EWB Fantasy Baseball

sahyder1

Go to our league page and then "available players". You can see projected stats there. I usually read projections over at Sports Illustrated, ESPN,Baseball Prospectus as well.

I would have taken Cabrera first overall.

Just a reminder to all that we are drafting a LF,CF and RF and not just 3 OFs.

Edited by sahyder1

I bought a fantasy guide the other day, but it seems to be reaffirming my theory that I should stay away from everybody I know in favour of highly-ranked guys I've never heard of :shifty:

Am curious what others would have done with the first pick though. I was really considering Cano.

I would have taken Cano, although I imagine that's partly homer bias.

Also, sorry for partly identifying as a Yankees fan. It's not my fault! I was originally a White Sox fan (thanks to Big Hurt Baseball), then my parents went to New York and bought me a Yankees jersey. Which conflicted heavily with me liking the Mets for a short period because I had a tape with highlights of Channel 4's coverage of the '86 World Series and the music video for Let's Go Mets, which I still contend is the greatest sports rally song ever, next to the Super Bowl Shuffle at least.

Cabrera, Pujols, and Kemp are the only 3 players going number 1 in any league this year I think. Cabrera is without a doubt the one the majority of people with the top pick will be taking.

But anyway, and I know I'm not helping matters, but for organization's sake (and so that we don't have dreaded double picking or someone thinking a player was taken when they weren't) can we both avoid cluttering up the topic with discussion? Sahyder can't be expected to update the taken list, presumably on the first post of the thread, after every pick and the last thing we want is someone to think a player was taken since they saw their name in the post above when in reality it was just 2 people talking about said player. You guys catch my drift?

Cabrera, Pujols, and Kemp are the only 3 players going number 1 in any league this year I think. Cabrera is without a doubt the one the majority of people with the top pick will be taking.

But anyway, and I know I'm not helping matters, but for organization's sake (and so that we don't have dreaded double picking or someone thinking a player was taken when they weren't) can we both avoid cluttering up the topic with discussion? Sahyder can't be expected to update the taken list, presumably on the first post of the thread, after every pick and the last thing we want is someone to think a player was taken since they saw their name in the post above when in reality it was just 2 people talking about said player. You guys catch my drift?

I won't be updating after every pick because of work and outside stuff but I will be updating a couple of times daily at least. I don't see the harm in analyzing picks. I guess we could take that discussion over to the MLB Off Season thread but everyone not in the league won't care for it.

I do think it'd be a good idea to send whoever is picking next a PM to keep the process moving along though.

Thread created.

Angels in 2K12 - sahyder1

4 Quarters Mafia - JStarr

Breakfast Club - Hickey

Cashing in Cashman - damshow

Dutch Folk - Eddie G

Enchanted Jock Strap - Dragsy

Kitchener Panthers - MPH

Midland Tornadoes - Berober

Potton Wolverines - 9 to 5

Prince of Pie & DUI - bill_da_bill

Scott NattieBohberg - LNK