Euro 2004

pigeon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Them's fighting words around here, boy! :shifty:

If I knew any Portugese, I would call you a poo-poo head and I'd use various insults to describe your mother's sexual proliferency.

Instead, I'll just say you suck :shifty:

Good goal.

Ballack has been Germany's best player so far in the tournament. Other than Kahn, no-one else has really stood out. But beware, Czech Rep have gone behind in each of their games so far, before going on to win.

Quoted for emphasis. The probem was Germany didn't wnt it enough. And no that isn't a knock on every German person to have ever lived, or any non-England supporting poster here. It's a fact. The German's were poor from start to finish in each of thier three games. To draw against Holland was a bad result, as Holland didn't find any form until their third game, and they were playing Latvia, it would be hard not to score.

Then Germany drew 0-0 with Lativa. *re-reads last sentence of the paragraph above* Whoops. Ermmm.....It was Latvia. The German team drew 0-0. I don't care who you are, drawing 0-0 with a team that's never been in the tournament before is one hell of a poor result.

Finally you lost to the Czech Republic. Now I'll be the first to sy that the Czec's have been the surprise team of the tournament, winning all three group games, but come on. They put out what would be called a reserve side in domestic football. The side was so weak that the German team complained to UEFA that the Czech's were making a mockery of the match. UEFA recognised the side was a very weak one, but said the Czech Republic had earnt the right to select a weak side by winning thier first two games. This is a team the German's couldn't even get a point from.

I'm not going to pretend that I know the ins and outs of German football, but there hasn't been a lot of talk about the German's missing key players or anything like that. All I know is, if England had got the results Germany had, I'd be calling for Sven's job.

Edited by TheArsenal

Guest BigDirty

The German's were poor from start to finish in each of thier three games. To draw against Holland was a bad result, as Holland didn't find any form until their third game, and they were playing Latvia, it would be hard not to score.

Yes we played soooo poor against Holland. And Holland played sooo bad against Czech. :rolleyes:

Then Germany drew 0-0 with Lativa. *re-reads last sentence of the paragraph above* Whoops. Ermmm.....It was Latvia. The German team drew 0-0. I don't care who you are, drawing 0-0 with a team that's never been in the tournament before is one hell of a poor result.

Guess what Czech struggeld against Latvia too and Holland needed two illegal goals ("penalty" + offside goal). It was clear that Latvia would upset one of the three other teams, too bad it had to be Germany.

Finally you lost to the Czech Republic. Now I'll be the first to sy that the Czec's have been the surprise team of the tournament, winning all three group games, but come on. They put out what would be called a reserve side in domestic football. The side was so weak that the German team complained to UEFA that the Czech's were making a mockery of the match. UEFA recognised the side was a very weak one, but said the Czech Republic had earnt the right to select a weak side by winning thier first two games. This is a team the German's couldn't even get a point from.

Yes because Czech win today was so earned, they had like 3 shots and 2 went in while Schneider alone should scored 3 times. Sometimes teams have bad luck and today Germany had bad luck.

I'm not going to pretend that I know the ins and outs of German football, but there hasn't been a lot of talk about the German's missing key players or anything like that. All I know is, if England had got the results Germany had, I'd be calling for Sven's job.

Well obviously you don't know anything about german football because we missed several key players like Deisler, Metzelder, Lauth, Freier, Rahn.... and Rudi is a great coach it's not his fault when our idiotic players don't convert there chances, he didn't make any tactical mistakes.

I did not thing germany was that bad, all games were very tight in the end, with a bit more luck you could have won against the neterlands, with even more luck (2 not given penaltys for Latvia) you could have won against latvia, yesterday, like i said during the game, it´s either making the goal and taking it home ore catching goal you catch wen you preshure your oponent. There was only a slight different that made CZR and Holland deserve winning this group, they have Strikers that are able to score goalswich is something Germany just lakes of to much to have the neccecery advantage in thes tight games.

Rudi Völler is stepping down from his position as the Team Manager for germany at the moment, again he is leading all the Blame away from the Team into his Personal Fame that is pritty much unbreakebell. The german soccer assosiations President Claims that he would have staied with Völler (haha) - Völler said he also is doing this for 2006 because germany needs a coach that has no negative credid from not making it out of the group stages at the Euro so he can try out stuff in frindship games without being ripped apart if they dossent work out.

Rummore has it that Christoff Daum will become the new team manager, he is very good frinds with the German Soccer Assosiations President and he was Planed to become the german National Coach wen Völler got it (Daum was not alowed to leafe his club in turkey back than, so Völler should take over for one Year as interems coach)

Other names in the gabble are Otmar Hitzfeld who just stoped coaching Munich a few weeks ago and Otto Rehagel (who is claiming it would be his dream to coach germans, but i guranty you that Rehagels style would never work with the german national team)

Rummore has it that Christoff Daum will become the new team manager, he is very good frinds with the German Soccer Assosiations President and he was Planed to become the german National Coach wen Völler got it (Daum was not alowed to leafe his club in turkey back than, so Völler should take over for one Year as interems coach)

What? He was found to be taking drugs back then. That's why Völler took over and not Daum. And the players you named to be missing are not key players at all. Metzelder has never played more than a couple of games for the last two years, because he is always injured. Deisler is mentally ill and not in form at all. Lauth didn't score in the second half of the season just like any other German striker (except Podolsky). Freier was perhaps missing our team, but Rahn?? Are you kidding me? Even Ziege is better.

What Germany lacks are creative midfielders and someone who can score a goal, when you need one. Ballack sure is a great central midfielder, but he has no creativity at all and he is not the playmaker everybody sees in him. Schweinsteiger could turn into the player we need. He can really make the plays.

OK so it maybe a bit late but.......................

WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! We're trough, germany is not, those are two great things that happened on the same day.

But..... I think Holland definitly needs to play a helluva lot better then they did ion the group stage or else Sweden will kick their sorry behinds.

Woohoo Germany is eliminated.

8x335x150x16,property=original.jpg

Deutschland, Deutschland, alles ist vorbei!

(What, you can bash me saturday when Sweden wins)

Guest BigDirty

What? He was found to be taking drugs back then. That's why Völler took over and not Daum. And the players you named to be missing are not key players at all. Metzelder has never played more than a couple of games for the last two years, because he is always injured. Deisler is mentally ill and not in form at all. Lauth didn't score in the second half of the season just like any other German striker (except Podolsky). Freier was perhaps missing our team, but Rahn?? Are you kidding me? Even Ziege is better.

Of course Metzelder & Deisler haven't played that's why they're missing.

Metzelder was the best defender we had! But he's not a key player?!?

Deisler without injuries (mental or physical) is our most dangerous taker for standard situations and he makes the best crosses on the team! But he's not a key player?!?

Lauth is injured how should he score? He's the only german striker who actually can score (Kuranyi is better but no Knipser). Look at our other strikers and tell me they're better. But he's not a key player?!?

Freier is the only real winger we have.

Rahn would have given us a man for the left side and he's leftfooted. Everybody in this tourney who played in left midfield for us played out of position and you could see this. And have you watched any HSV games at all? Rahn would have been a good alternative on the left.

Ok you think Rahn sucks but Schweinsteiger will be great. Schweinsteiger the most egoistic and stupid player we have? Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Saying Deisler, Metzelder & Lauth would not be key parts of the team is ridiculous! Have you even followed the Bundesliga and national team in the last years?!?

Guest BigDirty

all your doing is making excuses, fair enough you had a few influencial players out.  At world cup 2002 england didnt have gerrard a very key player but still made it to semis.

Hey I didn't make excuses, some guy said that there was no talk of missing key players and I just listed some injured key players.

all your doing is making excuses, fair enough you had a few influencial players out.  At world cup 2002 england didnt have gerrard a very key player but still made it to semis.

No, we did not make it to the Semi's we made it to the Quarters, two stages before where Germany made it to.

You have no idea whats going on in germany, Völlers fame is so ammazing, this morning the papers still cryed about Germany being kicked out of the tournament, but now everyone just talks about him stepping down and most of the people being sad. The great wall of China couldend have lead more damage from the team than he.

Guest Red Devil

Well we're 45 minutes away from kick off and I'm quite nervous. I'm quietly confident that we can beat them but it really matters about how Portugal play, if it's like they're group stage matches we should get the win but i know Portugal can step it up and they probably will. I'm gonna go for a 3-1 scoreline. Hopefully I'm correct.

No, we did not make it to the Semi's we made it to the Quarters, two stages before where Germany made it to.

They had an easier route than us. They said whoever won the England/Brazil game were going to win the tournament.

They did.

Just over half an hour, and needless to say, I'm bricking it. I have had no confidence in our defence since Terry replaced King, and James is just awful.

Edited by Agent_Sm1th

I actually think tonight everything ends for england if they are asleep the first 20 minutes again, Portugal defenetly is their strongest oponent by now (nope, i don´t think franc was up to their standarts untill now) and you can´t just count on them going down like a ripped apard team (croatia) if you rais the preshure a bit. The way they played untill now england is only left because of tons of luck annyway.

Guest Red Devil

I would get into an argument with you but at the moment i can't be bothered so all i can say is i believe in England and i have a feeling they will pull through.

Well we're 45 minutes away from kick off and I'm quite nervous. I'm quietly confident that we can beat them but it really matters about how Portugal play, if it's like they're group stage matches we should get the win but i know Portugal can step it up and they probably will. I'm gonna go for a 3-1 scoreline. Hopefully I'm correct.

lol there's confidence for ya. :mellow: I wish I had that kind of confidence. I dunno why but I can just see a 1-1 draw with england winning on penalties.

And for once I hope Ronaldo has a shocker. C'mon Gary Neville!