Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

I personally like Malbranque down the left. He may not be a natural left winger but I think he's done well there for the first couple of games. If he can get his crosses more accurate I'd have no objection to him playing there all season.

We really do need Aaron Lennon and (at least) Michael Dawson back, they bring that something extra to the team. Of course if we can get Ledley back as soon as possible that'll be another boost but with the way things have gone for him the last couple of years I can't see him staying healthy for long.

Apparently it doesn't need surgery and he might be back after two or three weeks.

He had recurring problems with (I presume) the same injury last year as well. Now we have Bent amongst our ranks I'd prefer he have surgery to correct whatever the problem is so he's not being sidelined every couple of months with it.

Quietly optimistic now, having seen the Derby game - THAT was the Spurs I remember!

Routledge did very well, and hopefully he can fill in for Lennon until he's back. He's kinda come outta left field to have a very good game there, and he did alright when he was on the pitch against Everton too, so it's good to see that a long-term purchase is starting to pay dividends.

With Bale and Dawson expected back for the Man United game, and King looming on the horizon, I'm a bit more confident, but we need to build quickly and convincingly on this run of form or we're sunk. A point against United, and a couple of wins, will stand us in good stead, but we can't afford to keep dropping soft points as we did against Sunderland and Everton.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...