Euro 2004

pigeon

I'm so sick of hearing of you, JohnnyPerfect, and all of the italians bitching about that we and Sweden had a fucking conspiracy against you. Watch the fucking game, and then make your conclusion. If you still feel that the game was rigged, then sorry to say this, but you need to shut the fuck up and go lay down.

The reason that Italy went out was because of bad luck and shitty refeereing (sp?). Not because we had a conspiracy against you.

EDIT: This post also applies to you, fineintent.

It would be different if I actually said it was a huge screwjob but I never. I do feel like it could have been. Why don't you just understand that I am annoyed that Italy went out? If it was the team you wanted to win it, you would be a little pissed if something like that happened and would certainly accuse anything you could. Just to not cause arguements, I'm sorry.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not being disapointed that 'your' team is out, you're implying that Italy are out BECAUSE Denmark and Sweden cheated.

Oh, and for Fire Intent... please actually learn about football before you talk about it. I'll do this just for you, k darlin'... What you are referring to is when final games of the group stage were played at a different time, Germany had their game second, once they were at the score they needed (could've been 0-0, not sure) they just passed the ball about at the back, they didn't conspire with any other teams at all. Rem.

Sweden did it at the end of the game, it was a very hard fought game until then, but why risk going forward with 1 minute left, when a mistake could send you out?! They didn't do it to send Italy, just to get themselves through.

I remain unsuprised by anything said on here, it just keeps getting worse and worse.

I have to say if you were watching ITV's footage it wasn't actually Sweden and Denmark celebrating together, it was the Swedes cheering with their fans with a few of them having swapped shirts with the Danes. Obviously this wasn't noticed by the completely inept ITV pundits, who have been shit all tournament.

I was gutted by the Italy loss, its basically cost me a chance at £80 in our prediction league, so I was massively behind them in that game, and I agree the refereeing was terrible. Had that been England getting ludicrously screwed over there would be uproar in this thread.

*completely convinced swedish equaliser was let in*

That's pathetic, saying it was a conspiracy. Italy didn't play well enough over all, in every game, FACT. Denmark and Sweden played a hard fought game, did you see Sweden's goal? I'd hardly say it was 'planned'. And they celebrated together? Well, that's shocking. They both just qualified, four of the players will be spending next season as the same team, so they'd be congratulationg each other. And they'd both just gone through, they were happy for themselves, and their friends. So they didn't go forward at the end, common sense says they didn't want to have any chance of conceding, neither team did. They wanted to qualify as much as anyone else, so they kept the ball in a safe way and never allowed a mistake to be made.

People came on here and 'taunted' England fans when France beat them. But then, England fans do some taunting, and it's a different thing. Right, of course.

On the plus side, by number 1 pick (Denmark) and number 2 pick (Sweden) and my number 3 pick (England) are all through. Brilliant.

EDIT: Yes they did trade shirts, but I'm still pretty sure certain players would have "celebrated" together, meaning, wished the other player luck, such as Mellberg, Sorenson, Laursen and Allback.

Edited by Summers

Sweden Vs Denmark was a very hard fought game and Sweden specifically played very well through the tournament and do deserve to go through, as do Denmark to some extent. As an Englishman, I am happy Italy are out, as it opens up the competition a little more, but I can't help but feel for Italy because the way they went out was very fucked up.

Meh I already apologised for being a twat, I realised that I was out of line. Oh and Tom, do I not have the right to support Italy? Wow I live in England, but how does that mean I cant support Italy? I have some Italian blood in me, at least I'm not some full English guy being an idiot supporting them, I actually have a reason. So do we need to even argue about something like that?

Oh and just another thing, I don't think I taunted England fans. Maybe Summers wasn't directing it towards me but still, I certainly didn't. I live in England and am three quatres England, I still have a huge soft spot for the team. If they do well then good, but they let me down too many times for me to care anymore.

I'm going to go drink twelve bottles of vodka now thanks to the shittest referee in the history of football, fucking cunt. Also Denmark and Sweeden, I hope they both get fucking slaughterd.

I'm sorry, but Italy played with no enthusiasm or care against Denmark, and they never played well enough against Bulgaria. They could have scored 10 goals against Bulgaria if they REALLY tried, but they just gave up and expected to win as if it's their god-given right. I told you Italy would not win the tournament, and I was right. Leading onto my next point...

Exactly.

It just happened to be 2-2 in the other game didn't it then you see them celebrating together, if that's not fucking rigged then I don't know what is. I respect England the team, but half of there fans are pricks and WHEN they do go out, I'll be the first one to come here and taunt SOME of them pricks(Mainly as they just done it to me, and I don't mean you lol)

I agree that we have some moronic fans (at least 35% of the fanbase it seems), but please. Italians automatically expect to get to the final and win, yet with performances like that it won't happen. You know what annoys me the most about Italy? I respect the team, and I even like the team and fans and country, so I have no real problems apart from that whenever Italy get knocked out or something happens, it somehow NEVER seems to be Italy's fault. It's either "shitty refereeing" - which I don't blame the ref for not caring, because both Italy and Bulgaria were acting like tits in that game - or a conspiracy by other teams, yet it can't be because Italy "*GASP!* Shock horror!" NEVER FUFILED THEIR POTENTIAL. Italy could have very well won this tournament if they kept playing like they did against Sweden. Accept the fact that Italy never pushed it. If they really pushed it, they would have won this tournament outright, and I'll be the first to admit that.

I mean why would two teams want to eliminate the potential winners? That's a stupid idea... That is the sort of thing that happens in football; it can sometimes be very unfair. If this happened to England we'd be going mental - have some empathy for our Italian friend.

Sweden had to get a positive result to qualify, and Denmark wanted to keep the momentum going. Any other team in such a situation would have done the same thing. And as Tom said, with a minute to go, why throw away a possible defeat? Denmark could have been first and taken on Holland or Germany, which would be easier than the Czech Republic. You can't play at the pace Denmark and Sweden played at and fix the game to be 2-2. How can you stop shots from going in? Watch the game - it's just bad luck on Italy's part, coupled with Italy not really pushing for it.

I know you're upset, and it's understandable. But I must gloat because I said Italy wouldn't do it, and I was right. I firmly guarantee and you can all quote me on this - whoever wins between England and Portugal will win Euro2004. GUARANTEED.

Oh, and Germany are going out. So Michael? You suck :P

And before I forget, Rooney is damn class, but no-one, not even Zidiane Zidane is worth £50million. The most I'd pay is £30million and that's for Zidane.

And best player of the tournament? Zidane. Even though France haven't played as good as they should, he's kept them together and held on strong, and it's shown in France's games and their results. If he wasn't there, they wouldn't be in the quarter-finals. Although Rooney has been immensley important for us. As has Sol Campbell.

At least Owen's getting better as well... but I still think they should either bring Wayne Bridge onto the left of midfield and push Scholes up alongside Rooney (my dad keeps telling us that's what needs to be done, and he makes sense - we lack a left-footed player on the left of midfield. Ashley Cole always has to turn back to kick the ball into the center), OR bring Vassell on in Owen's place. Personally Gerrard could miss a game with his recent form. Hargreaves does a competant enough job in his place I feel.

Edited by britneyspearsisgod

Yeah but I respect your opinion, and most others, but it pisses me off when you get some people coming in here taking the piss which annoys me that's all.

I'll admit to being wrong though and yes you were right :angry: but you are wrong about England and Portugal. I hope England do win it so that all these fans aren't let down, but I just cant see it. I've been wrong by putting my money on Italy to win the whole thing and now they are out, I'll have another shot in the dark at it being between France and Czech Rebublic. I certainly think England can beat Portugal though that's for sure. Shame to see Germany go out too if they do, I like Ballack, he deserves to go through :(

I understand about people taking the piss. I was in a French pub watching the England game, and we shot out of there the moment England and France ended, because we could have kicked some French teeth in, I tell you <_<

But no, I think Portgual or England will win. Look at it from this perspective: Portugal started off shit. Undeniably shit. I was mortified at how shit they did. But they have slowly begun to build momentum. If they beat England (which I am simultaneously hope and believe England can win), they will be gaining in momentum, and that will be their key - home advantage and momentum.

England meanwhile, have generally shown the ability to take it to the big teams. It's only been because of Erikkson's bad tactics that England have looked shakey at points (well, that and David James being a shit goalkeeper - and don't say he isn't, because he's the #1 choice, and he plays in Division 1/The Championship for West Ham, yet the other two play in the Premiership. So what does that tell you?). If we can take out Portugal, we generally have teams we can take out. No disrespect to the other teams left, but the other teams (besides France and a few others) have a less impressive aura than the big teams. What I mean there is that we would be threatened by France's reputation, whereas we would tend to be a bit more aggressive if we played Denmark or Sweden in the semi's. It could give us an advantage, seeing as we would be considered a bigger team, thus making us more confident in our abilities. Then again, it could make us arrogant and we could fuck it up. But it's all to play for.

Still, best of luck to all.

Just get ready to lose to England :shifty:

I think England can win it once they work out what is wrong in the team. Yeah they have been pretty damn good over the last two games, heck even in the french game, but still you just know they can do that bit better. Owen and Beckham have been a huge let down. I think Beckham missing that penalty has put him down, or maybe its just his fitness. Owen just desperatly needs a goal to get the ball rolling because however hard he tries he isn't getting anywhere. That's why I think Sven needs to make a descsion. Either risk playing Owen and hope he starts scoring, or give Vassel a chance to start a game and see how things go there.

I also hope they rest Terry next game and bring King back in. He didn't make a single mistake in the France game and deserves another chance to have a full game at the back. I would say rest Beckham for the first half of the game too, but firstly that is a huge risk and secondly they have no one to rest him for. I really don't think highly of Hargreaves and as for Joe Cole, I cant stand the guy. They are both good, just not good enough to be taking Beckhams role and against the home nation. If Butt was fit, that would be a whole nother case as I think he is a great midfield player and loves to get stuck in.

Portugal had an awful start, but I agree they have got better. They still are far from there best and yeah I don't think they are all that great, but they certainly ain't bad. Plus they have wonderkid Ronaldo :shifty:

If Sven works things out to get England at there best, they can win on Thursday, but it certainly wont be a walk in the park. I'm just wondering though, if they DO win, who do they meet in the next round? Is it Czech/Denmark? If so then that will be super tough if England get Czech Rebublic as they are on pure fire.

On the subject of Beckham, he has admitted that he wasn't really fit for the first two games and now it's feared he might not be fit for the next. To be honest, if you're not fit, you shouldn't play - no matter who you are. It does more harm than good. I'd rather have a fully fit Joe Cole or Owen Hargreaves or someone on the right than a half fit David Beckham who's clearly trying too hard to mask his fitness.

It's one of the things that hurt us in the World Cup, we took too many unfit players (Beckham again). It must be hard for the England captain to sit games out, but if he isn't fit I don't think he should start against Portugal. Of course he will start, the England team will remain unchanged.

EDIT: About England playing badly; they improved so much when they actually controlled the ball and passed it about against Croatia. Against France and Switzerland all they wanted to do was boot a ball in the air, but the long ball doesn't work when you have two fairly small men up front. Once they played a bit of football on the floor they got so many chances to get the goals.

Obviously they've still got work to do on set pieces, we haven't looked comfortable on them at all.

Edited by supergrass

I just saw on Sky Sports News, the Sweden and Denmark fans in the street celebrating, they were going "Ciao ciao Italia!!" Brilliant stuff :D.

Poor old Italy. :P

I don't really want to argue but now your just simply trying to annoy me. I already apologised for being a twat but is there any need to keep rubbing things in?

I don't really want to argue but now your just simply trying to annoy me. I already apologised for being a twat but is there any need to keep rubbing things in?

People did exactly the same after the England/France game (no, not saying you did). Besides, it's all good natured. Its not as if he came in and went "HAHA FUCK YOU ITALY SUPPORTERS, YOU'RE OUT!! LOL!"

Sorry. But football is football, it is made for rubbing it in. What do you think all fans do? Especially to Arsenal this year when we didn't win the treble.

Only Arsenal could make "only winning the Premiership" something to be mocked about :rolleyes: