Joe Paterno dead at 85

sahyder1

Forgetting what mistakes he did or didn't make it's important he's remembered as a top coach and more important a good man. It almost echos Jock Stein in that a pedophile was on his staff, and it's always used against him.

Edit: Sorry, thought this was confirmed.

Edited by Gareth7

Yes it sucks that a man will now be loved and cherished when the truth is he aided and abetted a man who was fucking children due to his lack of backbone. I'm sure all of their families are crying over the terrible loss.

• Like 12

Yes it sucks that a man will now be loved and cherished when the truth is he aided and abetted a man who was fucking children due to his lack of backbone. I'm sure all of their families are crying over the terrible loss.

I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about him strictly dying.

I guess it's already time to leave the thread, and we aren't even a page in.

Amazing you can even see anything from your Ivory tower.

• Like 5

Penn State and Paterno family reps are denying the report. Theres nothing about it on ESPN, TMZ and Deadspin is the one that posted that he hasn't passed away. I'm gonna wait this one out

Amazing you can even see anything from your Ivory tower.

Go back and read the other thread where I was defending him. Then go and read the countless news reports that have made it quite clear that he had more than enough information to know what was going on. Then work with children who have been raped for three years and tell me that you think that anyone who didn't stop this sort of shit from happening deserves any form of celebration.

• Like 9

As someone with a long family history in social services everything I read pointed to it being covered over by the offenders and the chicken assistant manager. With the previous experience mentioned I think it's an awful thing to label anyone as a child abuser or a child abuser abet-er without sufficient evidence. Iv'e looked at the case and I feel the main responsibility rests on the university officials who were told what happened and did nothing, they are the real cowards. Although JoePa could have done alot better he did report to Uni officials and to damn an old dieing man just seems wrong to me.

Edit: Being old and dieing doesn't absolve anyone of their mistakes, but on reflection I just don't think JoePa would cover for pedophiles etc as a long beloved personality, and if it comes to pass that he did then I have no problem admitting im wrong.

Edited by Gareth7

Oh jesus fucking christ, two months ago everyone was saying how his role in the scandal forever tarnished his legacy and no amount of good he did in football would ever overshadow the harm he caused by not doing more.

But now he's about to die, so suddenly we can overlook his role in the scandal and focus on the impact he had on college football?

• Like 11