What games for 2012 are you looking forward to?

Benji

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Still haven't beaten XIII, so I really have to get around to that. Loved Pulse though, and so long as XIII-2 takes place on Pulse, I'm really looking forward to it.

Gravity Rush

Looks amazing. Hoping some great moments will come from figuring out the mechanics, especially in battle.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

As much as I feel like I'm done with Uncharted for now, I can't help but look forward to this. I get the feeling this will sit away for a while so that XIII-2 and Gravity Rush can get most of my attention.

Assassin's Creed 3

I rushed through Revelations. I was largely disappointed, not by the game though. I knew what to expect from Revelations gameplay. I was disappointed that it doesn't live up to its title. I haven't done any of the sidequests yet, but the main narrative answered absolutely nothing from the cliffhanger Brotherhood ending. AC3 should hopefully give some closure, and with any luck, also bring a bit of innovation to the franchise.

Final Fantasy Type-0

What Benji said. I haven't kept up with this one much, but it's basically the last hurrah for PSP. PSP has basically been a solely Square-Enix machine for me, and I'll be celebrating that fact with this release.

The Last Guardian

Played Shadow when it got re-released. Absolutely loved it. Never have I felt as clever or as dumb in my life as I have playing Shadow. Last Guardian is a must for me.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Got the demo with Tekken Hybrid, and loved it. Tekken always delivers for me. I don't think I'll ever not get it (except the 3DS one).

Final Fantasy X HD

I don't think I really need to explain this one.

Journey

It just looks gorgeous. I love the concept, I love what the developers are trying to do, and I'm hoping to god that it will be as relaxing as to play as it is to watch. I also hope that it's playable on PSV when it comes out, because that's how I picture myself playing it anyway. :P

Honorable Mentions/Undecided

Mass Effect 3

I've yet to beat ME2, and I like it well enough, I just feel like I'm going through the motions playing it. Probably when it drops in price (which is when I got ME2 anyway)

Kingdom Hearts 3D

I just don't want to buy a 3DS, but KH: Birth by Sleep was my favourite game of last year without question, so KH3D will probably be worth it.

Metal Gear Rising

If I have to buy a PSMove to get the full experience, I'm out.

LittleBigPlanet PSV

The PSP one pissed me off. It felt so much less charming than the original LBP. I'll have to demo this before I get it.

ModNation Racers PSV

The original interested me, but I never wanted to put down the money for it. I'm liking the way track creation is looking for this one. Seems intuitive and it might foster creation a fair bit. Demo first is a likely scenario again.

WWE '13

Depends on how much in the way of extra features goes into create an arena. I can update my own rosters now. I don't need to shell out $90 AUD a year for THQ to do it for me.

Catherine (Seems like it's finally getting released here in February.)

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (I haven't finished 13 either yet, need to do that soon.)

SSX (Recently played SSX3 again first time in years and i absolutely loved that game. The next one wasn't that great, but i kind of want to get this.)

Mass Effect 3 (Noticed few days ago that i have started ME2 again and then stopped in about an hour and that's my only save so need to hurry through that before march.) Already pre-ordered the collector's edition.

Max Payne 3

Tomb Raider.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll probably end up getting the WiiU as and when Smash Bros comes out for it.

Other than that, being a Nintendo fgamer, there's not a lot whole lot to look forward to, only Last Story, really.

• 2 weeks later...

Diablo 3 if it gets released.

Well, given Blizzard's 12-month WoW deal (promise to inject the heroin known as WoW for one year, get our NEW, IMPROVED Devil Heroin FREE~!), I do believe they're hedging their bets D3 will see the light of day before '13.

Hard to say my personal preference...Twisted Metal has to be up there. The fact they're throwing in a PSN release of Black to early buyers (check it) is just sweet, bloody icing.

Diablo 3 if it gets released.

Well, given Blizzard's 12-month WoW deal (promise to inject the heroin known as WoW for one year, get our NEW, IMPROVED Devil Heroin FREE~!), I do believe they're hedging their bets D3 will see the light of day before '13.

Hard to say my personal preference...Twisted Metal has to be up there. The fact they're throwing in a PSN release of Black to early buyers (check it) is just sweet, bloody icing.

I love you. Come back to us.