the NBA.

I usually agree with you DMN but Bynum better then Howard? I'd rather have Bynum in the last two minutes but for the other 46, Howard is slightly worse then Bynum on the offensive end but leaps and bounds better on defense.