Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

We are supposed to be interested in De Ridder who I'm told is a great young dutch prospect in the same mould as Van Der Vaart.

Just read about a massive blow. Contrary to what Jol said after the Villa game, Robbo is going to miss the last two games of the season. Cerny has played about half an hour of football this season which makes me a bit nervous. Hopefully he the defence can protect him well and he won't be called into saving us too many times.

Latest "Dutch player" rumourmill news.

Apparantly there's rumours floating round about Schneijder from Ajax and (much more excitingly) Raphael Van der Vaart perhaps being drawn to the Lane by the Arnesen/Jol situation.

Van der Vaart would be my dream signing since playing as Ajax in CM00/01 and him being magnificent.

Unfortunately, Spurs don't really have the drawing power, though if we got into UEFA and actually had some kinda run, who knows...

At least Man City can beat Boro...They're in great form at the moment.

We just need to fire on all cylinders and play the most attacking football we've played all season.

Even if it's a draw or Boro win, I want us winning by at least three to give me any confidence in the desire of the squad.

Tottenham defender Ledley King has all but admitted defeat in the club's challenge for a Uefa Cup spot.

Spurs go into the final game of the season needing an unlikely scenario to leapfrog rivals Middlesbrough and Manchester City, who play each other.

"Everyone is deflated and it'll take a while for us to get back up," he said.

"We need Manchester City to win and to score a certain amount of goals, which is going to be hard. In fact, it's nigh on impossible."

But King is hopeful for the future under manager Martin Jol and the young squad at White Hart Lane.

He added: "We deserve to be up there. We have a young side and have done better than many people would have expected with the new players coming in.

"We are good enough to be up there and we know that.

"Martin has worked wonders in the short time he has been here. I'm sure everyone is relieved to know he is signing a new deal. Under him, with the work he is doing, this club will only get better."

Bah.

Summer strengthening I hope.

We need to stop playing in streaks. If wwe can get some kind of consistancy then we might actually achieve something!

Still, we've got a one in six chance of sneaking in through the fair play league! hahahahahaa

Went to the game and on that performance we didnt deserve a UEFA cup spot .

I must say that i havent seen anything like what i saw after the game (people that stayed) fantastic atmosphere . amazing .

Agree with the post match comment though, it was a fantastic atmosphere that made it easier to forget the poor performance.

Edited by The Slickman