Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

I thought we were pretty much in control. They only threatened our penalty area a few times and it was us who had the possession and was passing the ball around. We just didn't seem to have that cutting edge and Defoe was pretty quiet.

Once the breakthrough came I thought we would hang on, but knowing us we do sometimes throw a wobbler and muck up.

Good to see Keane grab a goal because I feel he will start getting unhappy with his new role as bench warmer. Despite his moments of brilliance which he can pull off, he misses far too many chances for my liking. I'd love him to still stay at Spurs though.

• 3 weeks later...

OK , We couldnt have played much better but is that a concelation ? Hell No . Reffing in this country needs a big shake up because that is not good enough . Gardners goal was perfectly acceptable but was disallowed . We go out of the cup to a Newcastle side that are poor and at the back look shaky with Bramble and surely if Dfoe isnt up to playing against the big teams take him off ! Just cos hes Defoe doesnt mean there is going to be an uproar ! . Our best bet now is 7th position and that is if we are lucky . COME ON YOU SPURS JUST SORT IT OUT PLEASE STOP BEING THE BEST UNDER ACHIEVERS IN THE WORLD

2-1 beating Man City.

I don't care how we win really at this stage of the game.

I heard Robbie battled a bit too hard for the goal but meh, I'll watch it on Match Of The Day whenever the game comes on.

Even if it was unfair it makes up for the goal against United being disallowed for no reason.

Looks like Atouba is in for a hefty ban now aswell, which should be a relief. I actually missed the incedent [/Wenger] but having seen it on TV last night he's in for a ban.

That said that's the worst time we've played over the last month and we've got a win and are only a couple of points off Liverpool. Clattenberg could have a lot to say for himself at the end of the season...

Yeah, it was fairly random - unless something was said between the two of them earlier. He was just jogging behind him in the build up for Keane's goal, then twatted him in the face about 30 yards from goal.

Does seem fairly uncharacteristic, maybe something happened earlier - but there was no footage, so it's doubtful.

I was at he game and i missed the incident (i was watching kanoute on the wing ), we felt they were claiming for an offside .

Hopefully Atouba is out for the rest of the season

I think most of us were, everyone could see it was going to be one of those great chances that we usually screw up. The only one who was aware of the incident was Atouba, even Barton didn't know what had happened!

Edited by lazy_arse

Jackson is an all round div.....ision 1 player he lacks pace , his range of passing is poor and has an regular poor cross , let him go ! .

Im looking forward to Saturdays game after last season or the season before we smashed Birmingham 4-1 at home . Birmingham away will be a very tough but we have a generally better side than The Blues . COME ON YOU SPURS !