The Avengers

TKz

Seeing this in approximately eight hours (AMC Broadway, if yr headed there Summ). I cannot express my excitement enough.

Fucker. Was there from around 8 getting drinks, then saw the 9:30 showing.

Would've missed you anyways, we got the 19:15 showing. Boooo.

Another little thing I loved that I remembered this morning was the scene with Stark grabbing a drink, and pouring quite a large one. One of those moments that could potentially be building to more (his alcoholism) or fits in nicely as an appropriate moment if they forgo that.

Avengers hollywood premiere is out. They loved it and last act is apparently the highlight.

The hulk is the show stealer it seems. Which works for me.

Hulk is good, which I like the sound of but how is Bruce Banner?

Seems we get a new actor for every movie, with the Hulk in it. ....

Avengers hollywood premiere is out. They loved it and last act is apparently the highlight.

The hulk is the show stealer it seems. Which works for me.

Hulk is good, which I like the sound of but how is Bruce Banner?

Seems we get a new actor for every movie, with the Hulk in it. ....

I liked him. He played 'awkward' well and I actually found myself liking Banner-the-character, which rarely happens for me.

Plus I liked how Stark immediately hit it off with Banner - he virtually lit up as soon as he twigged how smart Banner was and seemed to get a little excited by having someone of his level to talk to (you know, what with Reed Richards not existing and all... :shifty:).

(Hoping this doesn't count as spoilers. Having difficulty trying to draw the line between what is and what isn't.)

• Like 1

The Tony Stark-Bruce Banner bromance was wonderful. I really liked Tony trying to help Bruce out with his Hulk problem. Oh and Stoke, from what I've heard it sounds like the Fantastic Four rights will be returning to Marvel this year if they don't start pre-production on a film at Fox soon.

Man, I hope so. Avengers Vs. Doom would be awesome.

The Tony Stark-Bruce Banner bromance was wonderful. I really liked Tony trying to help Bruce out with his Hulk problem. Oh and Stoke, from what I've heard it sounds like the Fantastic Four rights will be returning to Marvel this year if they don't start pre-production on a film at Fox soon.

http://news.moviefone.com/2012/01/13/fantastic-four-josh-trank_n_1205916.html

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/04/24/ron-swanson-for-the-thing-yes-please/

Fox isn't going to let this slip through their fingers.

It's good. The interplay between Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and Cap is every bit as good as I'd hoped for, the final fight sequence is spectacular and the script is hilarious. Oh, and I normally couldn't give a drizzling shits about Hulk, but he is fantastic in this.

On the slip side, most of the build isn't too well paced, the story is by-the-by and you never feel like Earth is in any danger at all. A three block section of Manhattan Island, yes, Earth, no.

In summary: Well worth the wait, not a knockout.

Agree 100%.

It's been a while since I read it, bit isn't it loosely based on Ultimate Avengers 1? Manhattan is basically the 'frontline' as it were, the bottle neck to stop the invading army getting to Earth en masse. In that respect, in the grand scheme Earth is in grave danger if the Avengers, the frontline defence, fail. Same idea as any film involving aliens and a specific battleground.

http://news.moviefone.com/2012/01/13/fantastic-four-josh-trank_n_1205916.html

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/04/24/ron-swanson-for-the-thing-yes-please/

Fox isn't going to let this slip through their fingers.

Still, they're going to have to get on it if they want to keep the rights. If I'm right about it running out fairly soon, that is. I think Principal Photography needs to have taken place at least for the rights to not return to Marvel.

I think at this point, coming in here without having seen it is kinda asking for trouble if you don't want it spoilt.

We American folk have to wait till next Friday to see it, thank you very much.

Or do we…