Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

First goal was all Atouba's fault. Slows down to jog thinking it's going to go out. Does he have no concept of the opposition at all?!?!

And every time the ball comes near him all he does is punt it back down the pitch to the West Brom defence.

Surely everyone must have realised by now....DROP ATOUBA! He's not good enough.

Mmmmmm vintage second half display from Spurs!

Took control, beautiful flowing attacking footy. the 4-4-2 really worked. Simon Davies and Stephen Kelly were magnificent. Jermain Defoe was fantastic and even Atouba picked up a bit in the 2nd....

Bring on Forest, BOING BOING BAGGIES, ALL THE WAY HOME

Looking quality in the 2nd half but if our defence is being ripped apart by Kevin Campbell And Kanu we still not the finished article . Kelly looks a really , really good player but is a nervous on the ball something that has been there since his debut , with a bit of confidence he will step up a gear a look great , And with Super Si getting back on form we have a promising right hand side .

Ive always said to people who complain about Davies , Without Si we have no width in the team and end up playing central players on the wings which dont work ( like Mendes this year ) . IMO a fit and on form Simon Davies is great to watch and rates up there with the top 5 right wingers in the English Premiership

Exactly...The penalty HAD to be a penalty...You can't go in feet first like that and take out the player even if the ball DID hit his back! So that was a fair decision.

The handball that led to the freekick was perhaps a little harsh but still, Defoe had to do an awful lot to score so the goal was hardly down to Styles.

Guest Ringmaster

They finally aired the game over here, and I don't really see anything wrong with the penalty being called and the freekick was hardly an easy goal. Although I had to sit through the terrible American/Canadian commentators as opposed to the British one, and they kept on saying that the Spurs didn't deserve a penalty. But that's just because they're biased towards Arsenal and rip any other team.

We're looking pretty good for the youth cup this year, remember we can always wheel out someone like Ziegler for a tough game :shifty:

It's interesting the last time we reached the final we lost on penalties to a Man Utd team with Beckham, Scholes, etc, etc and never used any of our players after that. These days I suspect it won't be the last you hear of most of these lads?

And the legend that was Andy Turner!!! What the hell happened to him anyways? I know he went to Portsmouth for a while then Rotherham....He was a classy 17 year old back in the day...Ireland U21 left winger....

Also we had the goalie Chris Day who turned out pretty well...

I managed to catch the goals on Sky Sports news. Great free kick.

I might try catch one of the games. We really do seem to have some great talent, especially Leigh Mills who is highly rated. Ifil has already proved he can hold his own in the Premership so hopfully we'll see these in the first team in a couple of years.