NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

Why would they trade Wade away instead of Bosh? Isn't Bosh's spot easier to fill, or am I just missing something?

Also, Parker played like a beast today. Great game, so happy that Spurs are doing so well. Spurs versus Thunder and Pacers versus the 76ers (though that doesn't look like it's happening :( ) in the conferences' finals, and I'm a happy basketball fan.

Although San Antonio should win everything :shifty:

They wouldn't trade Bosh because they need interior defense. Wouldn't make sense to trade Bosh for that as it wouldn't be making the team any better. Wade, however, you could flip for any number of players. Get another good big man to pair with Bosh and you have a team that might be able to finish what they start.

That being said, I think they give the Nazgul one more season, they can chalk this one up to Bosh's injury.

I Said from the get-go that Miami would struggle because they refuse, or simply just can't, be physical on the inside. They were out rebounded last night by almost twenty. They're soft. They're like the NBA's version of Duke. If you try to outshoot them, you'll likely fail. But if you take it inside, they show their softness and would rather cry than go up for a rebound.

Dallas did it last year with Chandler. Indiana is doing it now with Hibbert.

I would be absolutely shocked if D. Wade gets traded instead of Bosh. Chris Bosh and Coach Spoelstra seem like the clear-cut scapegoats for Miami, and I think if they lose in this round they will both be gone.

If Wade is traded from the Heat I think he may become the most beloved and supported guy in the NBA.

Isn't Dwayne Wade Miami though? Like I see Bosh (Raptors) and Lebron (Cavs) as his friends who came over to win a championship, it's the same as Allen (Bucks) and Garnett (T'Wolves) in Boston, it's Pierce's team and they joined.

I personally think it would be a real shame to trade Wade, it would be like trading Duncan, Nowitzki, Kobe, Rose, Love, Durant etc. To me some players are synonymous with a team. I personally wouldn't trade them unless they did a Lebron or Howard where you think they are going to walk. I mean as far as I'm aware Wade isn't an Iverson/Deron Williams where they are likely to hold your team back through attitude issues.

Assuming things don't turn around, Chris Bosh not playing would be the reason they lost to the Pacers of all teams, and that's pretty significant. The Heat were 9-1 without D-Wade and are now something like 4-7 without Bosh. Wade is about 3 years older than LeBron and 2 years older than Bosh. If you flip Wade for some other assets you don't have to have him and LeBron trying to split the ball and last second opportunities. Trading Bosh doesn't address any of the problems the Heat have, so of course I would love to see them do that since they would be less likely to win a title.

Edited by naiwf

LeBron's thoughts on Lance Stephenson?

"Lance Stephenson? You want a quote about Lance Stephenson? I'm not even going to give him the time. Knock it off."

Tough talk from a guy who delivers in clutch moments about as well as...Lance Stephenson.

Let's Go Pacers!

Beat the Heat!

Let's Go Pacers!

Beat the Heat!

This is the game that will determine whether 2 1/2 Men will ever win their title together. It feels dirty rooting for the Pacers (Reggie Miller can't die in enough fires for me or for Spike Lee), but sometimes sacrifices must be made for the greater good.

LeBron's thoughts on Lance Stephenson?

"Lance Stephenson? You want a quote about Lance Stephenson? I'm not even going to give him the time. Knock it off."

Tough talk from a guy who delivers in clutch moments about as well as...Lance Stephenson.

Even in dismissing a player who annoys them, LeBron still wants to be better than Kobe but can't quite reach the same level.

They must have given D-Wade some good stuff at the half. He's not limping, and seems to have completely regained his explosiveness. Whatever it is, STAT needs to drink or inject himself with gallons of it before next season starts.