2012 Major League Soccer Thread

HailtotheYo

Nicolas Medina, havent seen his name for years. In one of the old sims hes an absolute monster CDM. By the next edition....not so much.

That's pretty much the story from everything I've read.

Conde is no longer in NY as they terminated his contract ... and they are now apparently looking at Teitur Thordarson who coached Vancouver. Yeesh.

Chelis has said that Shalrie Joseph isn't in his plans.

Looks like Diego Restrepo will be joining Philly for the preseason. Philly signed Alex Mendoza from PUMAS.

Marcelin and Villar have been released by FCD.

Dell Loy Hanson is now the sole owner of RSL. No more Checketts.

The naming rights to the Home Depot Center are up in May. Home Depot will not be renewing. Best one I've heard so far about a replacement (taken from a member of the BigSoccer boards) "Craftsman is my choice, so we can call it the TOOL shed." HA.

Elsewhere, Seattle have traded an international spot to Montreal for Lamar Neagle. I... am not sure why this is a thing that's happened. I like Neagle on a personal level but the last thing we need is another midfielder.

It makes me very concerned that Brad Evans is on the way out.

We didn't "get rid of" him. That implies that we didn't think he had value, and he does. There's a reason people got angry over trading him + Fucito away.

Apparently he still makes league minimum, so I get it. He's probably taking Cordell Cato's spot. Bad news for most of the eighty midfield trialists.

Oh clearly ... I mean you traded him and Fucito for the rights to Eddie Johnson. I didn't mean to imply he was trash or anything like that. He was merely the expendable part at the time, but when you're building like you guys are, it's a compliment that he's the expendable part.