Euro 2004

pigeon

Since when the fuck are FIFA not a fucking neutral source? Twat.

And again, how can you spell two letter words wrong after three+ years of typing English? I suppose your typing skills match your football knowledge.

Fuck off, Kraut,

Ah, good old football. Nothing like it for boosting the levels of casual racism :thumbs-up:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope the hotlinking from ESPN works

Campbell_SB.jpg

here you can clearly see that the goaly has a hand of one of the english players on his right shoulder, and he clearly has to push throu one player if he wants to have anny chans of getting on the ball, the time he needs for that is the time he is laking in getting to the ball and catching it like a goaly usualy catches every ball that prittymuch falls exactly onto him.

BBC has a nice virtual goal version, no idea how acurate it is but the way it looks i bet you guys defenetly will call it falls data

http://www.bbc.co.uk/virtualreplay/euro200...dex.shtml?25090

whatch it with 1/8 of the speed via the flying cammera, you can see that the goaly has no chans in getting to the ball becaus of the enlgish player halding him down.

and one last thing

* it is an offence to restrict the movement of the goalkeeper by unfairly impeding him at the taking of a corner kick

i don´t see were unfair MUST be intentional, if you miss the ball and hit the player you still comit a foul and get eventually yellowcarded (if not red carded, wen it´s from a bad angel with fully streched leg) if you were unlucky enough. I mean serriusly, if there only would be cards for intentionaly fouling the crap out of your oponent we could throw half of the rulebook out of the window. - I have seen this rule enforced SO often just like it was yesterday. - The commentator on BBC World said 99.9% of the times this happens it gets wisselt, the german reffere expert on TV toled us that it was a corect decision by the rule book (and he clearly is neutral, he was havylee against latvia not getting the two penaltys against germany, that guy is from straigt from the UEFA, do you honestly think he goes on national TV to asskiss and coast himself his reffere position for laying the rules out the wrong way ?), EuroSport dident even think this was argubell enough to put it in the "review" segment. It just was an everyday football decision, no one gives a fuck asides from the people that need an excuse.

Edited by Michael Matzat

Can we please just move on now? I'm much more interested in seeing who wins it rather than inconsequential petty squabbles that nothing good comes from and which won't change anything. I'd love the underdog Greece to win tonight but I just can't see it happening

i hope the hotlinking from ESPN works

Campbell_SB.jpg

here you can clearly see that the goaly has a hand of one of the english players on his right shoulder, and he clearly has to push throu one player if he wants to have anny chans of getting on the ball, the time he needs for that is the time he is laking in getting to the ball and catching it like a goaly usualy catches every ball that prittymuch falls exactly onto him.

BBC has a nice virtual goal version, no idea how acurate it is but the way it looks i bet you guys defenetly will call it falls data

http://www.bbc.co.uk/virtualreplay/euro200...dex.shtml?25090

whatch it with 1/8 of the speed via the flying cammera, you can see that the goaly has no chans in getting to the ball becaus of the enlgish player halding him down.

Yeah you've got it wrong Matzat. It's Portugals fault for having the shortest and weakest keeper that ever lived. If you call that a foul, you really are stupid.

Even though I like Czech to win it all I have to say that England got screwed today. Campbell's goal shouldn't have been disallowed. There was no foul whatsoever. The linesman had the clear view and made no call. That dumbass ref Meier couldn't see shit. There was also much bad luck with Rooney, their MVP of this tourney, breaking his foot and Beckham missing the PK. If it weren't for that fucking Swede there wouldn't have even been an overtime. So now that's Italy and England who were screwed by the Swedes.

You are the stupidest fucking person in the world aren't you? The Swedes screwed no one, Italy was not at their best, so they are back home right now. England, well I can't decide whether it was a foul or not, but they didn't play their best, so now they are going home. Here's my problem with these conspiracies and blaming refs and such. There is no reason to blame a ref IMO because if you had done your part and played well the whole game, then you should be winning. If you have to let a game come down to a decision by a ref, then you have not properly done your job.

Guest BigDirty

You are the stupidest fucking person in the world aren't you?  The Swedes screwed no one, Italy was not at their best, so they are back home right now.  England, well I can't decide whether it was a foul or not, but they didn't play their best, so now they are going home.  Here's my problem with these conspiracies and blaming refs and such.  There is no reason to blame a ref IMO because if you had done your part and played well the whole game, then you should be winning.  If you have to let a game come down to a decision by a ref, then you have not properly done your job.

Amen! :thumbs-up:

Seriously this thread shows how pathetic most of you people are. It's a foul simple as that, just because it might not get called in your league doesn't mean it's not called in every other league. Look at Basketball World Tournaments, they don't use NBA rules do you see guys complaining about it? No, because every other league uses these rules.

english fans - no foul!

rest of the world - foul!

Hm, a smart person would start thinking now. I watched the game together with a guy from Serbia & Montenegro and two guys from Turkey. And no one of us even thought about that this could've been not the right decision. Reading todays articles there is not one article that even mentions the scene.

And it's cool that all of you start insulting people as soon as they disagree. And praising people who call someone "Hitler" is also terrific. Way to go! :thumbs-up:

Of course all germans hate England because of that legendary & important 5-1 (and it's not like we've ever won against England or are the better team). We not over the wars either. You people rock! :thumbs-up:

While I agree that if we had played well enough to beat Portugal, we would've done it conclusively. Thing is, while we didn't play well, we did enough to win, because John Terry standing there while Ricardo flaps about is not a foul. Its not like v Argentina in 1998 where there was a clear foul on the keeper by Shearer, who blocked him with his elbow. A hand on the shoulder is not a foul.

Oh, and I can' wait for the Semi-Finals...France v Holland sound good to anyone?

Edited by evertonfan

Jumping the gun a bit there aren't you? I think we should wait until France and Holland have qualified fo the Semis before we start looking forward to the match. And I agree with you about the match, I don't think that they deserved to win anymore than we did, sure they had greater possession, but that doesn't mean anything if you don't use it.

Oh, and I can' wait for the Semi-Finals...France v Holland sound good to anyone?

You shall never underestimate anny smal team coached by Otto Rehagel, if it´s a big team were everyone talks hin into his work he is dead, but wen he has full power over everything in a smal team that guy could manage to pull everything.

Sweden/Denmark Final is what I'm hoping for. With Denmark winning it.

I love how BigDirty agrees about it all - then goes on to spout his opinion, stirring to what had already settled. It wasn't a foul. I don't care which team it was. If I saw that - in any league - any tournament - being played by any team or country, I would honestly say that it wasn't a foul. Even if it was against England, I can honestly say it should have been a goal. And on that note, if it HAD of been England in Portugal's position, and of course vice versa it would have been.

England: foul

Rest of world: no foul

I, for one, didn't praise Reily for calling Matzat Hitler, I praised him for having a good opinion, and being right. And because he's generally cool.

It's over. Let's end the discussion. English people were very emotional during the big discussion we had, it's natural that we reacted like we did. I still stick to my belief that the goal was wrongfully disallowed - but, I've had enough of arguing. I felt worse for Vas than I did about losing the game.

english fans - no foul!

rest of the world - foul!

Hm, a smart person would start thinking now. I watched the game together with a guy from Serbia & Montenegro and two guys from Turkey. And no one of us even thought about that this could've been not the right decision. Reading todays articles there is not one article that even mentions the scene.

Funny, a majority of the Scottish fans I have spoken to or heard talking about it (i.e. Hansen) have said it was a goal. Now, the Scottish and English aren't exactly the best of friends, so when they side with us - it's usually true.

You're forgetting one thing - the keeper positioned himself there. That doesn't qualify as 'unfairly impeding.' It qualifies as having a shit goalkeeper and a god-awful referee.

Not only was the picture taken after the Sol had headed the ball, it is impossible to jump well without your arms. You quoted the rules yourself, "unfairly impeding." It can't be unfair if it's necessary and, again, the keeper couldn't have jumped anyway because he was on the back foot.

i don´t see were unfair MUST be intentional, if you miss the ball and hit the player you still comit a foul and get eventually yellowcarded (if not red carded, wen it´s from a bad angel with fully streched leg) if you were unlucky enough.

How can you unfairly impede some intentionally? You either meant to do it or you didn't. Terry didn't. And where the fuck to out-stretched legs come into play? Idiot.

The commentator on BBC World said 99.9% of the times this happens it gets wisselt, the german reffere expert on TV toled us that it was a corect decision by the rule book (and he clearly is neutral, he was havylee against latvia not getting the two penaltys against germany, that guy is from straigt from the UEFA, do you honestly think he goes on national TV to asskiss and coast himself his reffere position for laying the rules out the wrong way ?),

If he's German and England are involved, he's not neutral. Stop being so naive.

EuroSport dident even think this was argubell enough to put it in the "review" segment. It just was an everyday football decision, no one gives a fuck asides from the people that need an excuse.

It's not about needing an excuse. We let them come at us and we got punished - but we were then fucked over by an incompetant ref. I doubt you were even watching the game, every decision went Portugal's way, and guess what? They're the home team. Meier bottled it.

I love how Matzat bitches about the standard of refereeing throughout this tournament (I think he even criticized a game refereed by Meier earlier) but when England actually lose, he jumps to their defence.

Edited by Agent_Sm1th

I doubt you were even watching the game, every decision went Portugal's way, and guess what?

I actually thought that was Englands tacktick, sending two of the four defenders up front and kill the possible fast answer by commiting a smal fould (before it becommes to tight and would result in a yellow card) to alow them going back in the deffence ore a dangerus situation, pritty intentional and planed, i´ed even go so far and say, without thies fould being wisselt all the time england could have been fucked by fast counters (right word ?!) often.

I love how Matzat bitches about the standard of refereeing throughout this tournament (I think he even criticized a game refereed by Meier earlier) but when England actually lose, he jumps to their defence.

i did not jump for their defence, i defended that a single person in a single game that was rulled very good. It´s not that all games are refed horrible just becaus the average was an scarry amount of horrible.

Asides from that you guys were defending the refs before, not caring about the russian keeper being send of and of cause not about the 4 major decisions for england in the two games (nope, but you of cause somewere saw a "FUCKING ROBBED" after the france game, is there a way of england loosing without being robbed ?)

I am stopping this discusion from my point now, i know i am right, the rest of the world is on my side, and you disqualify yourselfs from having a neutral opinion by being fans of one of the questioned teams here annyway (more prove of that is that, even after i stated several times and even weeks before the tournament that i dident care about germany, you allways need to bring it back up that i am german and of cause every german hates england with passion, loves germany and so on and so on, just getting enough reason to refuse to listen to what i say "its from that bullshit football ideot german annyway" - wen several people that aked for me being banned and warned it got even wors on your part, especialy after you gave other fans a far wors treadment, that of cause did not git the same reaction becaus there are not as much italy ore germany fans here as there are england fans.)

dirty was being sarcastic if you still havent noticed.

Edited by Michael Matzat

But you ARE an idiot. You are not right, nor is the rest of the world on your side. It's no surprise that England who beat the Swiss - and the referee who was Swiss - were at the end of unfair decisions.

It's no conspiracy, it was a wrong decision. And the rest of the world doesn't all share your one way minded falsey based opinions. You use the rule as your leverage, the rule was posted and broken down - it was found that Terry did not break this rule. Meier said there was a PUSH on Ricardo. He clearly motioned that Ricardo was PUSHED in the area. And, I'm sorry to say, but Ricardo was not pushed. He (while on the backfoot) lunged towards Terry, who was there first. You expect Terry to kindly step backwards (from mid air) to allow Ricardo a clear passage to a ball he WASN'T going to win?

I am stopping this discusion from my point now, i know i am right,

I pity you Matzat, I really do. You believe you're right based on nothing more than a clear hatred for the English, and will ignore the facts (in this case official rules from FIFA) when proved wrong. You try to be sarcastic and smart, but fail miserably at both.

Edited by Agent_Sm1th