2012 Major League Soccer Thread

HailtotheYo

Sebastien Le Toux is pissed. Wow.

Also, Luke Rodgers has got his work VISA sorted out so he'll definitely be a part of NYRB this year. Henry/Rodgers/Agudelo/Cooper, best lineup at striker in MLS as it stands?

Yeah, I don't see anyone but LA being able to match that man for man (if Buddle signs with them .... He's free now)

Although ... Vancouver sports Hassli, Le Toux, Camilo, Harris, and the CF type Chiumiento.

Honestly though I'm looking for SKC to break out with Bunbury, Sapong, and Kamara being fed by Convey and Siao

Happy with the return of both Buddle, and Beckham. I don't follow the Galaxy as much as I'd like, mostly talking with friends, but now that I have cable I should be able to catch a few more games, and hopefully make it out to see at least one in person. The Beckham deal was kind of a shock to me, I fully expected him to go back to Europe, but a welcome return.

I know this isn't really the right thread for it but I don't know where to post this and I'm really, really excited so I have to post somewhere; Hope Solo will be playing soccer in Seattle this year.

Sounders trade Lamar Neagle and Mike Fucito for Eddie Johnson. I, and a *lot* of Sounders fans, are livid right now.

Considering Puebla said "no thanks" because of the condition he was in when he went down there, I'm really surprised by this move.

Sigi is thin up top as it is, and unless EJ parties like it's 2004 or something .... I dunno what in the world this move does. It's a HUGE freaking risk. Going 2 for 1 on a huge risk doesn't seem to be the way to shore up your weak point.

For what it's worth, according to Johnson the Puebla story is bullshit and he never took a physical there. This story seems more and more like it actually checks out because apparently a Mexican club pulled the same stunt re: Mauro Rosales last year when they ended up not wanting to use him either.

Also, it's really just one for one on the forward front. Neagle isn't a forward and Johnson isn't meant to be replacing him (that would be Christian Sivebaek, who by all accounts has been incredibly impressive in training and probably would have been in front of Neagle in the depth chart). Still, Fucito is one of Seattle's cult heroes and Neagle is a local boy, and both have been more than good enough to start for the Sounders and offered great depth in juggling competitions. It's a big gamble and Johnson is going to have to make an immediate impact and gel with Montero well.