NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

That Knick/Heat game...oof. You could pretty much label that game finished by the middle of the 3rd.

And, I'm not a LeBron hater but those two flops he took in the 2nd...can't defend that. It's like he got done watching a Dolph Ziggler match before the game and said "hmm...maybe I can do that today".

Even if Rose never gets back to a 100% and we don't win a title while he is here I still wouldn't trade him for anyone else. I had flipped the game off with 2 minutes to go so my daughter could watch cartoons and when I hopped online a little later it was like someone punched me in the stomach. I'm still gutted for this team and Rose in particular, this season was beyond grueling for a guard who lives getting to the rim and drawing the bigs in to hammer him and now he's missing both the playoffs and the Olympics. Fuck.

The Knicks' Iman Shumpert injured his ACL too. He joins D-Rose on the injured list. This rookie gets injured on opening day, then gets injured in his first playoff game.

EDIT: Mavs letting the Thunder back in with a minute to go!

EDIT 2: Fuck what an ending!

Edited by maninblack

Why is Kobe the top performer for the Lakers when Bynum has a triple double including ten blocks? Especially when he was 5/7 from the field. I didn't watch the game, but it seems crazy that Bynum wouldn't have been the most important man on the floor.

Nets unveiled their new logo today.

NetsNewLogo300x200.jpg

I really like it, it's simple and classic. At least the fans will have something nice to look at while the team is losing 60 games.

Jay Z apparently "designed" those logos. I don't see how covering a basketball with a "B" is designing anything, but more power to the Nets.

On a more serious note, has there ever been an NBA player as timid as Landry Fields? The guy looks petrified to go to the hoop, and basically looks lost most of the time I see him out there.