NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

This series reminds me so much of the Heat-Mavs from last year only this time the Thunder are playing the role of last year's Heat.

The Heat just seem a lot more poised and are making a lot less silly mistakes. They hit all their big shots, free throws and to top it off they get the foul calls.

OKC has buckled under the pressure. Kudos to the guy who said they would. Kevin Durant should be the angriest man in America right now since he gets no respect from the officials.

P.S. A leg cramp is not an injury. It's poor conditioning :shifty:

OKC has buckled under the pressure. Kudos to the guy who said they would. Kevin Durant should be the angriest man in America right now since he gets no respect from the officials.

P.S. A leg cramp is not an injury. It's poor conditioning :shifty:

I called the Heat in 5 because the Thunder would play like the younger team. I was hoping I would be wrong the entire time.

I would be extremely embarrassed to be an OKC fan this series. One of the worst efforts by a finals team in a long, long time.

Had no idea they had so many players who choke under pressure, doesn't bode well for their future.

Same exact comments made about the Heat players last year. Having 3 all-stars that are 22-24 bodes VERY well for their future.

• Like 1

OKC should look into flipping Westbrook for Dwight Howard. I don't know if Orlando would do it, but you wouldn't be able to guard that team. Granted, Howard wouldn't be on the court in the last 2 minutes of a close game, but this small lineup isn't going to win a championship and Perkins is useless against a fast, agile team.

Bad Russ shows up at the exact worst time. Ugh.

EDIT: And Chalmers is channeling his Jayhawk days. Assassin. Who had him in the "double-digit 4th quarter" pool?

I did. He was my pick all along for "guy who steps up and wins Miami the title". It's not over yet, but it basically is. OKC has buckled under the pressure a bit too much, Miami has been far from title-worthy but OKC has been even less so. The core guys on OKC are younger than me, they have a lot to learn and likely will learn from this.

But anyway, we're forgetting the Chicago Bulls 2013 World Champions banners that have already been printed. :shifty:

I would be extremely embarrassed to be an OKC fan this series. One of the worst efforts by a finals team in a long, long time.

Had no idea they had so many players who choke under pressure, doesn't bode well for their future.

Same exact comments made about the Heat players last year. Having 3 all-stars that are 22-24 bodes VERY well for their future.

Nobody was saying anything like that about Miami sans LeBron...

James Harden is hardly an "all star". He's been a trainwreck this series and has gone from borderline max player to questionable about whether he deserves another contract at all from OKC.

OKC has a long way to go still with the effort given this series....and this team is not long for the tooth either, as money is catching up to them.