2012 Major League Soccer Thread

HailtotheYo

Sigi's been hinting that he's finally found the right frame of mind and the correct motivation. I hope so because the kid could be great.

Also, wtf Vancouver. They're going to try and be an Indoor team apparently. 3-0 last night over SKC. They're tossing them in at a rather high rate, preseason or not.

.... and if you haven't been paying attention. Kely Rowe. Pay attention.

I will be there. Disappointed that Toronto is going to totally one-up us attendance wise, but hopefully the walkup sales are strong for Seattle tonight.

18,500 all but confirmed already, I'm guessing it'll be in the 21-23 range .... for a CCL match to open the season ? Yeah, that's plenty bad ass.

Also, you've got to remember that A- Toronto sucks ... B- This is their playoffs ... C- Beckham/Keane/Donovan haven't been together in Toronto yet ... D- Toronto sucks ...

I don't understand how Toronto are winning. I barely watch any MLS games but even I know they suck! :shifty:

Twitter is great for helping me keep tabs on North American soccer! I'll be the guy that pretends to know stuff when he doesn't actually know anything most likely. :shifty:

Guest mr. potato head

You've played as Vancouver enough in FM, you know more than me I'm sure. :shifty:

I find it so weird to see soccer camera angles in the Rogers Centre.

Guest mr. potato head

I don't know a lot about the issues he was having before coming to Toronto but he just seems to slot well into the system Winter has going and works really, really well with Koevermans.

Honestly, Toronto are getting better, and we should probably move on to the New England Revolution being the laughingstock of this thread. But still, disappointed they threw away the lead because I would love to face them in the next round over LA for so many reasons.

But fuck yeah, Sounders! The new possession emphasis they were talking about in preseason was in full force tonight and looked like some really attractive soccer, even Brad Evans was passing beautiful. Not a perfect win because we gave up the goal, but 2-1 over fucking Santos is such a great start for the Sounders this year.

Agreed. Estrada looked really good and is easily a level step with Neagle. He plays all season at half of what he did last night and you won't even remember Neagle left.

Most encouraging thing for me, if I'm a Sounders fan are:

1- Johansson/Gspurning looked fantastic. Several good saves, and that run/cross .... yeah.

2- EJ developed a first touch.

Someone rightly described Estrada as having the potential to be the best of a lot of Seattle's favorite players; off the top of my head, he has the workrate and the versatility of Roger Levesque and the tenacity of Mike Fucito. He's really not meant to be the Neagle replacement as I said before, though (that's Sivebaek, who I would have liked to see play last night), he's clearly more the new Fucito. Such a huge night from him, and I hope we get a lot more like that in 2012.

Whitecaps win 2-0 with a second half goal from Camilo. Montreal looked like a side that was still in pre-season. I'd guess being an expansion team doesn't help that? They had a few chances and the Whitecaps were a bit iffy in the back now and again but going forward they look good. It was a pretty good game from a Vancouver perspective.

Only the second or third full MLS game I've ever watched/first competitive Whitecaps game, I intend to watch more regularly throughout the season if I can.