NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

A team full of stars that he carried to the title that particular year.

Which is why he was MVP of both the World Series and the ALCS, right?

A team full of stars that he carried to the title that particular year.

Which is why he was MVP of both the World Series and the ALCS, right?

He should have been the ALCS MVP. And he played well in the World Series coming up with a pretty huge hit in the 9th in a tied game. There are a ton of criticisms someone can have for Alex Rodriguez, but there really is none for his 2009 playoff run. That was some of the most unbelievable baseball I've ever seen.

He tied two games in the bottom of the 9th (one in the divisional round and one in the ALCS). They don't get to the World Series without him there. Which brings me back to Lebron and why I feel like there will be a game where he just hits that huge shot, and then he does the same again later on in the series.

I'm not saying he didn't perform well, I'm saying he was surrounded by all stars, which you tried to dismiss and claim he was carrying the team. Yet, two other players performed well enough to earn MVP honors that post season, despite A-Rod's performance. Sounds like he didn't have to carry much.

Considering A-Rod is a juicer, I really don't think he belongs in a discussion about great athletes. He's a cheater and he was part of a team full of all stars when he won.

I'm not saying anything about LeBron's unnaturally large physique, but him winning a title with Miami is about as lame as the guys who chased championships at the end of their careers (Payton, Mailman, Shaq etc).

I do have to applaud LeBron for one thing: getting a bunch of people who would probably sooner torch Indianapolis than live there to openly root for the Pacers.

Even if you are all renting short-term space on the bandwagon, welcome. We have cookies.

Bynum said something similar to: "We're better than Santa Claus. We gave them a gift."

Or...the best player in the NBA just took a game by rallying his team past another superstar who didn't rally his.

Yeah LA will go down fighting and not in a good way I'm afraid. Bynum handled losing very badly last year and now his coach is Mike Brown who commands about as much respect and obedience as a mall cop.

Lakers have a few years of retooling ahead of them, as long as Kobe and Bynum are present there's a solid core so they'll be in the race but they need to find someone to become a true centerpiece for the future sooner rather than later.

Okay, is the NBA.com score wrong or something or are my eyes deceiving me? Did the Pacers just destroy the Heat? :w00t:

I came in at the end of the game, but I clearly saw visible dissension on the Heat bench. This is AWESOME BABY with a CAPITAL A! [/Dickie V]

I cannot believe it. I didn't watch the game and I figured Game 2 was an apparition so I didn't make it a goal to check the score during the game. Well damn. I don't even know what to think, the Pacers remind me of the Mavs from last year in the way they can cycle in guys to find the right mix and have enough size in the middle to control so much of the game.

We'll see what happens from here but this series is so unassumingly intriguing now.

D-Wade is just mad because if the Heat lose this series he's the one likely to be traded away. He doesn't play well with LeBron and he's the oldest of the three. It's starting to dawn on him that if Miami loses 2 of the next 4 games, then he won't be around if LeBron ever does win a title and his plan will have ended up with his two buddies winning a ring for "his" team, while he's somewhere else.