Pro Wrestling UnPlugged

punky

ACID NO SHOWS BOTB4

Trent Acid no-showed one of CZW's biggest events of the year, "Best of the Best" and has been removed completely from CZW.

As many people may recall, Acid's partner Johnny Kashmere walked out on the promotion twice for reasons unclear to anyone besides himself and CZW. Acid left with Kashmere the second time but then decided to come back for a singles run, only to leave once again. CZW then turned this into an angle for a returning Justice Pain, saying that he collected on the $5,000 bounty on Acid's head.

Sources tell us that CZW says that Acid is now done with the company for good.

-- IMadeThisUpBecauseICan'tFindASimilarStory.com

Pro Wrestling UnPlugged

The Backseat Boys Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere, founding owners of Pro Wrestling Unplugged, proudly announce the addition of wrestling icon “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan to complete their ownership team. The three will guide this revolutionary new pro wrestling organization.

When contacted, Duggan commented, “I can’t think of a better way to support today’s new generation of wrestlers than to endorse this new wrestling concept. Even with all of my experience in pro wrestling, I expect to break new ground by my involvement with this cutting edge promotion.”

Pro Wrestling Unplugged’s debut show is set for Saturday, September 25 at the Berwyn Tavern, Route 30 / Lancaster Avenue, Berwyn, PA. Tickets are available online.

Formula: UnPlugged

- A promotion for the wrestlers by the wrestlers. We'll see what happens to the matches when the wrestlers are actually enjoying themselves.

- Interviews between matches with FANS....thats right, we're sending Gary Michael Capetta into the crowd to get in-stand unbridled reactions, oh no.

- Red Carpet Arrivals

- Sketch comedy?  If its a tight enough locker room it can be pulled off.

- Inside the Pro Wrestlers Arena, sit down interviews with prominent stars and legends during the actual event and yes, fans will get to ask them questions on the microphone.

- Three bands already signed to Unplugged....Prime Time, Haywood Trout, and Budda Head

- DJ Custom Walt in the house

- Beer/Drink specials at all bar events as well as promotional giveaways

- Constant "one of a kind" EBay auctions hosted by Mac Smack.  All proceeds go to Unplugged and announced charities.

- Percentage of all profits to local charity "The Sunshine Foundation" .. another charity will be announced soon, as well as Toys for Tots drive upcoming.

This concept is very new and needs to be tested out.  The first two shows taking place at The Berwyn Tavern will be "dress rehearsals" of sorts.  These shows, called "Jam Sessions #1 and #2"  will combine to fully exemplify the Unplugged experience.  Do not get locked out of these events!  If you do, the video will be available right after the event and should be a must see.

ANNOUNCING..

Pro Wrestling Unplugged owners announce formation of Championship Committee.

These are the men who will have the unenviable task of deciding where and when the Unplugged Championship(s) will be defended.  The committee will also decide on the schedule and venues that the promotion will run.  Here they are in no particular order…..

- Frank Iadavia:  Long time promoter of Jersey All Pro Wrestling

- Darren Wyse:  Long time promoter of NCW based out of Red Lion, PA

- Terry Franckowiak:  Owner/editor of Loose Ends Magazine, promoter of IWA based out of Reading, PA and a well-known honest man.

- Bill Apter:  Former editor of several national and international wrestling magazines and a well known wrestling historian.

- Mike Kehner:  Senior Official of Unplugged.  

- Frank Goodman:  Multi State promoter based in New York.

- Frank Talent:  The honorable PA State Atheletic Commissioner, host of RasslinBeat weekly NJ/PA based radio show

- Gary Michael Cappetta: Prominent ring announcer turned author.

Edited by CM Punk

Founding UnPlugged Roster..

The BackSeat Boyz (Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere):  Some believe them to be "The Best Tag Team on the Independents"...while others say they are the best in the world.  Either way, Unplugged has got them and they will be cornerstones.  Their over six years of tag team experience makes them the most sought after tag team around, and they have gone on record as stating that they have plenty more tricks up their sleeves.  Johnny writes a column right here on the Unplugged site called "The No-Work Zone" and enjoys giving creative input.  Trent tends to do more of his talking in the ring as he will surely be in singles title pictures early on especially.  Trent has proven that his skills are unmatched in many areas and Unplugged will be giving him the platform that he needs to prove to anyone that still dares to doubt him.

Teddy Hart:  This bad boy of pro wrestling is no stranger to controversy as the Unplugged fans will soon see first hand.  His experience along with his passion and mind for the business will undoubtedly make him a key player in this new federation. Teddy is a man that gets things done and gets things done right, it'll be interesting to see how he meshes with the many strong personalities that will be in the Unplugged locker room.  To say "look for big things from Teddy" would be an understatement in this case.

Tom Carter aka Reckless Youth:  Tom Carter goes way back with many of the wrestlers in the locker room.  Having trained Trent Acid and grown up in the same town as Johnny Kashmere, Tom has been a loyal friend over the years.  Tom innovated the independent wrestling scene as Reckless Youth back in the late nineties, and he's looking to come back with a bang.  Here's a guy that can wrestle his opponent in a plethora of different grappling styles....this has earned him the moniker of "The Technician".  Tom is back after a hiatus from wrestling, it'll be great to see him back in the ring for Unplugged.

Ian Knoxx:  Here is one of the newest prospects to hit the northeast area in some time.  Ian is a bartender by trade and a wrestler by hobby.  Looking to prove just how good of a wrestler he is, Ian is looking to debut an entirely new persona in Unplugged.  He has assured the Unplugged staff that it will be something completely innovative in the world of wrestling.  God only knows what Ian will come up with, but if his track record is any indication, it should be pretty off the hook.  Look for Knoxxx to become a huge player in Unplugged as he will finally get to show what he can do, and we know its allot.

The Rockin Rebel and Greg Matthews:  Here are two guys not afraid to speak their minds.  Rebel is the wily veteran who has taken the thoroughbred Matthews under his wing.  Rebel goes way back in this sport having competed all over the world.  His knowledge will be used to help keep the locker room united, and his tongue will be used to put many people in their places.  When these two get on the microphone, there's no telling what they'll say or who they'll offend.  We here at Unplugged want to give them the chance to not only show how great of a tag team they are, but also to really explore their promo potential.

The Briscoe Brothers:  Two of the youngest wrestlers ever to wrestle, Mark and Jay are arguably the best tag team around. These guys can do it all, any style,any time limit, any stipulation.  Danger doesnt much matter to them as they are known to also take to the air to dazzle the fans and really confuse their opponents.  Lately, Mark and Jay have had quite edgy attitudes, it'll be interesting to see if they are fan favorites or if they choose a more lonesome path.

The SAT:  Jose and Joel Maximo are also arguably the best tag team around, and have proven why over and over and over again.  The Spanish Assault Team takes to the air and mixes some new age Lucha Libre with some great technical and old school moves.  Their tag team tandem moves are unparallelled and for the most part unscoutable because they evolve so quickly.  With the SAT on board, the tag division just got so hot that we can only call it "spicy".

Gary Wolfe:  Gary Wolfe we all know was part of the legendary Pitbulls tag team with his late partner, Anthony Durante.  Gary has been a mentor to many people in this business including Johnny Kashmere and Trent Acid.  Gary and Anthony were the head trainers at the wrestling school that trained many of the top wrestlers in the area today.  We're bringing that history back to life as Gary will be not only a spiritual leader to the locker room, but he will also get to lay beatings on those that he sees fit.  Look for Gary to be a father figure, overseeing happenings and getting involved when he feels he needs to.  What better watch dog, than a pitbull?

Big Mac Smack and John Dahmer:  These guys are personality personified.  As a commentary team they are unproven, so look for allot from these two.  Similar to the good ol "muppets in the balcony" they will be calling the action and calling the fouls.  Their knowledge of wrestling is extensive and Unplugged is happy to have them as our broadcast team.  Look for them to enter the active roster in upcoming months.  The potential and experience these two bring to the table will couple with their chemistry and knowledge for a broadcast team the fans can feel connected to.  Look for big comedy out of these two.

Jack Evans:  In just a short time Jack Evans has grown to become one of the most well known light weights in the world.  Jack, along with Teddy Hart, can do things people probably have never seen before.  Gravity gets defied and the crowd loves it.  Heights are no problem for Jack as he can hit his moves from either a standing or elevated position.  The wrestling style of Jack can only be termed as "futuristic".  Unplugged is really looking to Jack for innovation and greatness.  Do things your way Jack, lets see what the fans think.

Julio Dinero:  Another well established veteran of the locker room is Julio Dinero.  Julio has undergone many name changes in his career but his talent always remains the same.  Julio has been an active wrestler for well over a decade having appeared on numerous pay per views and wrestling telecasts.  Julio isn't afraid to wrestle any and all styles.  He's been known to really get a crowd going with his antics on a microphone, as well as being a top wrestling psychologist.  Unplugged is looking for Julio to bring in some of his old school ways and innovate while he's at it.  Julio would have to be seen as a heavyweight title contender, so he'll be a force to be reckoned with in the future.

Gary Michael Capetta:  Capetta is an established wrestling superstar in his own right, having been prominent on television for many years.  Gary's mind for wrestling is unparalleled in many ways.  His book serves as an actual piece of wrestling history that is now preserved in the annals of time.  In that aspect, Capetta is an honest to goodness pro wrestling historian.  GMC will hopefully spread his knowledge around the Unplugged shows as we know many are excited about his arrival.  GMC will be in the crowd during the show for exclusive interviews with fans...yes FANS.  That should be very new and interesting, giving a fan a live microphone?  Capetta also has taken on the unenviable task of appointing the brand new Unplugged Commissioner!  Unplugged as informed Gary to take his time and really put some thought into it and we're sure that he wont let the fans down.

- - - - -

syco: yeah, pretty much

Edited by CM Punk

The No-Work Zone

a commentary by BackSeat Boy Johnny Kashmere

Here we go again, ready for round number two. I have alot to get into , so I'll make this as brief as possible. This is now my new column called "The No-Work Zone". This will be my vehicle to express my views on many pro wrestling related topics. I want to be the first ever Pro Wrestling Pundit. No different than Bill OReilly or Al Franken in the world of politics, I will provide the same service for pro wrestling.

Why am I doing this you might ask. Well, its simple, I feel that there is no integrity present in many wrestling "reporters". My last column was not posted by a few internet reporters, yet no reason was ever given as to why. This leads me to believe that many internet reporters simply react favorably to any federation that will grant them locker room clearance. What happened to fair and balanced reporting? If I want to speak on the wrestling business and send a message, who should censor me? What gives these reporters the right to decide what is news worthy and what is not. What even qualifies them as reporters anyway? They're not journalists....they never went to any journalism school. So my message to all of the reporters is to simply PRINT THE DAMN NEWS....is that so hard. Instead we need to hear their "spin" on things. The worst part is that their spin on things is usually really just what the promoter wants them to say.

So now I have taken matters into my own hands. As long as I'm around I will analize things in a fair and balanced way...and I'm not gonna work you. The truth will be made clear and I will slice through all of the spin. Yes, I, Johnny Kashmere will be your humble correspondent analyzing the indies. The least I can do is put my money where my mouth is right?

So.. how do we look ahead and yet keep an eye on the past? How do we build this "ark" to get us through these rough times? Our answer....start a promotion of our own. One that actually belongs to the wrestlers themselves. We're calling it Pro Wrestling Unplugged. It will be the first federation ever to provide an "intimate pro wrestling experience". The date for the first show is Saturday, September 25th and it will be at none other than.....The Berwyn Tavern! Yes, the pro wrestling bar will be hosting this event that will be like no other. The show will be held outdoors, out back of the Tavern in the tiki bar area. You can check out the bar at www.theberwyntavern.com . There are some great pics of the outdoor bar on there. Two bands already signed, as well as a few suprises in store, and of course the return of you know who....The BackSeat Boyz. I'll talk more about all that in the weeks to come. Tickets will be available by early August, and the roster will be announced soon.

I have gotten a ton of support emails and phone calls coming in from the last column. Thank you for that, it really helps. I"m not looking for popularity, I just want to speak my piece. One thing I've learned is that you cant fight against the youth....no matter how hard you try. I believe in our cause whole heartedly and I invite others to do so.

"Rounding third and heading for home, its a brown-eyed handsome man. Anyone can understand the way I feel"--John Fogerty

More Soon, Thanks

Johnny Kashmere

The No-Work Zone

a commentary by BackSeat Boy Trent Acid

This is the third edition of The No Work Zone.  I asked Johnny to allow me this forum to speak my mind this week.  What a great time to be a BackSeat Boy….it’s a time of new beginnings, changes of direction, and much hope.  Johnny and I have successfully completed the formation of our new wrestling organization, ProWrestling Unplugged.  We have many great ideas and we’re looking to revolutionize North American Tag Team wrestling.  With the help of our great locker room, with the many great teams, we know that this goal can be accomplished.  A lot of people have no idea what is in store with this company, just let me say that the BackSeat Standards are very high as always, and that should speak for itself.  Anyone that knows us, know we take our careers very seriously. 

I know that a lot of the emphasis has been on the “entertainment” aspect of our company so far, so I need to state clearly right here and now that great wrestling will be our standard.  You have my word that our company is being based on great and talented wrestlers, wrestlers not looking for a “night off” but rather a “night on”.  We are simply giving the wrestlers the open forum to show different aspects of their personalities…total freedom in that sense.  We have handpicked a very special Championship Committee.  These are men that Johnny and I trust personally and have done plenty of “good business” with in the past.  We are putting a lot of stock in our Championship Committee and we know that they wont let us down. 

People may think of this new formula as strange or peculiar, but we just think of it as SIMPLE.  With many people working whole heartedly towards the same cause it really makes things a ton easier.  We are looking to restore this area to be the great territory that it once was and, with the right people on board, can be again.  This is where the fans come in…..WE NEED YOU.  All we ask is for a clean slate and an open mind, I don’t think that’s too much to ask. 

Two years ago when Johnny and I toured Trinidad and Alaska, we spent quality time with Good Ol Uncle Hacksaw.  We knew then, that if we ever wanted to get involved in anything like this, that he would be the best guy to have on our side.  He’s an All American, Wrestling Legend, Mentor, gives to charities, and teaches the young…simply stated A GOOD MAN.

The First Jam Session show, which will be just that, is Sold Out except for tickets that we have agreed to make available to the internet community only.  This is our way of looking out for those that support us most.  Bands, a bar, wrestling, babes(what else would you expect) and of course YOU THE FANS….that equals a great time if you ask me or any one of us wrestlers.

I’d like to end this with a big THANK YOU to everyone that has supported us so far and continues to do so.  Our friends and fans have really provided us with hope and a fair chance deserve the best experience possible that we can give.

More Soon and God Bless.

Pro Wrestling UnPlugged

Jam Session #1

Live from the Berwyn Tavern on Lancaster Avenue in Berwyn, PA!

First in a two part series of two events to take place at The Berwyn Tavern in Berwyn, PA, Jam Session #1 on Saturday, September 25th. Directions and maps found at www.theberwyntavern.com. Tickets available online. 250 capacity. This is Event is SOLD OUT except for a group of 75 tickets that are only available to the online community. This event will be taped, preorders for the video will be taken through email in the upcoming weeks. Bell time is 6:45, but dont miss "Happy Hour" with The BackSeat Boyz and Ian Knoxx from 2pm untill 5pm, food and drink served.

- "The Shady Show" Jack Evans vs Teddy Hart

- Triangle Tag Team Match: The BackSeat Boyz vs The Briscoe Brothers vs The SAT

- Ian Knoxx vs "International SuperStud" Julio Dinero

- Josh Daniels w/Talia vs "The Technician" Tom Carter

- Fatal Fourway: Christopher Idol vs Rob Eckos vs Sabian vs Super Hentai

- Greg Spitz vs Roderick Strong

All this plus much more including Big Mac Smack, Jimmy Vegas, Greg Matthews & Rockin' Rebel and an announcement by Gary Michael Capetta.

- - - - -

PWU Prediction Contest

It's time for a good ol' fashioned prediction contest. The idea is quite simple, really. Whoever has the most matches predicted correctly gets to add someone onto the roster (but must be met by approval, we can't have guys certain people have heat with, etc). However, whoever gets the most wrong gets a small mention in the show write-up and gets placed in the PWU Penalty Box (see below). Easy ain't it?

Tie-Breaker Question #1: Who will get the pin in the Triangle Tag Match?

Tie-Breaker Question #2: What will GMC's announcement have to do with?

The Penalty Box

This is the place where the wrestlers finally take back the power. If your name is on the list, you are unwelcome at unplugged events until a formal apology (you may not predict the next show) has been made. Every wrestler on the Unplugged roster can nominate.. at any time. Unruly fans, unfair reporters, and those with a general lack of integrity will be the first people to make the list.

Edited by CM Punk

Tie-Breaker Question #1: Who will get the pin in the Triangle Tag Match? BSB

Tie-Breaker Question #2: What will GMC's announcement have to do with? World title

"The Shady Show" Jack Evans vs Teddy Hart

I just think they might be on the way of a seperation, possibly by Teddy being jealous of Jack's skills. Yes I'm predicting that on a premier.

Triangle Tag Team Match: The BackSeat Boyz vs The Briscoe Brothers vs The SAT

I see the BSB being mixed tag and singles competitiors and so not having time for the tag division, therefore it's best to give your win to the most promising and least volatile of the two remaining teams.

Ian Knoxx vs "International SuperStud" Julio Dinero

I just love Julio damnit!

Josh Daniels w/Talia vs "The Technician" Tom Carter

I recall Reckless Youth and his escapades in the ring, I see him as the bigger name and therefore a victory is assured to me.

Fatal Fourway: Christopher Idol vs Rob Eckos vs Sabian vs Super Hentai

Not sure why, Eckos just seems to stand out to me.

Greg Spitz vs Roderick Strong

Don't know who Spitz is so let's go with Roderick.

Tie-Breaker Question #1: Who will get the pin in the Triangle Tag Match? Jay Briscoe

Tie-Breaker Question #2: What will GMC's announcement have to do with? A World title event of some variety.

The Shady Show" Jack Evans vs Teddy Hart

Tie-Breaker Question #1: Trent Acid

Tie-Breaker Question #2: The first Unplugged Championship match.

All this plus much more including Big Mac Smack, Jimmy Vegas, Greg Matthews & Rockin' Rebel and an announcement by Gary Michael Capetta.

- - - - -

Tie-Breaker Question #1: Who will get the pin in the Triangle Tag Match? Trent Acid

Tie-Breaker Question #2: What will GMC's announcement have to do with? World Title Tournament

"The Shady Show" Jack Evans vs Teddy Hart

Tie-Breaker Question #1: Who will get the pin in the Triangle Tag Match? mark Briscoe

Tie-Breaker Question #2: What will GMC's announcement have to do with? I'm gonna say a Round Robin to determine a World champion instead of tournament.

Teddy Hart

- Triangle Tag Team Match: The BackSeat Boyz

- "International SuperStud" Julio Dinero

- "The Technician" Tom Carter

- Fatal Fourway: Super Hentai

- Roderick Strong

- - - - -

Tie-Breaker Question #1: Who will get the pin in the Triangle Tag Match?Johnny Kashmere

Tie-Breaker Question #2: What will GMC's announcement have to do with? Battle Royal for World Title

Tie-Breaker Question #1: Mark Briscoe

Tie-Breaker Question #2: A new wrestler joining PWU in the near future.