NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

I can't watch the game, but the PBP recap is telling me Durant bricked a 7-footer that would have tied matters <_< It seems one of you is lying :P

He was fouled on the shot and it wasn't called.

Oh, make no mistake about it. The Heat are the definite underdogs here. They're like heel underdogs, though :P

Great game tonight. LeBron and Wade were amazing. Harden was great in the first half, too. Was so infuriating to see OKC miss shot after shot, though, and Heat control the boards.

If Westbrick stops trying to show the world that he's the best player in this series, OKC wins in 6. If not, they may never get over the hump since he has the ball in his hands more often than Durant ever will.

Seriously. I wanted to strangle him. No reason he should be taking twenty-five shots as a point guard.

It's almost as if he thinks 'Hey, Rondo did a good job, and we're collectively younger, sooooo...'

Seriously, Russell, stop it. Even with people like Haslem in the middle for Miami, Kevin Durant is fully capable of dressing, basting, and roasting every member of the Heat if given the opportunity.

Seriously. I wanted to strangle him. No reason he should be taking twenty-five shots as a point guard.

I hate that criticism. Him being a PG should have nothing to do with the amount of shots he takes. He's not Steve Nash and he's never going to be. He is a score first PG and him taking a lot of shots is fine, as long as they are smart decisions. And that's the biggest problem, its not that he takes 25 shots it's that half of those are not quality shots.

I hate that criticism. Him being a PG should have nothing to do with the amount of shots he takes. He's not Steve Nash and he's never going to be. He is a score first PG and him taking a lot of shots is fine, as long as they are smart decisions. And that's the biggest problem, its not that he takes 25 shots it's that half of those are not quality shots.

Unless Westbrook is on fire, he should NEVER take more shots than Durant. All I can say is that it's more likely that he'll call his own number more often than KD whether he's hot and Durant isn't or vice versa. There's nothing "wrong" with being a shooting guard trapped in a point guard's role, unless you have the greatest scorer in the game on your team and you're taking away his shots.

• Like 1

The officiating in this series has been downright disgusting. They missed the obvious huge non-call at the end of game 2...cost the Thunder 1 game.

Tonight they stop the Thunder's momentum DEAD in it's tracks with some bogus bullshit call during the 3rd Quarter that took Durant out of the game. Why bother even watching...it's pathetic.

It's official, I hate Russell Westbrook.

Russel played really well tonight..

Not his best game ever but totally solid.

When they were down 3 late, he was determined to take the game tying shot at all costs. He dribbled all around and had a wide open layup, but instead stepped back, got a wide open look and still muffed the 3. I can't see OKC winning 3 out of 4 if he keeps trying to be the hero. As a matter of fact, Game 4 is a must win. If not, there won't be another game in OKC until next season.

It's official, I hate Russell Westbrook.

Russel played really well tonight..

Not his best game ever but totally solid.

When they were down 3 late, he was determined to take the game tying shot at all costs. He dribbled all around and had a wide open layup, but instead stepped back, got a wide open look and still muffed the 3. I can't see OKC winning 3 out of 4 if he keeps trying to be the hero. As a matter of fact, Game 4 is a must win. If not, there won't be another game in OKC until next season.

So you can hate Durant for being determined to take a game tying shot when he took that terrible runner into two men?

Durant may be there best player but Russel Westbrook is a 2nd team all NBA guy one of the best point guards in the league. He has that creative freedom from Brooks and his teammates. He's an incredible athlete and player. He missed a great shot to tie the game up. It happens. No shot is guaranteed. Every time any superstar player doesn't get the final shot and make it I feel you take issue with it. He has the liberty to take it and I guarantee you every player on the team was more than happy with the 3 pt shot he got when he was totally wide open. Sucks that he didn't make it but he is still one of the best point guards in the league and he deserves that kind of leeway.

I thought Westbrook played well, they showed Brooks telling them to take shots if they were open. I didn't notice Westbrook being swamped with pressure for his shots. Harden had a really bad fourth quarter. He made one or two highlight plays but did far more damage with missed shots, turnovers, lack of focus etc. I can't even think of examples but there was at least 5 times I was yelling at him through the television because he was in the wrong spot or doing the wrong thing.

In all it was a really weird game. OKC weren't down by heaps and then failed to close strong. The reffing was appalling though, no way around it. Just shocking to the point where it borders on ludicrous. Lots of shit calls followed by shit make up calls. There is no way that games are being won and lost at the hands of refs.