2012 Major League Soccer Thread

HailtotheYo

Ehhhhhhh. It is what it is. Especially with MLS starting a week earlier so they can presumably not have playoffs scheduled as fucking stupidly as they were this year. I'm thankful that MLS has given Seattle, LA, and Houston week two off, because it means that we can get a competitive match under our belts beforehand and then spend a week preparing for the more important leg.

Ehhhhhhh. It is what it is. Especially with MLS starting a week earlier so they can presumably not have playoffs scheduled as fucking stupidly as they were this year. I'm thankful that MLS has given Seattle, LA, and Houston week two off, because it means that we can get a competitive match under our belts beforehand and then spend a week preparing for the more important leg.

That's exactly the reason, and I too am thankful for it. Part of that thanks, is in giving Monterrey the easiest draw <_<

Looking like Cudicini to LA is going to be done

Funny sense SJ is the supposed "sister club" and has the relationship with Spurs. Yet Keane and possibly Cudicini go to LA (not that Dawkins has been shit for SJ by any means).

'Chore' Edgar Mejia looking like the first CHV player to move over to CHVUSA ... he's actually not bad but he might be undersized for the physicality of the MLS (RB/RWB/DM).

Seattle fans have voted to let Hanauer keep his job.

5'9" doesn't strike me as excessively small. That's an inch shorter than Sean Franklin.

West Ham is considering a loan for Osvaldo Alonso. I really hope this goes through, because it means that he'd be getting competitive minutes for two months leading up to CCL and it would help us out with our financial situation without actually having to lose our best player.

5'9" doesn't strike me as excessively small. That's an inch shorter than Sean Franklin.

Franklin's quicker and bigger. Size is much more than just height.

West Ham is considering a loan for Osvaldo Alonso. I really hope this goes through, because it means that he'd be getting competitive minutes for two months leading up to CCL and it would help us out with our financial situation without actually having to lose our best player.

That'd be great if it went through.

I wanted to compare weight but Meija's didn't show up in my quick google search.

EDIT: Toronto FC have acquired Gale Agbossoumonde through the draft lottery. This means they don't actually need the #1 draft pick so much because the obvious #1 pick is a similarly promising young CB, so this could open the door for a trade with someone.

EDIT: Toronto FC have acquired Gale Agbossoumonde through the draft lottery. This means they don't actually need the #1 draft pick so much because the obvious #1 pick is a similarly promising young CB, so this could open the door for a trade with someone.

Considering our stellar history with developing young, promising centrebacksanybody, having multiple players with bright futures might be a good thing. Surely TFC can't mess up the development of both of them, right? If 2013 is anything like 2012 injury-wise, having eight or nine would be even better.

is Carr not a regular starter?

He worked his way into the lineup after Ching showed he couldn't go every match/full 90. Cummings though, fits in wonderfully with the 4-3-3 they put in this year. He and Kandji running the outside with Bruin in the middle is just sick. You can interchange Carr for either wing or Bruin up top ... Gives them 4 dynamic pieces in those slots.

Metzelder to SEA talk popping up.

Interesting possibility. We very much need a quality CB to replace Parke, though I have concerns about bringing in one at 32 from the Bundesliga, because he won't be cheap and isn't a long-term solution. I want us to be looking for our own Omar Gonzalez or Victor Bernardez.

Interesting possibility. We very much need a quality CB to replace Parke, though I have concerns about bringing in one at 32 from the Bundesliga, because he won't be cheap and isn't a long-term solution. I want us to be looking for our own Omar Gonzalez or Victor Bernardez.

I'm curious though, if they're buying a few years at the back in order to flesh out the bigger issue (Montero/Rosales).

TFC has apparently signed Arnold Peralta (Honduran AM with NT caps, 23yrs old). DC had had their sights on him before (thanks mr payne, you dick).

Rumors about the Ginger Ninja going to TFC in a trade ... Philly has interest as well.

Carlo Cudicini to LA Galaxy official. He could end up having a couple very good seasons with them and is an upgrade over Saunders, but financially this seems like a questionable move seeing as there isn't even any local connection like with Keller and Carlo will probably be max non-DP salary.

Really questionable seeing as how they're still trying to work a trade for Hesmer.

NYRB deals Lindpere to Chicago for an International Slot. They're also likely to name Paulo Sousa as their new coach. SOUSA MIGHT COACH NYRB !

RSL signed Lovel Palmer.

Tyson Wahl to the Crew.

Andrea Pisanu on a year loan to Montreal.

SKC has supposedly landed IVYFUNDS as their kit sponsor.

Keane has signed with LA through 2015.

OBG is doing work for Houston in Honduras. He's trying to get young playmaker Alex Lopez (of Olimpia) to come to Houston. Great young prospect with a good scoring/assist record.

Yeah, that's not really new news. Roth's been saying that for a month or so. I pretty much expected this season to be Montero's last months ago, though I wasn't expecting the exit strategy to be a six month loan playing in Colombia and the Copa Libertadores with a hopeful summer move elsewhere.

No clue who we'd replace him with, though. Joan Verdu was long rumored but Atletico Madrid apparently want him now and I don't think he was ever that invested in playing here.