• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're Goin' Home

We're Goin' Home

We're Goin...

Ahem. I mean, bring it on Portugal... :/

Have you watched Portugal play? I'm happy we get them rather than Greece because if we play like we have today especially in the 2nd half then we'll easily beat Portugal. I mean their only threat is Ronaldo and the dives of Deco.

We're Goin' Home

We're Goin' Home

We're Goin...

Ahem. I mean, bring it on Portugal... :/

As for Beckham being awful....not as awful as Owen!

And why do you keep saying "You" in reference to England? Aren't you from Cambridge? :P

Yes but I am like part Italian and actually support Italy <_<

and yes that is true, Owen has been awful.

YEEEEEEEEES!!

ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!!

Fucking hell yes, Roonie-mania is runnin' wild, brutha!

That was a good game. Thank god we didnt lose otherwise this would have been another crappy birthday. Hooorrraaaay!

Owen is shite. If we want to start scoring more goals, he needs to wake up, or get the fuck out of the starting 11. Overall a good game, played well again. Rooney is still on top form, I still think King should start over Terry, and I knew Scholes would score tonight, I told my parents that he'd be England's saviour and somehow keep us in the tournament, and hey presto, he started off our good playing. Neville's surprised me with his solid defending. Gerrard and Beckham haven't sparkled yet, I'd like to see them both step it up against Portugal. We'll need everyone on top form - even Owen. Which is why I'm hoping he gets injured.. nothing major, just a little one.

Owen is shite. If we want to start scoring more goals, he needs to wake up, or get the fuck out of the starting 11. Overall a good game, played well again. Rooney is still on top form, I still think King should start over Terry, and I knew Scholes would score tonight, I told my parents that he'd be England's saviour and somehow keep us in the tournament, and hey presto, he started off our good playing. Neville's surprised me with his solid defending. Gerrard and Beckham haven't sparkled yet, I'd like to see them both step it up against Portugal. We'll need everyone on top form - even Owen. Which is why I'm hoping he gets injured.. nothing major, just a little one.

I agree with you except on one point: I've been impressed with Gerrard over the last three games, I think he's played well. Not his best, but well.

Hopefully now that Scholes has scored he will get a bit more confidence and hit form again. That normally happens during a bad patch. And yeah, Owen has been playing crap but I think it would be bad to drop him because it would upset the squad (in my opinion)

Rooney is simply amazing right now. And Lampard is also in fine form. It was a great performance by England, but we were weak at set-pieces. Portugal could kill us with free-kicks and corners.

Anyways, I believe England can beat Portugal :)

I have to say I dont think Owens playing half as badly as we're caning him for. He hasnt scored but then he hasnt had a lot of chances either. Plus Roomania is blinding us all to any errors the little scumbag makes (the setup for Scholes goal was blatantly a shotoff target). And he certainly isn't playing as badly as Beckham, who is constantly losing the ball, diving, or putting in god-awful crosses.

I also thought that Rooney's "SUPER DUPER ASSIST HEADER" was a bad shot. But from other angles, he appears to be looking towards Scholes and Beckham, however, his whole movement seems like he messed up a shot.

Owen will get a goal eventually. When he chipped their keeper and nearly scored he seemed to move a bit faster - he just needs a little more confidence.

Anyway, Vassell always looks lost when he starts games and can only really do any damage as a sub.

The good old days, yes. Owen has no confidence. Even as Smith said, when he tried to chip the keeper, you could see by his movement and his face he wasn't confident in scoring, he didn't think he was going to score. He stalled and hesitated, he just proved he wasn't confident. Compare that to Rooney, when he has the ball, he knows he can score, he's confident about it, and look what happens? He scores. At the moment, I really would favour Heskey and Vassell (mainly Vas) over Owen.