SSX

Liam

I picked it up when I bought my new PS3, as it was £25 when you did that, and that would have been about the extent I was willing to pay. I dunno, I'm enjoying it at the moment. Something to throw on and have a go at for half hour between work and marking and that.

I did. I didn't like it. I've already returned it. :shifty:

I was thinking about it, then I saw someone had returned it a couple days after it's release. Took that as a sign.

That happens all the time at places like CEX. Games come in from release date onwards, pretty much.

Yeah, just because it was quickly traded in doesn't make it a bad game. We get a lot of people (read: idiots), who spend money the don't have on every new release, then trade it for cash a day or two later because they forgot/didn't want to pay rent or bills.

SSX3 is one of my favourite games of all time. I'm a big fan of the series, and snowboarding games in general (COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL BOARDERS!), so I've been looking forward to this for ages. And it's good, the soundtrack is good and I like the tricks. But it just doesn't have the same feel and I haven't quite gotten into it yet. Maybe it'll come, but I'm not keen on stats being tied to gear (I'd at least like the option of buying a particular board and then customising the look rather than being stuck with whatever a particular board looks like), the customisation so far appears limited to palette swaps and the attempt at a story is lame (Who's idea was it to retcon SSX into an acronym? I swear it never used to stand for anything).

I have a day off tomorrow so I'll spend some more time with it, but I'm a little disheartened with it right now.

I did. I didn't like it. I've already returned it. :shifty:

I was thinking about it, then I saw someone had returned it a couple days after it's release. Took that as a sign.

That happens all the time at places like CEX. Games come in from release date onwards, pretty much.

Case in point: http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5030930101589

• Like 1

Well obviously, that still doesn't change my disappointment. Used to play the two I mentioned constantly with my brother, shaving fractions of seconds off records day by day, so gutted its no longer in.

I'm probably old school, but I still play most of my multiplayer games either with mates or family which is why footie games and quite a lot of Wii games appeal. I'd still class myself as a fairly hardcore gamer when I can afford to be (playing through Arkham City now), but a good local multiplayer always gets more play and SSX is the first time I've really felt limited by it having played Portal 2 and the latest CoD splitscreen. Taking a second tv and PS3 round and connecting wirelessly seems excessive.