Dark Souls

Liam

I need to go back to this again sometime. I bought it cheap caus it had a bit of resale value that I put towards Mass Effect 3 but then I bought it again recently, the version with the art book and stuff.

The PC version sounds iffy because they've never done a PC game before so everyone is like 'lol, shitty console port'. There's a fix though, not entirely sure how well it works at fixing everything.

I imagine the DLC will be out fairly soon. There's a 'GOTY' type edition listed in places that has the DLC onboard.

I'm happy I took a long break from it, as I'll probably finish it up soon and then start a New Game+ when the DLC drops.

Lovely game, a pure evil Larry Zbyszko of Zelda.

Multiplayer seems to be working a lot better than it did a year ago too, I was actually able to invade other players worlds. I wasn't able to kill the player, as they kept dying on their own however. Since it's working, I should really start a new game and join one of the convenants that is more focused on killing other players.

I'd say that the difficulty has been exagerrated to a certain degree. It can be difficult but your major obstacle is the learning curve. You might find yourself spending hours and hours getting through the first area but eventually, hopefully, things will start to click.

I'd say that how patient you are when you play is important too. If you've ever thrown a controller across the room then this probably wont work out too well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So with Dark Souls 2 coming out I decided to have a go at completing the first game, seeing as I never made it further than the bell gargoyles before. I've managed to make it to Anor Londo, and those fucking black knights on the ledges. They've killed me like 6 times and I can't think of an alternative way to try and kill them.

It does seem a little odd that it isn't on there, what with the predictable lack of releases early in the next gens life. Maybe they just felt more comfortable dealing with the older generation but with all the hubbub about it's graphics, you'd think it's at least a candidate for a Tomb Raider style 'Definitive Edition' or whatever somewhere down the line.

I'm just waiting for a nice price drop on 360 for now though, maybe this time I wont be a wuss and guide/wiki my way through. :shifty: